TRT and desensitization to stimulants

Buy Lab Tests Online

BillyJ03z

Has anyone noticed that while on TRT they have become less responsive to stimulants? during my 11 plus years on TRT, I have become almost immune to any kind of stimulant. I never abused any stims either, I just feel like I got more desensitized. I guess it coincides with my depression and lack of motivation to do anything. I'm wondering if starting TRT disrupted my Neuro pathway, etc..

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

BillyJ03z

You referring to caffeine ephedra or illicit
Ma Huang/ephedra, caffeine, etc.... Modafinil worked for about 2 weeks and then stopped... I even tried my friends childs adderall and it did nothing for me.... I don't use illicit drugs stimulants and I never abused regular CNS stims either.

Vince

Super Moderator
Has anyone noticed that while on TRT they have become less responsive to stimulants? during my 11 plus years on TRT, I have become almost immune to any kind of stimulant. I never abused any stims either, I just feel like I got more desensitized. I guess it coincides with my depression and lack of motivation to do anything. I'm wondering if starting TRT disrupted my Neuro pathway, etc..
No, I have not become less responsive to stimulants.

I have read though that high levels of testosterone make you less sensitive to pain.

Rabbit91476

I might believe the pain thing. Don’t know how many times I’ve banged into something and barely felt it. They end up with a huge bruise Except for my low back pain

BillyJ03z

Why do you need stimulants? Feeling lethargic? I have liked low-dose Clen, even though I realize there are risks.
Stims give CNS stimulation which makes me feel motivated to work out.... Clen seemed to give me energy but did nothing for CNS stimulaiton.

TorontoTRT

I can second this theory. I can pop 64 mg ephedrine a day and barely feel anything. And that’s on top of 600 mg caffeine. On the flip side trt seems to keep THC tolerance at bay.

captain_j

I have been on TRT for 2.5 years now, and I also notice the same thing. I actually just thought of this today. I haven't been drinking much coffee in the last 2-3 months, but just started having cups recently so I should be wired off it, but I barely feel anything from it now. I would also say that any euphoria induced from the stimulants is also greatly reduced, if not almost entirely eliminated. It's actually a little concerning, since it may indicate either adrenal fatigue or perhaps some sort of neurotransmitter receptor downregulation. I also even notice in general that I don't get as excited about things as I once did. I am going to play around with my protocol here replacing some of my daily test cyp with test prop to try and invoke some fluctuations to give the androgen receptors a break on a regular basis. I'm starting to wonder if keeping testosterone levels sky high 24/7 with daily injections of cypionate is a good thing or a bad thing for overall wellbeing.

Systemlord

Has anyone noticed that while on TRT they have become less responsive to stimulants?
You may have more natural energy to where stimulates have less effect because you're not operating at an energy deficit.

I'm wondering if starting TRT disrupted my Neuro pathway, etc..
TRT increases the release of dopamine, responsive for pleasure. It's definitely possible for TRT to affect other brain hormones via shutting down the HPTA.

locutus

no effects T to stimulants. modafinil works wonders for me (stay away from aurobindo generic maker). the key is to take it 2-3x a week otherwise your tolerance will shoot up.
amphetamine type stimulants will cause serious mental s/x long term.
you need to sleep / eat well, work out etc....then stimulants can work properly, can't make up for it
depression is usually psychosomatic in nature, not physical

nodoctor

Stims give CNS stimulation which makes me feel motivated to work out.... Clen seemed to give me energy but did nothing for CNS stimulaiton.
Thanks. That's so interesting. I haven't really been adequately thinking about the difference between energy sources and CNS stimulation. I'm usually pretty motivated to work out and try to think about how I look fat vs ripped to highlight why I should miss a work out. Ephedrine your favorite stim Billy? Or do you have one? I've haven't dabbled much which means lots of research and some experimentation to see what's right for me, so I'd love a point in the right direction please.

