Trt at 61

Buy Lab Tests Online
Hi everyone,hope everyone is well. Just wanted to share my experience. My labs say I have 590 total test, 72 free test. That was 6 weeks ago, when coincidentally is the last time I I ejaculated by myself sob,sob. 6 weeks ago I decided to try semen retention, so have not ejaculated for 6 weeks. I have not felt an urge or arousal in 6 weeks. I find this strange cause with my high test score,I thought I would be climbing the walls

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Guided_by_Voices

A lot of things go into urge, but I have never heard any compelling logic or evidence that semen retention does anything good, at least past a few days. That is nowhere on the list of things I would look at to improve your situation. Anything that is radically outside of what nature intended should be viewed with great suspicion.

Vince

Super Moderator
Hi everyone,hope everyone is well. Just wanted to share my experience. My labs say I have 590 total test, 72 free test. That was 6 weeks ago, when coincidentally is the last time I I ejaculated by myself sob,sob. 6 weeks ago I decided to try semen retention, so have not ejaculated for 6 weeks. I have not felt an urge or arousal in 6 weeks. I find this strange cause with my high test score,I thought I would be climbing the walls
I'm a little bit lost. So you started TRT? These are your labs ? You have no libido?

JmarkH

Everyone doesn't need supplemental testosterone. I'm 63 and so far I don't. My labs were similar to yours. 573TT RR264-916; 14.4 FT RR6.6-18.1. I was feeling like crap in body and mind which weighed heavy on my spirit. I felt the worst I could ever remember. My Dr. put me on HCG 250IU 4xwk and 25mg clomid 4xwk. My labs in 8 weeks were 751TT; 13.5 FT. I was feeling alive again and fully functional. We made the adjustment to HCG 250IU 4xwk and 50mg enclomiphene 4xwk. 4 weeks later I'm feeling more dialed in and have no doubt I'm over 800TT with more free T. In four weeks I'll do follow-up labs.
My point is there are options to work through before diving into trt with all its associated issues.
I may be one of the lucky ones and never need trt, but I'm open to it if I ever do need it.

Systemlord

No ,never done yet. Doctors say my test is too high
This isn't going to fly my friend.

Recommendations on the diagnosis, treatment and monitoring of hypogonadism in men
Unfortunately, no consensus has been reached regarding the lower TT threshold defining testosterone deficiency, and there are no generally accepted lower limits of normal TT [60]. This lack of consensus follows from the fact that no studies have shown a clear threshold for TT or free T that distinguishes men who will respond to treatment from those who will not.
Meanwhile the number of CAG (cytosine–adenine–guanine triplet) repeats in androgen receptor differs in men and influences the androgen receptor activity. Hence testosterone sensitivity may vary in different individuals.
The same applies to androgen receptor gene CAG repeat lengths >24 in the presence of symptoms and normal testosterone levels may be considered as a state of preclinical hypogonadism

But I was interested in trt, just that doctors that I see are against it
A lack of knowledge is commonplace sex hormones and steroids in general has a stigma attached to it.

Last edited:

MIP1950

I recall in Dr. Shippen's book, for men without frank low T, he'd prescribe HCG and for some it restored sexual function, as @JmarkH. Finding a decent doctor...well... @Checkmate7 , where are you located? City, state?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me