topical vs injections

Buy Lab Tests Online
I catch little glimpses of folks saying there are some clear benefits to topical daily so I wanted to see thoughts. Ignoring the things like transference or convenience and focusing on strictly HOW YOU FEEL , what do you think wins out?

Personally I don't feel great on injections. Perhaps I felt better on creams because it actually boosted my DHT. Also maybe the way it mimics the daily production of T is a benefit. I am thinking of switching back.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
If it works for you, then definitely run with it. I tried the AndroGel in the very beginning for 5 months or so, but I started getting some strange, negative reactions from it. I went the injection route and never looked back. Granted, I've implemented HCG along the way, changed the protocol up over the years more times than I can remember, and find myself running SubQ 80% to 90% of the time, except when trying to increase E2 a bit, then IM is not as frequent (1x/wk).

Cooper

I was on gels for about a year and then switched to injections mainly because, though I felt good on gels, I also read on many forums how injections are better than gels. I have now been on injections for about a year and a half and while my numbers are certainly better on injections I really believe I felt better on gels - more energy, better libido and actually developed more lean muscle on gels while I seem to have actually gained more body fat on injections.

Thanks. I have been back on the cream for about 1.5 weeks now and I have had much more frequent erections and I think some of my water retention has gone down. Time will tell.

Cooper

I am interested in seeing how this works for you as I am also considering switching from injections back to gels which is something you don't hear about much on these types of forums. Please keep us updated if you don't mind.

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
Transdermals are the best way for exogenous Testosterone replacement IF (and that's a big if) the man absorbs well...unfortunately, many don't.

TD's are good as the small daily dose does not increase aromatase synthesis so increased E2 levels and the need for an AI are not usually needed or a problem.

Conversion to higher levels of DHT is seen and this is good for stronger libido and better erection quality.

The downsides are what we know; needs to applied every single day, transference concerns, poor absorption equating to lower serum levels, expensive...

cocarr

I am really glad you posted this "getting answers". I would like to keep this thread going.

I have been really "wishy washy" so to speak about this whole process. I am fairly young and erections are not a problem whatsoever. My "urge/desire" however is super low and I had no energy which prompted my initial request for labs. Based on Dr. Crislers' testosterone paper I felt like starting with the gel was the least invasive way to go and the benefits (if it worked) seemed great.

Fast forward 6 weeks with absolutely 0 change in how I felt and I was ready to scrap the gel and move on to the shots. I made an appt. with my Dr. last thursday with the full intention of switching to injections. I ended up opting to double my dose from 2.5-5 and I hope that makes some difference. I feel like the dose is still too low but my Dr. made a good point that doubling the dose was enough at one time.

I am curious what dosage you other "gel users" are at? Like I said I just started 5g today and I apply half to each sholder and wipe the remaining left on my hands onto my abdomen before washing them.

Gene physiologically is the only reason that E mirroring T not as much of an issue with the gels because of the low dose or does it have to do with how it is distributed in the system?
Would the gel potentially cause better T to E ratios for individuals who do absorb it well?

I am dead set on adding HCG to the regiment but if I could avoid adding another med to the mix like Arimidex that would make me feel better.

Last edited:
I am on a compounded cream. My precious dose was 50mg but my doctor is in line with the thinking in this article

http://www.zrtlab.com/blog/entry/testosterone-elixir-or-dangerous-drug

Therefore, this time we switched me to 10mg a day. For two weeks I have been waking with and getting erections a bunch. I don't remember that happening on the higher dose or on injections.

Bear in mind that not many agree with that article but based on my past lab work and limited experience it seems to make sense to me. My doctor is also very knowledgeable and isn't "just the president but also a client". Ie he himself has tried all the different trt strategies because he needs it and also because he wants to know what works.

HarryCat

@gettinganswers

So the 10mg you are using now, how are you applying it? Is it a 1% testosterone cream that you are applying 1ml of per day? If it works for you great, but that seems like a awfully low dose for most.

It is compounded 10mg per ml. I apply partial to scrotum and the rest elsewhere. This dose is the trial to see how it goes. The line of thinking with my doc is that absorption is much closer to 90% versus 10%. With that said I think men normally produce 7mg a day so a dose of 10 should be close. Of course if the line of thinking doesn't hold true then the dose will be going up lol

cocarr

Strange how the dosages differ. My androgel is 5gm (5000 mg).

