Trouble staying asleep

Buy Lab Tests Online

K.pietera

Hi there ,

I have a hard time sleeping for as long as I remember but it worsened since I quit smoking weed.
I've smoked weed on and off since I was 17 untill 25 ( I am now 30 ) I stopped because I got nasty panic attacks at the end and I've changed my life for the better !

Now I am suffering from bad sleep and I tried so many things but nothing seems to work so I hope someone can help me o the forum. inn 2021 I went to the clinic for a sleep test and they said they did ot found annythinng problematic so no sleep apnea etc but they found that I did not get enough REM sleep.

I will tell you what I tyry to do to 'biohack' my sleep :

• Stop eating 2-3hrs before bedtime
  • Wear red glass bluelight blockers 2hr before bedtime
  • I go to sleep everyday at 23 o'clock and wake up at 7 o'clock ( I am verry strick about it )
  • 2 times a day for 5-10 minnutes I do the 4-7-8 breathing technique
  • 1hr before sleep stop watching tv ( I don't watch tv ever but if I do .. ) and read a book
That I am doing for the last 2 years , and I take the following supplement stack :

1. Melatonin ( I have tried may things like a high(er) dose of 5mg to as little as 0,5mcg, time released ad quick release ) Currently I am tacking 1mg melatonin sublingually 1hr before bed.
  2. Magnesium L-threoate 500mg
  3. Zinc 25mg
  4. apigenin 500mg
  5. Gaba 500mg.
I feel like that helps me to fall asleep but the problem is that I wake up in the middle of the night ( mostly between 2 and 4 ) and I have a verry hard time falling asleep again... I also don't dream much , like 2 times a month I can remember my dreams.

I did train my neck a lot the last 2 years annd that seemed to worsen it. Because I feel like my togue is falling ito my throat or my neck is to heavy when I lay down so it blocks my airway. But like I said they did not saw any sings of sleep apnea in the clinic.

also I am on testosterone therapy for about 4 years now. 100MG a day trough transcrotal cream.

Greetings everybody

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

JmarkH

When you wake up at 2-4 do you get out of bed or just lie there? I too wake from 1-4 but I trained myself to get out of bed, get a drink of water and or use the bathroom even if I don't need it. Then I go straight back to bed. No doing other stuff. I'm back to sleep within a minute and sleep through the night.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
When do you apply your testosterone? Some of us find it helps sleep to have falling and relatively low serum testosterone overnight. In many cases transdermal testosterone produces surprisingly steady levels.

One other thing is to measure serum progesterone. If it's on the low side then you could have leeway for some supplementation. I've found this to be helpful for mood and sleep.

K.pietera

When do you apply your testosterone? Some of us find it helps sleep to have falling and relatively low serum testosterone overnight. In many cases transdermal testosterone produces surprisingly steady levels.

One other thing is to measure serum progesterone. If it's on the low side then you could have leeway for some supplementation. I've found this to be helpful for mood and sleep.
Hi there I apply my transcrotal cream 2 times a day , in the morning and in the evening approx 1-3hrs before sleep.

My progesterone levels are also good in range.

Thanks for the reply !

K.pietera

When you wake up at 2-4 do you get out of bed or just lie there? I too wake from 1-4 but I trained myself to get out of bed, get a drink of water and or use the bathroom even if I don't need it. Then I go straight back to bed. No doing other stuff. I'm back to sleep within a minute and sleep through the night.
Sometimes I get out of bed when I really , really can't sleep and then I do the same as you , get some water and go back to bed but my mind keeps on racing. That is the hardest part when I wake up in the night , it seems like my brain says okay I'm awake let's start a new day ...

sammmy

Too high T levels may act like stimulant and cause insomnia. You are applying the second dose before bed. This is like drinking coffee before bed. The obvious thing to do is to reduce the total dose and try to apply it all in the morning, not near bed time.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me