Total testosterone MS and Nandrolone

Buy Lab Tests Online

Gman86

Is Total T MS panel specific enough to recognize a testosterone molecule from a nandrolone molecule?

I know the standard non sensitive Total T panel can’t differentiate test and nandrolone and will add them together, and the Total T LC/MS/MS panel is specific enough to know the difference and won’t add them together, but does anyone know if the Total T MS panel is specific enough to know the difference, or will it add them together?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
T

tareload

Start here and read down. Amount of interference nandrolone will present on an ECLIA TT assay depends on the manufacturer and which assay:

Notice the reported interference varies widely between the Roche and Abbott ECLIA TT assays (updated table below):
1618589517385.png

An LC-MS/MS TT assay done correctly will physically separate the nandrolone from testosterone and hence won't suffer from nandrolone interference.

Gman86

Start here and read down. Amount of interference nandrolone will present on an ECLIA TT assay depends on the manufacturer and which assay:

Notice the reported interference varies widely between the Roche and Abbott ECLIA TT assays (updated table below):
View attachment 13694

An LC-MS/MS TT assay done correctly will physically separate the nandrolone from testosterone and hence won't suffer from nandrolone interference.

what’s ur opinion on Mass spectrometry tho, do u think it’s sensitive enough to separate the nandrolone from testosterone like LC/MS/MS does?

T

tareload

what’s ur opinion on Mass spectrometry tho, do u think it’s sensitive enough to separate the nandrolone from testosterone like LC/MS/MS does?
Short answer, no without separation and sometimes derivatization of the compounds you wouldn't have the selectivity.

In the case of LC-MS/MS you would be using chromatography (typically HPLC) to separate the hormones and then Mass SpecX2 to selectively identify and quantify them based on their mass-to-charge ratio and product ion counts (using electron multiplier). Please see the link I shared above on LC-MS/MS and example chromatogram below:

If you are referring to this assay:

1618598107888.png

It's not just MS but actually chromatography combined with MS. No accredited/commercial lab uses just MS to quantify testosterone. You wouldn't want to use MS by itself since the mass spectra of testosterone and nandrolone (and a bunch of other steroids) are overlapping:

Of course the assumption is the lab is using chromatography correctly to properly resolve testosterone from all other sex steroids/hormones in the matrix (see example HPLC column above).

Last edited by a moderator:

Gman86

Was talking with a guy in one of the fb groups about this and he added nandrolone to his protocol a while back and had the MS total test panel done through quest diagnostics. Here’s the test that quest offers that I found on their website. It’s the same test he had done I assume.

Here’s our convo about it. What’s ur take on this? Looks to me the MS panel from quest was able to decipher testosterone from nandrolone. Either that or his nandrolone is no good. Because even tho he lowered his test dose from 180mg to 140mg, he added in 70mg of nandrolone. So if the MS panel wasn’t able to to tell the difference between test and nandrolone, and added them both together, his total T level should be higher than what it’s currently at, and should technically be higher than when he was on 180mg of test alone. He’s currently now on 210mg of total androgens vs 180mg of total androgens when on test by itself. His nandrolone is from Empower btw. So it has to be real obv. What do u make of these results?
194F30EF-87BE-4C10-AB2A-F74CF309E00C.jpeg
6487C4A5-E6F5-42B2-990A-B22B1DF5C709.jpeg
EB1D8DA8-C145-4EC9-9CCB-814145601C37.jpeg

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com