Too much B12?

Buy Lab Tests Online

DRay

Has anyone experienced any side affects with supplementing high doses of B12?

I started supplementing jarrow b12 lozenges 5,000mcg on Friday. I took a total of 10,000 mcg Friday, 10,000 mcg Saturday, and 5,000mcg on Sunday. A few hours after taking the b12 on Friday, I started experiencing bloating, gas, and diarrhea. On Saturday I developed a dull cramping in my upper right quadrant just under my rib (liver) that radiates to my back by in my shoulder blade area. The dull pain had been constant since Saturday morning. The bloat and constipation has also been constant except in the morning I have been gassy with diarrhea and loose stool.

I started supplementing b12 in hopes to increase appetite because the last week I have had very little appetite. My current protocol as of the last 3 1/2 weeks:

200mg/wk test cyp EOD injections
200mg/wk nandrolone EOD injections
150iu HCG EOD injections
.25 Adex E3D

The symptoms came on Friday after taking b12. I have not seen too much research or literature pointing to my symptoms in regards to b12 supplementation. It's been stated that there is no such thing as too much b12 as it is not toxic and the body rids excess but I am aware of the large amount I took over three days. I stopped the b12 Sunday but still feeling symptoms. The liver pain is most concerning. BLoodwork on 3/27/17 showed normal liver function. Does this sound familiar to anyone? Could I be having underlying liver issues that coincidentally started around the time I started supplementing b12?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Your body is telling you that you don't need to supplement, listen to it. I'd stop taking it and add a B12 test to your next set of labs and only then decide if you need to supplement.

ratbag

My last lab on B12 was very high 1773 pg/mL range 221-700 pg/mL, I still feel fine.
I did drop my supplement of B12 in half, from 5000mcg to 2500mcg.

Yeah 1773 is a little high. I didn't need B12 until I started taking Metformin. Then my levels dropped. So I took 1000mcg and I was was at 1800. I didn't have any issues either but it seemed very high so hence the drop to 500mcg.

Old post but my guess is you were reacting badly to the sugar alcohol in those lozenges. It took me awhile to find capsules instead of lozenges that were not loaded with xylitol or sorbitol or any of that crap.

Vince

Super Moderator
Jarrow Formulas - Methyl B-12 5000 mcg. - 60 LozengesOther Ingredients: Xylitol, [cherry] or [lemon] flavor, citric acid, stearic acid (vegetable source), magnesium stearate (vegetable source), cellulose and silicon dioxide. Suitable for vegetarians/vegans.

[TD="align: left"]

[/TD]

[TD="bgcolor: #000000, align: left"]

[/TD]

[TD="align: left"][/TD]

[TD="align: left"]

[/TD]

HealthMan

Has anyone experienced any side affects with supplementing high doses of B12?

I started supplementing jarrow b12 lozenges 5,000mcg on Friday. I took a total of 10,000 mcg Friday, 10,000 mcg Saturday, and 5,000mcg on Sunday. A few hours after taking the b12 on Friday, I started experiencing bloating, gas, and diarrhea. On Saturday I developed a dull cramping in my upper right quadrant just under my rib (liver) that radiates to my back by in my shoulder blade area. The dull pain had been constant since Saturday morning. The bloat and constipation has also been constant except in the morning I have been gassy with diarrhea and loose stool.

I started supplementing b12 in hopes to increase appetite because the last week I have had very little appetite. My current protocol as of the last 3 1/2 weeks:

200mg/wk test cyp EOD injections
200mg/wk nandrolone EOD injections
150iu HCG EOD injections
.25 Adex E3D

The symptoms came on Friday after taking b12. I have not seen too much research or literature pointing to my symptoms in regards to b12 supplementation. It's been stated that there is no such thing as too much b12 as it is not toxic and the body rids excess but I am aware of the large amount I took over three days. I stopped the b12 Sunday but still feeling symptoms. The liver pain is most concerning. BLoodwork on 3/27/17 showed normal liver function. Does this sound familiar to anyone? Could I be having underlying liver issues that coincidentally started around the time I started supplementing b12?

Coincidence or not when i supplemented with high dose vit B12 my HCT jumped from 46 to 52. Other than that i was a bit more thirsty than usual

Gianluca

100% experience. I always keep my vitamin b B12 over the high range. I haven't needed to donate blood now for almost two and a half years. My HCT has held steady at 48%.

got it, I have on my multi 300mcg of Methylcobalamin, not sure about my B12 level but my HCT is always about 51, and I often get face/neck flashes, I'have been trying to find a b-complex formula with max 50/100mcg of same form of B12, activated b6/folate, in a two per day serving size. Hard to find

the only one I could find was suggested by healthmen is this Stress B-Complex: A complete complex of B vitamins with extra B5 for adrenal support and stress management*, but two per day would bring me at 200mcg of B12,

Vince

Super Moderator
got it, I have on my multi 300mcg of Methylcobalamin, not sure about my B12 level but my HCT is always about 51, and I often get face/neck flashes, I'have been trying to find a b-complex formula with max 50/100mcg of same form of B12, activated b6/folate, in a two per day serving size. Hard to find

the only one I could find was suggested by healthmen is this Stress B-Complex: A complete complex of B vitamins with extra B5 for adrenal support and stress management*, but two per day would bring me at 200mcg of B12,
Independent Analysis on Supplements & Nutrition

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching