Topical minoxidil fortified with finasteride

Buy Lab Tests Online

StillPushin

I’ve read the older threads on this subject but would like a little more insight from you guys. I went to the dermatologist today presenting with thinning hair on my crown. After reading all of the studies I could find regarding Propecia—the oral form of the drug—I realized that the pill wasn’t for me. My wife and I are trying to get pregnant and I have no time for the side effects from the pill. I read the study about the topical form of finasteride and minoxidil combo producing good results with minimal side effects. I would be diving straight to the topical solution, without initially using the oral first. The dermatologist wrote me a script for the topical finasteride with minoxidil, which has to be compounded since it isn’t FDA approved yet. I haven’t picked it up yet because I wanted to ask any of you guys who might have been using it if it’s been effective for you? Also, any noticeable sides effects that really stand out with the topical combo for you guys?

Topical study
A Systematic Review of Topical Finasteride in the Treatment of Androgenetic Alopecia in Men and Women

Topical study after using the pill
Topical minoxidil fortified with finasteride: An account of maintenance of hair density after replacing oral finasteride

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

fifty

It works in that it lowers dht. I used essegen plus which contains .05% finasteride in the mornings and lipogaine at night and it took my serum dht from the 60s into the 20s. So no continued need for a prescription. That stuff is ~30$ for 60ml.

I might consider advising a .025% topical dose daily which should be around the .2 to .4mg referenced in the topical fin studies.

You won't find much of a welcoming response on this forum to those drugs they chemically neuter a man, evidence is above...you reduce DHT from the 60s to the 20s...that's a chemical neuter. Besides, MPB has far more to do with genetics than anything else.

Miironleg

I use a similar product with great results. Not sure why the other guys are seeing a drop in serum dht but I have blood results that do not show this.

Sides

Especially since your goal right now is to get your wife pregnant, I would suggest that you play it safe, and avoid the use of any 5-Alpha-Reductase inhibitors, even topical, until after you get your wife pregnant.

The 5-Alpha-Reductase inhibitors all have fertility risks, not to mention risks with erectile dysfunction, and Finasteride in particular does reduce sperm counts in some men.

https://www.fertstert.org/article/S0015-0282(13)02786-6/fulltext

"Finasteride, even at low doses, may cause reduced sperm counts in some men. In this population, counts improved dramatically for the majority of men after finasteride discontinuation. The hormone parameters, sperm motility, and sperm morphology were unchanged after cessation. Finasteride should be discontinued in subfertile men with oligospermia, and used with caution in men who desire fertility."

"Low-dose finasteride does appear to exert a negative effect on fertility on some men. When we discontinued finasteride treatment in our patients, we found a significant increase in sperm count (an average 11.6-fold increase) (Table 1), which was more notable in men with severe oligospermia at initial assessment. Men with a sperm concentration <5 M/mL had an average increase in their sperm concentration of 22.06 M/mL, and those with sperm concentration 5–15 M/mL had an average increase in their sperm concentration of 138.87 M/mL. Men with a sperm concentration >15 M/mL had an average increase in their sperm concentration of 95.28 M/mL."

"Our study indicates that finasteride is associated with subfertility in some men and that the adverse effect of finasteride is reversible for most of the men who present with infertility. We suggest that in infertile men with oligospermia or azoospermia using finasteride, even at the low dose of 1 mg for androgenic alopecia, the drug should be discontinued. The discontinuation of finasteride may not bring the sperm parameters to levels where a spontaneous pregnancy is likely, but it may lead to improvement in semen parameters that will allow for a less invasive fertility therapy (intrauterine insemination versus intracytoplasmic sperm injection). In addition, caution and appropriate counseling should be exercised when these drugs are given to men of reproductive age who desire fertility."

StillPushin

I googled “chemical castration finasteride.” I had no idea this stuff was originally a literal castration drug. I’ll leave the link below. This is why I checked in here first because what I know of the pill version is horrible. I was thinking it was possible to avoid the side effects if it was used topically. And I certainly don’t want this drug to further hinder conception with my wife. Appreciate the advice guys. I definitely won’t be filling the prescription.

The worst possible balding treatment.

Vvs1

It's a cancer drug origin I believe. Studies have shown it induces ER stress and deforms your cells and that's why I believe many don't respond to androgens after developing PFS.

Topical propecia or even OTC stuff has caused the same side effects of the pills. And it only takes one pill.

Vvs1

Especially since your goal right now is to get your wife pregnant, I would suggest that you play it safe, and avoid the use of any 5-Alpha-Reductase inhibitors, even topical, until after you get your wife pregnant.

The 5-Alpha-Reductase inhibitors all have fertility risks, not to mention risks with erectile dysfunction, and Finasteride in particular does reduce sperm counts in some men.

https://www.fertstert.org/article/S0015-0282(13)02786-6/fulltext

"Finasteride, even at low doses, may cause reduced sperm counts in some men. In this population, counts improved dramatically for the majority of men after finasteride discontinuation. The hormone parameters, sperm motility, and sperm morphology were unchanged after cessation. Finasteride should be discontinued in subfertile men with oligospermia, and used with caution in men who desire fertility."

"Low-dose finasteride does appear to exert a negative effect on fertility on some men. When we discontinued finasteride treatment in our patients, we found a significant increase in sperm count (an average 11.6-fold increase) (Table 1), which was more notable in men with severe oligospermia at initial assessment. Men with a sperm concentration <5 M/mL had an average increase in their sperm concentration of 22.06 M/mL, and those with sperm concentration 5–15 M/mL had an average increase in their sperm concentration of 138.87 M/mL. Men with a sperm concentration >15 M/mL had an average increase in their sperm concentration of 95.28 M/mL."

"Our study indicates that finasteride is associated with subfertility in some men and that the adverse effect of finasteride is reversible for most of the men who present with infertility. We suggest that in infertile men with oligospermia or azoospermia using finasteride, even at the low dose of 1 mg for androgenic alopecia, the drug should be discontinued. The discontinuation of finasteride may not bring the sperm parameters to levels where a spontaneous pregnancy is likely, but it may lead to improvement in semen parameters that will allow for a less invasive fertility therapy (intrauterine insemination versus intracytoplasmic sperm injection). In addition, caution and appropriate counseling should be exercised when these drugs are given to men of reproductive age who desire fertility."

Fin is dangerous to a fetus. I believe that's why you cannot give blood if your on it.

fifty

It's a cancer drug origin I believe. Studies have shown it induces ER stress and deforms your cells and that's why I believe many don't respond to androgens after developing PFS.

Topical propecia or even OTC stuff has caused the same side effects of the pills. And it only takes one pill.
What’s ER stress?

fifty

Yikes. And finasteride isn’t even THAT effect for hair loss.

Latest trend for hair sufferers is microneedling or dermarolling with 1.5mm needles once per week. Cheap and pretty effective per studies. Easier to do if you don’t have long hair. Ask if you need more info.

The 5-Alpha-Reductase inhibitors all have fertility risks

Excellent advice here. The transdermal would actually INCREASE risk of your wife being exposed (finasteride can be transferred in semen as well).

Vvs1

I haven't seen that in the prescreening at ARC or my local blood bank as part of the routine questions they ask.

I went to the Red Cross in '14 or '15, and it was a part of the general info, maybe a large sheet or booklet? after they logged me in. Not in the questionnaire or specific question.

It was my first and only time I donated.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel