TRT and high BP Pulse

Buy Lab Tests Online

Ronnny

I am on 100mg cipionate and .25mg anastrozole. Recently I was diagnoses little high BP with 130/90 average pulse always above 90.

So my GP prescribed me 2.5mg Lisinopril to bring the BP down. Is anybody here on ACE inhibitor Lisinopril for high BP?

Bad Thing is even my Bp came down with Lisinopril but pulse stayed high sometimes 110. Never goes down below 90. What is the cause of high pulse and how can I reduce it if anyone knows. I think my thyroid was ok when I tested last time.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

MarcoFL

I am on 100mg cipionate and .25mg anastrozole. Recently I was diagnoses little high BP with 130/90 average pulse always above 90.

So my GP prescribed me 2.5mg Lisinopril to bring the BP down. Is anybody here on ACE inhibitor Lisinopril for high BP?

Bad Thing is even my Bp came down with Lisinopril but pulse stayed high sometimes 110. Never goes down below 90. What is the cause of high pulse and how can I reduce it if anyone knows. I think my thyroid was ok when I tested last time.
are you on thyroid medication?

Vince

Super Moderator
Have you tried stopping the anastrozole. I wonder if this having any effect on your blood pressure and heart rate?

fifty

When I was on trt my blood pressure was higher and my pulse averaged in the 90s. Now that I stopped, blood pressure is normal and my pulse is in the 60s when not exercising. Sorry no solutions from me other than reducing/stopping.

Golfboy307

I agree, its important to know what those figures were before you started TRT. Also, your doctor should check your hematocrit and other blood factors. I am on Lisinopril, which is considered one of the better BP drugs. However, if you were < 120/80 prior to TRT you should look at some of the potential T side effects and address with your doctor before committing to long term treatment of hypertension.

Ronnny

I agree, its important to know what those figures were before you started TRT. Also, your doctor should check your hematocrit and other blood factors. I am on Lisinopril, which is considered one of the better BP drugs. However, if you were < 120/80 prior to TRT you should look at some of the potential T side effects and address with your doctor before committing to long term treatment of hypertension.
Even before I was on TRT, my BP was always in hypertension range , not too high. TRT has not changed my BP much. I always had sleep issue I believe because of high pulse. My resting pulse always above 90.

Ronnny

Yes my Primary Physician told me Lisinopril is very safe and effective medication with very few side effects.My BP was almost same as now before I began TRT.

Ronnny

When I was on trt my blood pressure was higher and my pulse averaged in the 90s. Now that I stopped, blood pressure is normal and my pulse is in the 60s when not exercising. Sorry no solutions from me other than reducing/stopping.
May be I need to stop TRT for a month and see if helps or not. My Primary Physician is aware of that I am on TRT.

Gman86

Sometimes we like to blame TRT completely for cardiovascular issues, and it can definitely have an effect on things, such as BP and pulse rate, to a certain degree, but I’m currently on 200mg of deca per week, and 63mg of test per week, and my HCT was 54 like a month ago. During that time BP was averaging around 116/70. I donated blood, HCT came down to around 51, BP has dropped a little bit. I’m averaging around 110/60 now, pulse averages in the low 60’s first thing in the morning, and gets into a the low 70’s sometimes throughout the day. Pulse rate hasn’t really changed from having a HCT of 54 to HCT of 51.

While on this current protocol, I got a physical and BP was 120/80. Which isn’t too bad, but a little higher than my liking. Shortly after I changed my diet to mostly carnivore, with some added healthy carbs for workout performance and to help build muscle, in the form of white rice, organic raw honey, and select fruits. I didn’t switch up my diet to improve BP, but I noticed a few weeks later that my systolic BP dropped about 5-10 points, and my diastolic BP dropped 10 points.

I also lift weights frequently, try to ride my bike fairly frequently, and also do things to help with BP such as drink only mineral water, mixed with some liquid magnesium and Celtic salt. I drink 2 glass bottles of mineral water per day. Each one I put some liquid magnesium chloride and Celtic salt as soon as I open it. I definitely think drinking the mineral water with magnesium and salt plays a huge role in keeping my blood pressure and pulse in a healthy range.

Just trying to offer some other ways to improve BP and pulse rate, other than just assuming it’s the testosterone that’s causing both to be high.

Attachments

• 5B36BF11-54CD-4EF3-AFEB-CAE1FF8A8D8F.png
    5B36BF11-54CD-4EF3-AFEB-CAE1FF8A8D8F.png
    610.1 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

Gman86

GMan, very nice example of taking control of your own health! So many do not do this today!

Thanks. I completely agree. I’m definitely not saying TRT can’t have an effect on these things, because it most definitely can. I just think that these effects can be greatly mitigated if we focus on learning how to control health markers through diet and lifestyle modifications. The body works as a whole. You have to take care of it in all areas for it to function properly. Here’s a video that I believe really made a difference when it comes to maintaining a healthy BP. All my other healthy markers are looking better than ever too since I switched up my diet and started eating as clean as possible. Not only am I eating as clean as I ever have in my life, I’m also enjoying my food more than I ever have in my life. I’ve figured out an amazing balance between health and enjoyment. So eating clean doesn’t mean u have to not enjoy ur food. Just wanted to put that out there for anyone scared to change their diet in fear of sacrificing flavor and enjoyment and looking forward to meals. I had salmon, white rice, honey, ghee, salt and dill weed for dinner last night, and I looked forward to it like it was fried chicken. With the one serving of organic raw honey it adds the perfect amount of sweet to it, and mixed with the fat from the salmon and ghee, it makes like this honey glaze. I’m telling u, I was so sad when I took my last bite lol.

Ronnny

Have you tried stopping the anastrozole. I wonder if this having any effect on your blood pressure and heart rate?

I have not stopped talking anastrozole. I don't think I even need to take anastrozole. It is not good for bone health one of my doctor told me as it reduces estrogen. But I think taking anastrozole is not a problem if the estrogen stays within rance. But I do not take it regularly.

Vince

Super Moderator
I have not stopped talking anastrozole. I don't think I even need to take anastrozole. It is not good for bone health one of my doctor told me as it reduces estrogen. But I think taking anastrozole is not a problem if the estrogen stays within rance. But I do not take it regularly.
I would seriously consider stopping your AI. It would be interesting to see if it would improve your resting pulse rate

MarcoFL

I would seriously consider stopping your AI. It would be interesting to see if it would improve your resting pulse rate
UGH Vince! so you think anastozle raises resting HR? I have been struggling with some BP and HR issues and take an AI

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me