Trazodone: Common sleep drug is little-known antidepressant

Buy Lab Tests Online

Lynn

Yes they were created for that originally but over the years they are being used for anxiety as well as commonly used for sleep. They do cause ed. Alot of people are unaware of the fact that they are in cold medicines and allergy medicines. They wonder why they have ed.

Lynn

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

modawg2k

Diphenhydramine (Benadryl) is in almost anything.. zzzquil, tylenol pm, cough and cold meds, etc. While I can't find erectile dysfunction listed in the pharmacopeia as a side effect, I can tell you from person experience that it does delay ejaculation. Maybe not a bad thing for 20 year olds looking to last a little longer, but for middle aged men and beyond, that is a problem, on top of urinary retention which is a big one for men with prostate issues.

Vince

Super Moderator
I have been using 50mg of trazodone nightly along with 1mg of melatonin. I sleep okay with zero side effects, still great libido and great sex.

Dr.V.P.C.

I have long life insomnia due to anxiety issues , got worse on trt .
Have tried almost everything from supplements to benzos , quetiapine , zolpidem, trazodone.
Trazodone is a godbless for me , and i use it for 5 years , low dose 50-25mg works great along with low dose melatonin ( 1 mg) + magnesium glicinate 400 mg + agmatine 500mg . I wake rested and active after 6 hours of good sleep. Only drawback is vivid dreams but its always not nightmares , and i actually enjoy it , it´s kind fun ( oddly recently the dreams got frequently more sexual , i think it´s due to nandrolone since before deca this didn´t happens).
Only in overseas plane travels i prefer to get really knocked out with benzos . ( estazolam or midazolam)

Vince

Super Moderator
I have long life insomnia due to anxiety issues , got worse on trt .
Have tried almost everything from supplements to benzos , quetiapine , zolpidem, trazodone.
Trazodone is a godbless for me , and i use it for 5 years , low dose 50-25mg works great along with low dose melatonin ( 1 mg) + magnesium glicinate 400 mg + agmatine 500mg . I wake rested and active after 6 hours of good sleep. Only drawback is vivid dreams but its always not nightmares , and i actually enjoy it , it´s kind fun ( oddly recently the dreams got frequently more sexual , i think it´s due to nandrolone since before deca this didn´t happens).
Only in overseas plane travels i prefer to get really knocked out with benzos . ( estazolam or midazolam)

My primary doctor said she has great success with prescribing Trazodone 50 to 150mg to her patients for sleep. It's nice to know that some of our members are also having success with it.

Gianluca

interesting seeing all comments about Tradozone, my doc rx me a 50mg for sleep, my first question was: does it cause dependency? doc answer "no", then I asked "well what are the side effects then?" longevity, because you sleep deeper, he said. I thought I felt like a kid with candies, although I have learned before that there is no drug that works with no side effects. I have been trying it for few days, I think it works well, and I don't feel anything wrong happening, like if I would take an SSRI, but I don't think I'm planning on using it long term, maybe occasionally or Jet lag related

Last edited:

LerxstM4

I've been on 10mg of Ambien nightly now for about 25 years. My need for a higher dosage has never increased over this period of time and (now that I'm on TRT) wake up every morning with an erection - and I think for most of the time I'm asleep.

The only thing trazadone did for me when I tried it in the late 90's was plug up my sinuses.

I need Ambien 100% of the time to sleep but my sleep is deep and I always wake feeling refreshed.

MarcoFL

I have been doing neurofeedback for years. My doctor treating me has put a lot of fear in me about things like Ambien and others. The brain training has really helped with many aspects of life. I have found melatonin to be the best to help with sound sleep. Lerx, I find it interesting 25 years on Ambient-you look like you are young to have been on that long. any concern of memory issues?

LerxstM4

I have been doing neurofeedback for years. My doctor treating me has put a lot of fear in me about things like Ambien and others. The brain training has really helped with many aspects of life. I have found melatonin to be the best to help with sound sleep. Lerx, I find it interesting 25 years on Ambient-you look like you are young to have been on that long. any concern of memory issues?

No concerns here.

My memory is fine and (other than very low T prior to starting my TRT therapy 6 months ago) I'm a very healthy 49 year old guy.

Dr.V.P.C.

The combination of Trazodone + Melatonin + Magnesium threonate + L Theanine makes me sleep deep and wake great.
Ambien knocks me out fast but wake up tired.
Always screen for obstructive sleep apnea (I use an oral device to get my jaw forward)

sammmy

I've been on 10mg of Ambien nightly now for about 25 years.

I take generic Zolpidem (Ambien) 12.5mg slow release. My problem with it is that I wake up too early around 6 am (go to bed around midnight), do not feel I got enough sleep, and then cannot fall back asleep. The generic is made by Lupin (Indian manufacturer of generics) but the formulation is wrong because it doesn't release the drug properly - I have to chew the pill or it won't work at all. However, I had the same problem of too short sleep with other manufacturers. All of these drugs by the way are obtained by prescription at an US pharmacy.

In terms of side effects, Zolpidem does not affect my memory or sexuality. Trazodone has an instant and marked negative effect on my ability to reach orgasm (messes with neurotransmitters).

Last edited:

Vince

Super Moderator
I take generic Zolpidem (Ambien) 12.5mg slow release. My problem with it is that I wake up too early around 6 am (go to bed around midnight), do not feel I got enough sleep, and then cannot fall back asleep. The generic is made by Lupin (Indian manufacturer of generics) but the formulation is wrong because it doesn't release the drug properly - I have to chew the pill or it won't work at all. However, I had the same problem of too short sleep with other manufacturers. All of these drugs by the way are obtained by prescription at an US pharmacy.

In terms of side effects, Zolpidem does not affect my memory or sexuality. Trazodone has an instant and marked negative effect on my ability to reach orgasm (messes with neurotransmitters).
How often do use Zolpidem and when you do, do you sleep eight hours question

Gianluca

thanks for the feedback, I have not seen any negative effect on libido or orgasm, I'm using it on and off, just when I have trouble falling asleep

mmmcgill

What are the top prescribed drugs for insomnia—Ambien?Lunesta? Yes, but there's another: a three-decade-old generic antidepressantcalled trazodone, which causes drowsiness as a potentially useful side effect. A recent U.S. study in the journal Sleep found it to be one of most commonly used medications to treat sleeplessness.

Should You Take Trazodone for Insomnia?
I have several patients on Trazodone 100mg and then I'll put a topper on like hydroxyzine 25 or the 50 mg to help them get to sleep and stay asleep and for many it works. I do not prescribe men more than a 150 mg of Trazodone because I've seen a number of cases of priapism and I want to avoid that.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me