Trt and heart disease

Buy Lab Tests Online

2jay-man

Can men with high blood pressure or heart disease still get testosterone prescriptions?
Only looking for factual or personal experience answers no guesses or speculation please and thank you

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

It's a well known fact the doctors have been prescribing TRT to newly diagnosed heart failure patients for the past 20 years that shows improved heart function and health outcomes.

This is where all the long teem data comes from. The numerous randomized placebo-controlled clinical studies all show the same thing, increases in all cause mortality do to having low-T.

2jay-man

Sweet thanks man. I am about to start trt and I dont have heart issues but I always wondered if maybe I do and they just haven't surfaced yet.

Systemlord

madman

Super Moderator
Can men with high blood pressure or heart disease still get testosterone prescriptions?
Only looking for factual or personal experience answers no guesses or speculation please and thank you

CVD

*There is no evidence showing increased cardiovascular (CV) mortality or morbidity with TTh

*In conclusion, available data showed that when appropriately diagnosed and managed TTh in subjects with TD is not associated with increased CV mortality and morbidity. Possible preliminary positive results on CV outcomes should be confirmed through larger placebo-controlled RCT

*Men with significant erythrocytosis (hematocrit >52%), severe untreated obstructive sleep apnea, or untreated severe congestive heart failure should not be started on treatment with TTh without prior resolution of the co-morbid condition.

Hematocrit

*Some authors recommend that TTh be discontinued if hematocrit is >54%, which may be reasonable while baseline hematocrit level >50% is a relative contraindication for starting testosterone therapy. However, these recommendations are based on assumptions – the clinical significance of a hematocrit >54% is unknown

*The lack of increase in cardiovascular events with elevated hematocrit may be due to the fact that T acts as a vasodilator and has anti-atherosclerotic effects [223]. In addition, testosterone is able to decrease plasma concentrations of procoagulatory substances such as fibrinogen and PAI-1 as well as Factor XII [224] Isolated hematocrit elevations can be the result of insufficient fluid intake on a hot day. Only repeated measures of hematocrit >54% should be followed by concomitant administration of aspirin, bleeding, therapeutic phlebotomy, and/or discontinuation of TTh until hematocrit declines below 54%. After normalization of hematocrit levels, TTh can be continued with a reduced dosage

*Periodic hematological assessment is, however, indicated, i.e. before TTh, then 3–4 months and 12 months in the first year of treatment, and annually thereafter. Although it is not yet clear what upper limit of hematocrit level is clinically desirable, dose adjustments may be necessary to keep hematocrit below 52–54%

*Men with significant erythrocytosis (hematocrit >52%), severe untreated obstructive sleep apnea, or untreated severe congestive heart failure should not be started on treatment with TTh without prior resolution of the co-morbid condition.

madman

Super Moderator
It's a well known fact the doctors have been prescribing TRT to newly diagnosed heart failure patients for the past 20 years that shows improved heart function and health outcomes.

This is where all the long teem data comes from. The numerous randomized placebo-controlled clinical studies all show the same thing, increases in all cause mortality do to having low-T.

*TRAVERSE is the largest and longest duration randomized study of TRT ever conducted. With a greater number of MACE endpoints than all other randomized trials to date combined, TRAVERSE will address the uncertainty regarding CV safety of this therapy among middle-aged or older men with or at high risk for CV disease

madman

Super Moderator

4:48-5:48

Everyone is patiently waiting for the results from the TRAVERSE Trial JUNE 2022!

xcpatr922

maybe T is helping the heart by strengthening the muscle and body composition.

xcpatr922

I had CAD and I'm thinking the other way around, maybe everyone that has a heart issue needs to have T as it fixed so many things.

Jucaro

Prior to TRT 5 years ago, I was having ventricular hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, plus auricular extrasystoles, 2 years later I was asymptomatic and echocardiogram showed normal. When I try to come off TRT, arrithmia comes back (along with hypogonadal symptoms) to remind me why I am on TRT.

xcpatr922

Prior to TRT 5 years ago, I was having ventricular hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, plus auricular extrasystoles, 2 years later I was asymptomatic and echocardiogram showed normal. When I try to come off TRT, arrithmia comes back (along with hypogonadal symptoms) to remind me why I am on TRT.

What's the possible explanation ?

xcpatr922

I don't know. But it is known low testosterone is associated with higher cardiovascular morbidity. The damage must be at endotelial (vascular) level, plus some genetically prone individuality.

I think it's as simple as this :
low T---> higher fat ---> higher inflammation and low insulin sensitivity.

Jucaro

I think it's as simple as this :
low T---> higher fat ---> higher inflammation and low insulin sensitivity.
Not that easy. Biology is very complex and there is much to be know yet. I've never had problems with blood sugar, insulin sensitivity, been overweight, or bad lipid profile.

xcpatr922

I agree but that's the basic. More fat in the body composition is extremely bad. really bad.

I don't know accurately, but in my case it seems T is fixing so many things. T literally made me a different man over just few months. Never felt this good my entire life.

Jucaro

I agree but that's the basic. More fat in the body composition is extremely bad. really bad.

I don't know accurately, but in my case it seems T is fixing so many things. T literally made me a different man over just few months. Never felt this good my entire life.
Same for me. I'm 53 years old, but after 5 years on TRT, I look younger than 53, more manly, more energy, more sexy. I don't say that, it is my 29 years old wife who felt in love with me 2 years ago by mistake, thinking I was younger. When she knew about my trt and my real age, she said it was too late for her, she would stay... LOL. Now I am fixing my protocol for fertility, we are looking for a baby.

xcpatr922

Same for me. I'm 53 years old, but after 5 years on TRT, I look younger than 53, more manly, more energy, more sexy. I don't say that, it is my 29 years old wife who felt in love with me 2 years ago by mistake, thinking I was younger. When she knew about my trt and my real age, she said it was too late for her, she would stay... LOL. Now I am fixing my protocol for fertility, we are looking for a baby.

5 years ago, just walking 1 mile is very difficult for me. That's when I'm 80 lbs heavier.
Then Keto. Losing 80lbs in 7 months. And I can do everything. But I still have no muscle. No TRT yet. Energy wise I consider 6 out of 10. I can exercise but tired easily. I did lot of experiments with blood sugar, food,etc in time being.

I had heart disease in the middle of these. Got 5 stents in RCA but not surprising as my CAC score is high but only in one artery.

Did TRT mid of last year. Learn it slowly but the best advice is from this website. Now my body fat reduces significantly and some other diseases seems gone away too (better insulin sensitivity,asthma , phrenic injury). I gain muscle with even less training. These days I can so swimming, soccer and long mile road biking without too much tiredness. Energy wise I consider 8 out 10.

If I have TRT 10 years ago I may never had heart disease.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me