TRT and immune system

Buy Lab Tests Online

sh1973

I watched a video yesterday on YouTube with Dr. Mark Gordon and he brought up how TRT improves immune system function. Thinking back since I started TRT nearly a decade ago I’ve hardly ever gotten sick. In fact I don’t know when the last time was that I had a cold or any kind of virus. I didn’t get sick much prior to TRT but it seems it’s made it nearly non existent. Just curious if others have noticed this. BTW the video with Dr Gordon on the lifting dermatologist is a very informative video that certainly sheds light on some of the issues guys have with TRT.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Same here.
Before TRT I got a cold / sick 3-4 times a year for 2-3 weeks each.
Haven't been sick on TRT once in several years.
Even all of my allergies are gone.

sh1973

I hadn’t really thought much about it over the years but after watching that video my wife and I were talking last night and man I cannot remember at all the last time I got any kind of sickness. I always try to find any positive aspect of things and I can certainly say the sure seems to be one.

sh1973

The studies are interesting for sure but it could be the increase in estradiol that goes hand-in-hand with testosterone replacement that strengthens some guys immune system‘s. There’s certainly something different with me as far as getting sick on TRT,no doubt about it.

captain

Talking about TRT not women and males that are not on TRT. Using info from them wouldn't say much about what happens in men on TRT.

One thing that happens with TRT is upstream hormones fall. DHEA is one of them and it boost immune function. This is not going to show in a study with non TRT users. So if your on TRT and not supplementing DHEA you may be reducing immune function. This could be why DHEA is not recommended for people with HIV.

madman

Super Moderator
I watched a video yesterday on YouTube with Dr. Mark Gordon and he brought up how TRT improves immune system function. Thinking back since I started TRT nearly a decade ago I’ve hardly ever gotten sick. In fact I don’t know when the last time was that I had a cold or any kind of virus. I didn’t get sick much prior to TRT but it seems it’s made it nearly non existent. Just curious if others have noticed this. BTW the video with Dr Gordon on the lifting dermatologist is a very informative video that certainly sheds light on some of the issues guys have with TRT.

Do Androgens Modulate the Pathophysiological Pathways of Inflammation? Appraising the Contemporary Evidence

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Testosterone administration in men differentially increases neutrophil and monocyte counts. These findings, together with its erythropoietic effects, suggest that testosterone promotes the differentiation of hematopoietic progenitors into the myeloid lineage. These findings have potential mechanistic, therapeutic and safety implications.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com

GreenMachineX

At what point would testosterone reduce immune function? I'm about to get a Covid and flu test as I feel like garbage. I've switched from 25mg eod test cyp to 10mg ED and feel even better (aside from being sick of course). My last test results on 25mg eod were:
Total Testosterone 880 (250-1100)
Free Testosterone 210.4 H (35-155)

I haven't had bloodwork done on the daily dosing yet, but is that free test high enough to suppress health immune function on the eod dosing? I would imagine my current dose would be a little lower blood levels then that.

Systemlord

I haven't had bloodwork done on the daily dosing yet, but is that free test high enough to suppress health immune function on the eod dosing?
The last dosage increase 8 weeks ago did suppress my immune function slightly, lots of mucus and coughing that would seem to come and go. It's mostly gone now even as the weather is getting colder.

I can't remember the last time I had these issues, I haven't had the flu since I was 14 and am almost 50. I never get sick, brother and father are the same.

GreenMachineX

The last dosage increase 8 weeks ago did suppress my immune function slightly, lots of mucus and coughing that would seem to come and go. It's mostly gone now even as the weather is getting colder.

I can't remember the last time I had these issues, I haven't had the flu since I was 14 and am almost 50. I never get sick, brother and father are the same.
Are your levels within range, or slightly high?

GreenMachineX

Back when I started Jatenzo my Total T levels were 479 ng/dL and my hematocrit was 55.9% and hemoglobin 18.7. My SHBG is 12.

Total T levels that are in range can be deceptive, my Total T can be in the 600's and Free T supraphysiological.
That's the situation I'm in. My free T is much higher than typical for my total. This covid is just dragging on too. Day 10. Started ivermectin yesterday. Done playing around.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me