Torn pec best recovery protocol

Buy Lab Tests Online

gaz7718

Trained chest on Sunday. Always do dumbbell press on flat bench for several years since barbell work wreaked havoc on my elbows.

42.5kg warm up felt a twinge in the right pec but thought it was just warming up. Moved to 57.5kg and felt ok, then to 67.5kg for only the third time in the past year and third rep and a shuddering horrible tearing noise. Saw surgeon today two days after and MRI booked for Thursday and then see consultant for results and surgery plan. Essentially if it’s tendon to bone tear or tendon to tendon then surgery will be within 2-3 weeks being the earliest opportunity. If it’s muscle to tendon then it will be a bit later to allow scar tissue to form on the muscle.

mom already thinking post surgery what kind of supplement/TRT protocol is likely to yield the fastest return to full gym activity. Indications are it will be 3-6 months but if I can shorten that by a couple of months by doing everything right then I’d like to consider that.

Attachments

• 8EE2230F-556B-4AFD-94AD-D7FAAA2B0B0F.jpeg
    8EE2230F-556B-4AFD-94AD-D7FAAA2B0B0F.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 50
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

jmjmjm

I had a pec tear repair. You will probably be back at the gym at around 60% 6 months from now (can’t remember.) Full recovery, 6 - 12 months.
the recovery takes time as the chances of a re-tear are high for the first few months. You will be extremely happy to get surgery early into the process.
It sounds like it is moving well for you. It used to be difficult to find surgeons that would operate on a tendon to tendon scenario, so it sounds like you have a good dr. Most rehab protocols are pretty similar.. some light bands exercises for the first few months after surgery. Good luck!

gaz7718

Thanks. How long did you wait for your surgery and what did you do in the waiting space?
I’d like to keep training but focus on legs, calves and any upper body movement that doesn’t use pec.
Not looking forward to the first week or two post surgery but I know it’s just something you need to get through.
Did you maintain TRT throughout?

SSHSSA74

Trained chest on Sunday. Always do dumbbell press on flat bench for several years since barbell work wreaked havoc on my elbows.

42.5kg warm up felt a twinge in the right pec but thought it was just warming up. Moved to 57.5kg and felt ok, then to 67.5kg for only the third time in the past year and third rep and a shuddering horrible tearing noise. Saw surgeon today two days after and MRI booked for Thursday and then see consultant for results and surgery plan. Essentially if it’s tendon to bone tear or tendon to tendon then surgery will be within 2-3 weeks being the earliest opportunity. If it’s muscle to tendon then it will be a bit later to allow scar tissue to form on the muscle.

mom already thinking post surgery what kind of supplement/TRT protocol is likely to yield the fastest return to full gym activity. Indications are it will be 3-6 months but if I can shorten that by a couple of months by doing everything right then I’d like to consider that.
I did that to my left pec about 25 years ago. Never got it repaired. Wish I had. still doesn't look right and not as strong as it was.

jmjmjm

Thanks. How long did you wait for your surgery and what did you do in the waiting space?
I’d like to keep training but focus on legs, calves and any upper body movement that doesn’t use pec.
Not looking forward to the first week or two post surgery but I know it’s just something you need to get through.
Did you maintain TRT throughout?
I think my surgery was 10 weeks in.
You don’t want it to be passed 12 - 16 weeks, as the tendon retracts, so they can t use your own tendon (they can always use a “cadaver”, but your own tendon is probably best.) it may be different now a days.

