Trimix injections, Fusion back surgery and Eliquis

Buy Lab Tests Online

Wilson7

Has anyone had any experience with Trimix injections while on Eliquis? Had a DVT following lumbar fusion (ALIF) and on Eliquis currently. While ED improved considerably after HOLEP (Sept 22), dealing with major back surgery recovery (March 23) has made the ED worse again. Hematologist wasn't concerned, just perform the injection before the next dosing when blood levels of Eliquis are lower, urologist, "you'll get a penile hematoma". Any real life experiences here? Has to be guys with a-fib on Eliquis that use Trimix.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I have known a few men in your situation.

I am sorry you had to go through spinal fusion. That must be a difficult recovery process.

Yes, you may get a penile hematoma while using Eliquis. Did they tell you when and if you can stop it ?

What pain management are you on ?

Was your fusion anterior ?

Wilson7

Not sure when I can stop it. They said 3 mo but will know more when I get there. Yes anterior hybrid (fused L5/S1 and Prodisc L at L4/L5) on March 21st, they really tear things up on the left side going in and with a tight brace and swelling no surprise I got a DVT with the inflammation. Was on tylenol only day 3 after surgery, haven't needed anything at all for over 2 weeks now but will welcome the Celebrex for my shoulders when cleared. No narcotics, gabapentin or muscle relaxers after I was out of the hospital on Day 3. Hate that stuff. Ran oxandrolone 15 mg script compounded for 2 weeks after surgery, I felt that really helped with surgical recovery, ab muscle and wound healing and appetite along with my HRT. Would have gone 4 weeks but was heavy on tylenol for the first 4 weeks and didn't want the hepatic stress. The back is going well, about an inch taller, resuming ADLs. Xray in 2 weeks and hopefully out of the brace and resume light exercise. Can't do NSAIDs for the first 3 mo bc it interferes with fusion. The recover is a tough one. Right now, the DVT issue, swelling and residual local nerve damage (groin/left adductor area) are the problems, the nerve pain from the compressed nerve roots is gone. Surgery thus far was a success, the secondary BS is what is weighing me down. When the left ankle swells, with the residual drop foot, its is easy to trip. Have fallen twice and have to be very careful.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Thanks for sharing your story. I have been avoiding fusion for years, but left-side sciatica has acted up a few months after my hip replacement. I am terrified about that surgery. Right now, I'm just going for a nerve block, although I know that only delays the obvious. Getting older with spine issues is not fun at all, as you know very well.

For sex, are you okay? (I figured you were asking about Trimix.).

I am sorry to hear about the residual drop foot. I hope that gets better as healing occurs. I have read that it takes up to a year for recovery from anterior fusion.

Like you, my issue is at both the L4/L5 and L5/S1 levels. Two discectomy surgeries in the past. Gladly, cables and machines at the gym have kept me from losing muscle.

My spine is congenitally straight, with no curvature that would help distribute weight. The clinical term for a "straight spine" is usually referred to as "hypokyphosis" or "flatback syndrome". Normally, the human spine has natural curves for shock absorption and balance. These include a mild forward curve in the neck (cervical lordosis), a mild backward curve in the upper back (thoracic kyphosis), and a mild forward curve in the lower back (lumbar lordosis). When these curves are reduced or flattened, it can cause various problems.

Wilson7

Best option is the hybrid (maintains mobility and preserves the discs above) and make sure you find a best of breed neurosurgeon and general surgeon. Yes the recover is a bitch but if you can avoid the DVT and complications, in a year you'll be happy you got it done. I'll let you know about sex after I can move better.

ajax31

Against the advice of three MDs, who said it wouldn’t work and was dangerous for his age, my elderly father had a spinal laminectomy with fusion last year.

He almost died even though there were no complications from the surgery (bleeding, infection, etc).

I had to take him to the ER 10 times with 8 hospital admissions. It wrecked my health dealing with the stress of this I’m still recovering from that ordeal.

Before having any major surgery, think about what it may mean for your family if something goes wrong.

My Dad did recover after a long struggle.

Wilson7

I had 4 consults with different neurosurgeons, all told me fusion was the only option if I wanted to stay out of a wheel chair and in constant pain and the outcome would likely be in my favor. Little choice. I'm a QOL guy, without it I'd rather be dead. I don't fear death, I fear a life without function or quality. Choice was either a bullet in the head or surgery. I figured I'd try surgery, if that didn't work, option B. Wouldn't put my girlfriend or friends through more than the very basics of the first 3 weeks, then mostly on my own. I work at a commercial gym, surrounded by older guys like myself with a survivor QOL mindset. Many have had fusions, they are all still walking and working out. Without, none of them would be. Many different variables have to be weighed before a decision is made, and you are right, think of what this will do to others and consult with them discussing worst case outcomes, it is not just about the patient.

jayt

Has anyone had any experience with Trimix injections while on Eliquis? Had a DVT following lumbar fusion (ALIF) and on Eliquis currently. While ED improved considerably after HOLEP (Sept 22), dealing with major back surgery recovery (March 23) has made the ED worse again. Hematologist wasn't concerned, just perform the injection before the next dosing when blood levels of Eliquis are lower, urologist, "you'll get a penile hematoma". Any real life experiences here? Has to be guys with a-fib on Eliquis that use Trimix.
I take Eliquis 2 times a day.... having been using Trimix for 10 years.... no issue

poweller

I take Eliquis 2 times a day.... having been using Trimix for 10 years.... no issue
Same for me. Eliquis (5mg twice a day) for 5 years. I use bimix 2 or 3 times a week for 3 years and never a problem. I've had one small circular bruise (the size of the tip of the syringe barrel diameter) that lasted 2 or 3 days from pressing too hard.

Dingobaby

Thanks for sharing your story. I have been avoiding fusion for years, but left-side sciatica has acted up a few months after my hip replacement. I am terrified about that surgery. Right now, I'm just going for a nerve block, although I know that only delays the obvious. Getting older with spine issues is not fun at all, as you know very well.

For sex, are you okay? (I figured you were asking about Trimix.).

I am sorry to hear about the residual drop foot. I hope that gets better as healing occurs. I have read that it takes up to a year for recovery from anterior fusion.

Like you, my issue is at both the L4/L5 and L5/S1 levels. Two discectomy surgeries in the past. Gladly, cables and machines at the gym have kept me from losing muscle.

My spine is congenitally straight, with no curvature that would help distribute weight. The clinical term for a "straight spine" is usually referred to as "hypokyphosis" or "flatback syndrome". Normally, the human spine has natural curves for shock absorption and balance. These include a mild forward curve in the neck (cervical lordosis), a mild backward curve in the upper back (thoracic kyphosis), and a mild forward curve in the lower back (lumbar lordosis). When these curves are reduced or flattened, it can cause various problems.
look at a disc replacement; if they can’t do that because of facet problem, this will be approved in 1-2 years: Total Joint Replacement for the Lumbar Spine - 3Spine
and his was just FDA approved, but I believe is in a blackout per before they announce it: Premia Spine

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me