I really hope moving from the 2.5 to 5 makes some sort of noticeable difference in how I feel. Just want to get this right and move forward.

OMI100

My 2 cents...

Started on Axiron. 2 pumps ...
Worked well but DR. had no idea on TRT so changed DR.
Co-pay would have eat me up at some point.
Found a good DR....
Compounded "T" cream. Started at 5% then we went to 7.5% and then to 10%.
"T" now runs in the 700 to 800 range.
Using 1 ml (gram) per day at 10%. That is about a 1/4 to 1/3 teaspoon.
Apply under my arms. A bit under each arm.
Injections are out of the question. Wife would freak if I was shooting up a few times a week:)
Had been getting the compounded "T" from my insurance (BC/BS, CareMark). Getting a good price.
BC/BS, CareMark has gone crazy and now you need a letter from the Pope to get it. A LOT of hoop jumping:(
Got the DR to send a script tp Empower. Good price. No problems. Cheaper that BC/BS.
Empower has a standard 20% componded "T" cream so now I will use 1/2 mil per day.
First order will be here in a few days so I will be using it then.
Will do labs in a month and see if my levels stay where they are at on the NEW script.
Compounded "T" cream has worked for me.
Thats my story and I am sticking to it:)

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
My 2 cents...

Started on Axiron. 2 pumps ...
Worked well but DR. had no idea on TRT so changed DR.
Co-pay would have eat me up at some point.
Found a good DR....
Compounded "T" cream. Started at 5% then we went to 7.5% and then to 10%.
"T" now runs in the 700 to 800 range.
Using 1 ml (gram) per day at 10%. That is about a 1/4 to 1/3 teaspoon.
Apply under my arms. A bit under each arm.
Injections are out of the question. Wife would freak if I was shooting up a few times a week:)
Had been getting the compounded "T" from my insurance (BC/BS, CareMark). Getting a good price.
BC/BS, CareMark has gone crazy and now you need a letter from the Pope to get it. A LOT of hoop jumping:(
Got the DR to send a script tp Empower. Good price. No problems. Cheaper that BC/BS.
Empower has a standard 20% componded "T" cream so now I will use 1/2 mil per day.
First order will be here in a few days so I will be using it then.
Will do labs in a month and see if my levels stay where they are at on the NEW script.
Compounded "T" cream has worked for me.
Thats my story and I am sticking to it:)

Now that's a post; clear, concise and to the point.

And glade to see you responding well to the transdermal.

I am hoping this is a "gel" and not a "cream".

Are you on HCG?

If not, you should be for many reasons.

I did compounded T-Gel for about 6 months. First it worked ok but very soon numbers and symptoms worsened. I increased dosage and frequency twice per day!!

Ultimately even at higher levels and frequent numbers sucked.

Moved to sub-q injections EOD and never looked back.

Big fan of low dose high frequency t-cyp and HCG sub-q. Almost 2 years now. Working well even with low SHBG and being a hyper excreter of all drugs

Orrin.

Needles are no big deal...l.wife needs to game up on that one should it become necessary. No different if you became diabetic

Gene is correct. HCG is a necessity

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
Gene,

Have no idea if it is a gel or cream.
The stuff from BC/BS CareMark came in 10ml syringes with gradation from 1ml to 10ml.
White base that worked into the skin leaving no scum.
EmpowerRx: http://www.empowerrxpharmacy.com/drugs/testosterone-cream.html
Will see this week :)
Not on HCG. "Injections are out of the question. Wife would freak if I was shooting up a few times a week:)"

If you are HPTA suppressed, and you are, you really need HCG.

Why not just inject in private and be done with it?

She doesn't have to see you do it and she'd have no idea.

A small insulin injection is as easy as it gets.

Go to the forum on HCG here and read why you need it.

Yeah I keep the needles hidden, grab the little box from the fridge and head into the bathroom. Not because of the stigma, but just cause the kids don't need to watch. She would never have to know and your health and we'll being is more important.

HarryCat

Not because of the stigma, but just cause the kids don't need to watch.

Funny, my 9 year old son was the first one in my family to start an injected medication (VitB12), then my wife started B12 injections, now I'm on test. cyp. and B12 injections. We fill up one of those small sharps containers pretty quick. :D

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me