TRIGGER FINGER is OUT OF HAND (no pun intended)

Buy Lab Tests Online

mcs

Prior post:

The warning signs started in 2019. Had first surgery in 2020. Thought it was a one and done. 3 years later and I am plagued with the worst trigger finger and pain in the rest of my digits. Flared up in the last couple weeks. It is really discouraging to see a negative ROI when I'm supposed to gain and not lose when putting in all those years of training – and this is how I am repaid?

If repetitive gripping from regular training is one of the causal factors, then why don't all lifters suffer trigger finger in time?

With the exception of subclinical hypothyroidism (which is now optimal), I have none of the predisposing factors (female, gout, rheumatoid arthritis, T2D).

Eventually I will need release surgery on almost all fingers on both hands.

Good news is that initial trigger release surgery in 2020 was successful, my range of motion and grip were restored except for a little stiffness when I clench my fist, but there's no pain.

Other observations:
GHRH/GHRP peptides exacerbate trigger finger.

Cortisone injections provided temporary relief but the trigger finger gradually returned

PT exercises do not reverse.

I am taking 77mg P5P daily.

Appreciate any and all input.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I had the same problem years ago. Got cortisone injections and then surgery. Gladly, it has not returned.

I hope you get some relief.

Trigger finger is a condition where a finger or thumb gets stuck in a bent position and then pops back into place[1]. Treatment options depend on the severity of the condition. Initial treatment is usually nonsurgical and may include rest and avoiding activities that make the condition worse[2]. Over-the-counter medications or steroid injections may also be used to alleviate symptoms[1][3][4]. If nonsurgical treatments are not effective, surgery may be necessary to release the tendon sheath[1][4]. A synovectomy may be necessary for people with rheumatoid arthritis[4]. Anti-inflammatory medications or local injections of corticosteroids may also be used to treat the condition[5].

I would somehow find a way to give that hand a rest if you can. Wearing a hand brace at night may help. Not sure if diclofenac would also be an option. I would also look into using MSM supplementation.

Queequeg

Around 2018, both of my thumbs had gotten so bad that I couldn't open tight jar lids, in spite of being fairly strong. All of my fingers on the right hand hurt and the left hand was close behind. Ice gel pac gloves helped a little.
At the same time, I had injured my hip flexor while snowshoeing, and sometimes the pain was intense. I decided to try BPC-157 for the hip and to my surprise, the pain in my fingers went away. I've just noticed à little bit of pain returning in my right thumb in the last month, but it's minor.
Anyway, you might give BPC-157 and/or tb500 à shot. (Pun intended)

Last edited:

mcs

Around 2018, both of my thumbs had gotten so bad that I couldn't open tight jar lids, in spite of being fairly strong. All of my fingers on the right hand hurt and the left hand was close behind. Ice gel pac gloves helped a little.
At the same time, I had injured my hip flexor while snowshoeing, and sometimes the pain was intense. I decided to try BPC-157 for the hip and to my surprise, the pain in my fingers went away. I've just noticed à little bit of pain returning in my right thumb in the last month, but it's minor.
Anyway, you might give BPC-157 and/or tb500 à shot. (Pun intended)
Thanks, but have already been using those peps and then some. No change.

Fortunate

On occasion, an injection can totally resolve your symptoms. If not, trigger finger release is a quick recovery and will solve the problem.

mcs

On occasion, an injection can totally resolve your symptoms. If not, trigger finger release is a quick recovery and will solve the problem.
Already tried a few times and didn't work, so release is only option at this point. Just don't know why it happens in my case and I don't see any other lifters who been training for decades getting this problem.

mcs

I had the same problem years ago. Got cortisone injections and then surgery. Gladly, it has not returned.
Nelson - for the surgery, do you recall if you had open release surgery in which you had stitches - or percutaneous release which is minimally-invasive, ultrasound-guided and without stitches? How long was the post-op pain and recovery time?

Fortunate

Nelson - for the surgery, do you recall if you had open release surgery in which you had stitches - or percutaneous release which is minimally-invasive, ultrasound-guided and without stitches? How long was the post-op pain and recovery time?
Sorry - I can't answer for Nelson. I'd recommend a standard, open release, which means stitches. The incisions are tiny and it's the safest way to avoid neurovascular structures. High success rate and fairly quick recovery.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me