BillyJ03z

Thanks. That's so interesting. I haven't really been adequately thinking about the difference between energy sources and CNS stimulation. I'm usually pretty motivated to work out and try to think about how I look fat vs ripped to highlight why I should miss a work out. Ephedrine your favorite stim Billy? Or do you have one? I've haven't dabbled much which means lots of research and some experimentation to see what's right for me, so I'd love a point in the right direction please.
To be Honest with you.... the best advice I could give you is to stay away from any type of CNS stimulant, especially if you already have good motivation. CNS stimulants are amazing for powering through workouts at full capacity and giving you that extra kick when you are not at peak prior/during a workout, but they also become psychologically addicting as you start to feel you need that CNS stimulant prior to every workout because it makes you feel so great. My favorite CNS stim back in the day was the original Ripped Fuel, Xenadrine, Yellow Jackets, VPX redline that contained Ma Huang (the real ephedra) which gave incredible "god like" physical energy and mental motivation. Then the FDA banned ma huang and everyone has been chasing the next best thing. Caffeine is a great mild CNS stimulant if you need a little boost. Some people claim they get a decent boost from ephedrine (bronkaid). Stay away from Modafinil as it will mess with your sleep.

WhatSayYou89

Yup I noticed this right around when the honey moon phase of trt wore off. My adderall no longer have me that mental drive to do anything.

I came off trt and everything went back to normal. Fast forward a year later and I’m back on trt and adderall is back to not doing much.

I’m one of those who loses his libido on trt despite perfect bloodwork. So yeah trt does something mentally that removes stimulation which includes sex drive.

This is one of the key components of trt that is still not figured out. Hopefully there are ongoing studies in trt research that may have this factor figured out in my lifetime.

DixieWrecked

Yup I noticed this right around when the honey moon phase of trt wore off. My adderall no longer have me that mental drive to do anything.

I came off trt and everything went back to normal. Fast forward a year later and I’m back on trt and adderall is back to not doing much.

I’m one of those who loses his libido on trt despite perfect bloodwork. So yeah trt does something mentally that removes stimulation which includes sex drive.

This is one of the key components of trt that is still not figured out. Hopefully there are ongoing studies in trt research that may have this factor figured out in my lifetime.
you tried backfiling fill pregnenolone? I notice the same thing with TRT. I probably have less energy. Weird.

WhatSayYou89

you tried backfiling fill pregnenolone? I notice the same thing with TRT. I probably have less energy. Weird.
Yeah pregnelone/DHEA, hcg. I sort of feel the benefit shortly with hcg before everything goes to hell with estrogen. So now I’m trying to add stuff like Primobolan and non-conventional trt items (at least for here in United States).

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom

Have you ever tried the propionate ester? There's an idea I've been seeing pop up that variation in testosterone levels might be needed for optimal libido.

RE: backfilling, progesterone seems like the most significant casualty of TRT but strangely the focus is all on pregnenolone and DHEA. Progesterone has actual receptors for it while the others don't. Might be worth experimenting with.

WhatSayYou89

Have you ever tried the propionate ester? There's an idea I've been seeing pop up that variation in testosterone levels might be needed for optimal libido.

RE: backfilling, progesterone seems like the most significant casualty of TRT but strangely the focus is all on pregnenolone and DHEA. Progesterone has actual receptors for it while the others don't. Might be worth experimenting with.
Yeah I’ve seen that as well. I didn’t use prop it I tried daily test cream along with the test enth which gave a daily variation but no difference.

I’ve tried all of DHEA, preg, progesterone separately. I’m wondering if adding in one of those while I’m also doing hcg can make a difference.

Like my the hcg is causing the pathway to keep flowing but there isn’t enough of the hormones up stream to actually flow down to make a difference.

I’ve gotten to the point where if I’ve almost given up on libido. If I can go back to having good energy & mental clarity the I’ll consider trt a win. Libido just seems like to difficult if something to nail down for some guys in trt.

I just wish we understood why some guys who have have identical bloodwork have a great libido without anything but testosterone but for others, once the honeymoon phase ends we are stuck with sub-par trt results (at least mentally/libido).

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me