I did not mantain TRT. But in hindsight, I would have kept going.

the arm is useless for the first 6 weeks.
I just trained legs and cardio to maintain the weight.
I know it sucks because it is finally summer and things are opening up, but if you are someone that always worked out, you will bounce back quickly after your rehab. So don’t get bugged down by the changes for the first couple of months, once you get going everything comes back fairly quickly!

if for any reason your dr doesn’t want to proceed with surgery (eg “you can’t sow tendon to tendon”,) just find a new surgeon.
Everyone’s experience is different, but hope you have a smooth right ahead

gaz7718

Well looks like I might be under the knife next Thursday 27th May so that would be less than 2 weeks after the tear.
Definitely not looking for to the first few weeks post op but I’ve had a couple of shoulder surgeries so have some idea what to prepare for.
My surgeon is pretty cool with whatever repair is necessary. He’s the best in the locality and well known in the field.
trained 37 years consistently so hope I can keep that going after the several weeks break post surgery.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
@gaz7718

Good luck, man. I know two of my friends who had torn pecs and they recovered well and back to the gym in a few months. Most kept working out their lower body and that really kept them staying in shape (and sane).

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Here is someone sharing their torn bicep story

gaz7718

@gaz7718

Good luck, man. I know two of my friends who had torn pecs and they recovered well and back to the gym in a few months. Most kept working out their lower body and that really kept them staying in shape (and sane).
Thanks Nelson. I think that’s a great idea. Doing some training makes a huge difference in retaining strength and muscle and gives me a chance to build a bit more cardiovascular fitness too.

gaz7718

surgery took place 27 May as planned. 90 minutes in the theatre and felt pretty sick the rest of the day. Was told it went well although was tricky as the CH muscle that overlaps the pec major was still in tact.
2 days later and still pretty sore and minimal movement. Any hope of getting back to the gym for leg work is still a little way off.
Added rejuven to my supplement regime which includes BPC 157.
one day at a time, although it’s not easy when there’s so much you cannot do like picking up your 7 month daughter when she wants cuddle time.
Next goal is to get to the gym for some bike and leg isolation work within 5 days and start very basic assisted ROM work and be able to drop the codene from the painkiller list.

jmjmjm

surgery took place 27 May as planned. 90 minutes in the theatre and felt pretty sick the rest of the day. Was told it went well although was tricky as the CH muscle that overlaps the pec major was still in tact.
2 days later and still pretty sore and minimal movement. Any hope of getting back to the gym for leg work is still a little way off.
one day at a time, although it’s not easy when there’s so much you cannot do like picking up your 7 month daughter when she wants cuddle time.
Next goal is to get to the gym for some bike and leg isolation work within 5 days and start very basic assisted ROM work and be able to drop the codene from the painkiller list.
Good to hear that things are coming along nicely. Wishing you a speedy recovery

Vince

Super Moderator
Take it slow, it's a pain at first. But if you let it heal, you're going to be really happy.

gaz7718

9 days now post surgery. Trained legs 3 times since surgery and it really helps to keep active and recognise tiny amounts of progress each day. Completely without sleeve now and doing some very basic mobility work.
was thinking about whether to return to low dose EOD 18ml of Deca after a 2 month break but can’t seem to find clear data whether it would help or hinder the tendon repair.

Vince

Super Moderator
9 days now post surgery. Trained legs 3 times since surgery and it really helps to keep active and recognise tiny amounts of progress each day. Completely without sleeve now and doing some very basic mobility work.
was thinking about whether to return to low dose EOD 18ml of Deca after a 2 month break but can’t seem to find clear data whether it would help or hinder the tendon repair.
If you feel good on nandrolone, it won't hurt to try it. I'm sure it will help in your recovery.

Warrior

tore my pec 20yrs ago, not a tendon tear but pec tear that cant be fixed. as a trainer for a living the return is slow and steady, just like I teach. stretch, massage (scar tissue) band work are all helpful. each week adding in more upper body work in. NO flat benching for me till this day.

Bubbs

I've torn my bicep and my quad but never a pec

Honestly I think it's better to do higher reps, preferably paused and slow with dumbbells. I try to do 3 worksets of 15-20 with the 100s and very rarely go higher unless I'm doing a floor press (which has reduced ROM and I use a more elbows in position)

Dumbbells aren't that safe when the reps get low. Good luck on the recovery!

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me