Titrating down: advice please

Buy Lab Tests Online

xibxang

Dear all.

Hope you're all well. I was wondering if I might tap into some of the great knowledge of you guys.

Thanks to this forum, I recently decided to titrate my dosage of 160mg (test cyp) down to a more "sensible" level where I don't need to use an AI, and still get the benefits of TRT. On the 26th of last month I dropped my dose down to 120mg with the intention of holding there for a few weeks to let everything settle, and then to consider another drop in dosage. I had initially been prescribed 0.25mg of Anastrozole to be taken with each injection (Sunday morning / Wednesday night) but stopped it completely when I dropped my dosage on the 26th.

I was expecting some kind of depressive/lethargic wave to hit me, but I've been feeling pretty good. Except for today. Today I want to bite everyone's head off and I have a real short fuse. I'm holding it together with a little meditation but internally I feel gnarly and "unnaturally" aggravated. I normally sleep quite well but last bight I struggled, and woke a few times to find I'd been sweating a bit which isn't normal over here in Scotland in December. :)

I'm just looking for a little advice and/or knowledge. What am I experiencing here? I'm guessing it's high E2. Is it something that comes about from dropping my dosage or stopping my AI? Is it a double whammy combination of the two things?

Should I ride this out and see what happens or should I take an AI to try to take the edge off of things (I'd prefer not to do this but I'll take any advice on it)?

Please by all means, treat me like the fool I am here. I'll listen to everyone's advice.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Check out this thread on the same issue:

xibxang

Many thanks for this. I'm with a TRT Clinic in the UK and they simply don't warn or inform me about this type of thing ie. changing dose.

madman

Super Moderator
Dear all.

Hope you're all well. I was wondering if I might tap into some of the great knowledge of you guys.

Thanks to this forum, I recently decided to titrate my dosage of 160mg (test cyp) down to a more "sensible" level where I don't need to use an AI, and still get the benefits of TRT. On the 26th of last month I dropped my dose down to 120mg with the intention of holding there for a few weeks to let everything settle, and then to consider another drop in dosage. I had initially been prescribed 0.25mg of Anastrozole to be taken with each injection (Sunday morning / Wednesday night) but stopped it completely when I dropped my dosage on the 26th.

I was expecting some kind of depressive/lethargic wave to hit me, but I've been feeling pretty good. Except for today. Today I want to bite everyone's head off and I have a real short fuse. I'm holding it together with a little meditation but internally I feel gnarly and "unnaturally" aggravated. I normally sleep quite well but last bight I struggled, and woke a few times to find I'd been sweating a bit which isn't normal over here in Scotland in December. :)

I'm just looking for a little advice and/or knowledge. What am I experiencing here? I'm guessing it's high E2. Is it something that comes about from dropping my dosage or stopping my AI? Is it a double whammy combination of the two things?

Should I ride this out and see what happens or should I take an AI to try to take the edge off of things (I'd prefer not to do this but I'll take any advice on it)?

Please by all means, treat me like the fool I am here. I'll listen to everyone's advice.

On the 26th of last month I dropped my dose down to 120mg with the intention of holding there for a few weeks to let everything settle, and then to consider another drop in dosage. I had initially been prescribed 0.25mg of Anastrozole to be taken with each injection (Sunday morning / Wednesday night) but stopped it completely when I dropped my dosage on the 26th.

You are just coming up on the 3-week mark since lowering your T dose.

Common for many to experience ups/downs during the transition as the body is trying to adjust as hormones will be in flux during the weeks leading up until blood levels have stabilized (4-6 weeks TC/TE).

Keep in mind that you dropped your overall weekly T dose from 160--->120 mg.

Decreasing your overall weekly dose by 40 mg will have a big impact on dropping your TT, FT, and estradiol levels.

What am I experiencing here? I'm guessing it's high E2. Is it something that comes about from dropping my dosage or stopping my AI? Is it a double whammy combination of the two things?

Coming down in dose is harder than going up and some may experience a bumpy ride during the transition.

No point in jumping to any conclusions as we have absolutely no idea where your trough TT, FT let alone estradiol sit and only time will tell once you have blood work done 6 weeks in.

Forget tweaking your protocol let alone throwing in the AI as you are only 3 weeks in.

Tough it out and wait until blood levels have stabilized then get blood work done to see where your trough levels sit.

xibxang

@Cataceous and @madman:

Many thanks again for your advice. I had no idea that lowering dosages could be so rough!

I lay in bed last night - sweating buckets - going over old arguments with people from years ago. This really isn't me. Fingers crossed it doesn't last too long. I don't want to be the Grinch going into Christmas!

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me