TRT and Glucose Drop

Buy Lab Tests Online
I just had a physical and was happy to find that my blood sugar levels dropped significantly. For the past five or so years my levels have hovered around 100 or so, sometimes high sometimes just in range. My diet has been clean for years, still getting the same reading with a variation of approximately 5 points. Nothing more defeating than to be labeled "pre-diabetic," when you eat clean and workout hard daily.

Just got got my bloodwork back from a physical and total was 71! Only change over past year was TRT. I read this was possible, but this is pretty amazing. Makes me wonder why more doctors don't prescribe it for guys in their 60s who are in the low range.

Anybody got any similar experiences they weren't expecting?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
I just had a physical and was happy to find that my blood sugar levels dropped significantly. For the past five or so years my levels have hovered around 100 or so, sometimes high sometimes just in range. My diet has been clean for years, still getting the same reading with a variation of approximately 5 points. Nothing more defeating than to be labeled "pre-diabetic," when you eat clean and workout hard daily.

Just got got my bloodwork back from a physical and total was 71! Only change over past year was TRT. I read this was possible, but this is pretty amazing. Makes me wonder why more doctors don't prescribe it for guys in their 60s who are in the low range.

Testosterone is known to lower insulin resistance and improve fasting blood glucose.

Actually it's so effective there's a warning on testosterone products for diabetics about hypoglycemia, because their medicine may be too strong after a few months of TRT.

Glad to hear things improved!

Overall, more and more research shows that testosterone will improve many many things, such as this, inflammation, chronic pain, and also just overall health assuming you're on a reasonable protocol that is dialed in.

Do you know why, I never heard. Not getting A1c check with a person over 60 and past history of high glucose.

The highest it ever was 107. When I was at 101 the doctor said we would "keep an eye on it." I worked real hard on the diet, cutting back on sugar, substituting vegetables for fruits and water for fruit juices and still only got down to 98. Never needed any meds though.

I think the emphaisis on tests is sometimes a scam for labs to make more money. At one time the cut off was actually 120, but it was lowered to 100. Big pharma may have had something to do with it.

It it just amazes me that more guys over 60 aren't on TRT.

Vince

Super Moderator
I think the A1c test is better than the fasting glucose. Back a few years ago the A1C test was not that popular, but they learned a lot since then. Many doctors today believe that high glucose is worse than high LDL cholesterol.

I think the A1c test is better than the fasting glucose. Back a few years ago the A1C test was not that popular, but they learned a lot since then. Many doctors today believe that high glucose is worse than high LDL cholesterol.

Yeah, it seems that cholesterol is not as demonized as much as it once was. All that low fat, no meat nonsense is, thankfully, a thing of the past.

CSI007

The so called "experts" keep changing the rules with diabetes. What is now considered diabetic was once considered normal. Some times I wonder. I have worked super hard to lower my FBG and A1C an diet had little effect. Maybe what they consider pre-diabetes for one person may not be for another.

MM, congratulations. That's a huge drop, I'm sure your diet helps a lot. What's your A1c.

Just found the a1c on a test done by another exam last week. It was 5.7 with reference range of 3.8-6.0. Not sure what this means, but I'd assume it is pretty good. The regular test was part of a physical and the a1c was ordered by the TRT clinic, and taken unfasted.

CoastWatcher

Just found the a1c on a test done by another exam last week. It was 5.7 with reference range of 3.8-6.0. Not sure what this means, but I'd assume it is pretty good. The regular test was part of a physical and the a1c was ordered by the TRT clinic, and taken unfasted.
The A1c does not have to drawn when fasting. Quest, LabCorp, and the Mayo Clinic indicate that a value of 5.7 is the threshold marker for prediabetes and urge attention be paid to diet and lifestyle. These ranges have been tightened and in isolation seem to provoke more questions than answers. I was urged to be more aggressive at 5.6, others were told to relax at 5.7.

The A1c does not have to drawn when fasting. Quest, LabCorp, and the Mayo Clinic indicate that a value of 5.7 is the threshold marker for prediabetes and urge attention be paid to diet and lifestyle. These ranges have been tightened and in isolation seem to provoke more questions than answers. I was urged to be more aggressive at 5.6, others were told to relax at 5.7.

Thanks for the heads up Coast Watcher.

Mountain Man, two years ago my A1c had reached a peak of 6.4. The Dr (my GP) had determinined it was due from being on Lipitor for over 15 years. I ended up doing a lot of research on the Cholesterol Myth and statin drugs, I told my GP that I now have a real problem with the high A1c instead of "myth" problem with cholesterol. I told him I will no longer treat "high cholesterol" and I need to find a solution for my high A1c. The research brought me to TRT, within the first 8 weeks my A1c went from 6.4 to 5.9. It is now consistently in the 5.7 to 5.8 range. The TRT worked unbelievably for glucose intolerance.

Mountain Man, two years ago my A1c had reached a peak of 6.4. The Dr (my GP) had determinined it was due from being on Lipitor for over 15 years. I ended up doing a lot of research on the Cholesterol Myth and statin drugs, I told my GP that I now have a real problem with the high A1c instead of "myth" problem with cholesterol. I told him I will no longer treat "high cholesterol" and I need to find a solution for my high A1c. The research brought me to TRT, within the first 8 weeks my A1c went from 6.4 to 5.9. It is now consistently in the 5.7 to 5.8 range. The TRT worked unbelievably for glucose intolerance.

My cholesterol was 207, and the reference range went up to 280. !0 years ago a 207 was considered high cholesterol, but today is considered comfortably within normal limits.

I guess it all depends which "flavor of the month" medication is being promoted by big pharma.

In any case, my numbers are good and I haven't been doing this well in over 20 years.

Vince

Super Moderator
My cholesterol was 207, and the reference range went up to 280. !0 years ago a 207 was considered high cholesterol, but today is considered comfortably within normal limits.

I guess it all depends which "flavor of the month" medication is being promoted by big pharma.

In any case, my numbers are good and I haven't been doing this well in over 20 years.

We found out it's the dense particles, of HDL and LDL that causes the inflammatory, that causes plaque growth in the arteries. That's why doctors check the particles numbers and size, not just that total.

Helboi

I had a significant drop in mine, but I'd attribute it to a combo of diet, TRT and the high dose cinnamon supplement I take daily.

fjc1960

Aic

I just joined the forum after reading your post. I'm 58 and my A1C and fasting blood sugar levels have been slowly creeping up. I've considered TRT for several years now as my battle to maintain muscle mass is slowly being lost to age. I've just recently read that TRT can help with insulin resistance and lowering of A1C. How long have you been on TRT? Has your A1C dropped as well? By the way I'm also from New Hampshire. Thanks!

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me