Thyroid or Ferritin problems?

Buy Lab Tests Online

johann

Hi guys
Thyroid or Iron problem?
I do have a problem with heart palpitation, anxiety, chest pain, brain fog. Not always, I can be good for a 1-2 months and then it hit me and I'm bad for 1-3 weeks. I have taken "all" the blood tests and had EKG, 24 hour EKG, Ultrasound, and all "good" there. But after all the blood test that I have done I did see when the Iron panel was good I was feeling good, I do not know why the Iron panel is going off like that, any thoughts or input?
The only test that my Dr would not allow me to take was reverse T3.
Johann

Attachments

• IMG_5919.jpg
    IMG_5919.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_5920.jpg
    IMG_5920.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_5921.jpg
    IMG_5921.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_5922.jpg
    IMG_5922.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_5923.jpg
    IMG_5923.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_5924.jpg
    IMG_5924.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_5925.jpg
    IMG_5925.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 155
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
M

MarkM

Johann,

Your iron and ferritin are fine. Your iron saturation is over the top of the range by a little bit. Are you supplementing with iron? If so, I would probably stop.

Your thyroid does not look optimal. You can be in range on a thyroid panel and still have a thyroid issue. Your Free T3 and Free T4 are too low. Your Free T4 is at the very bottom of the range at 0.8 and it should be around 1.3. Your Free T3 is low at 2.33 and should be closer to 3.60 to 3.80.

You really need to have the Reverse T3 tested and your Thyroid antibodies (TPOab and TgAB).

Last edited by a moderator:

johann

Hi Mark.
Im raising my Nature Thyroid. Im taking 3/4 of a grain 3x Im not supplementing with Iron and that what Im saying when the iron panel goes out of wack I feel those problem, if you look at the trend, the test before the last the Iron saturation was fine. I will go and order Reverse T3 and Thyroid antibodies
Thanks Mark

Hi Mark.
Im raising my Nature Thyroid. Im taking 3/4 of a grain 3x Im not supplementing with Iron and that what Im saying when the iron panel goes out of wack I feel those problem, if you look at the trend, the test before the last the Iron saturation was fine. I will go and order Reverse T3 and Thyroid antibodies
Thanks Mark

You can't really run those two in isolation, need to have all 5 for a complete picture, assuming money allows you to run them
TSH
Free T3
Free T4
Reverse T3
Antibodies

They like to say Ferritin needs to be above 100, I think it's 150 to not be "problematic" whatever that may mean. I take it you can correlate when you feel good, or bad, to when your serum iron was up and down which seems to vary wildly according to your posted test. Are you donating blood for any reason?

johann

They like to say Ferritin needs to be above 100, I think it's 150 to not be "problematic" whatever that may mean. I take it you can correlate when you feel good, or bad, to when your serum iron was up and down which seems to vary wildly according to your posted test. Are you donating blood for any reason?
For thyroid patens they say over 7o in ferritin yes. No Im not donating blood for now, for that reason.

M

MarkM

Ferritin should be a minimum of 80 for thyroid to function properly but like @Vince Carter stated, probably 100 is better and 150 is even better. Depending on the lab, mid range for Ferritin is around 215.

johann

Ferritin should be a minimum of 80 for thyroid to function properly but like @Vince Carter stated, probably 100 is better and 150 is even better. Depending on the lab, mid range for Ferritin is around 215.
Mine is at 90 at this moment, its when the other Iron numbers are out of sink when it is that I feel like crap. Did just order the
TSH
Free T3
Free T4
Reverse T3
Antibodies
May that will show something that could go better.

M

MarkM

Well, your Reverse T3 is less than 15, which is good, and your antibodies aren't outlandish, but if your FT4 is still at 0.8 and your Free T3 is still at 2.33, it seems to me they are both low. I guess that is your thyroid medication pulling them down? I can't answer that but maybe others can.

johann

Well, your Reverse T3 is less than 15, which is good, and your antibodies aren't outlandish, but if your FT4 is still at 0.8 and your Free T3 is still at 2.33, it seems to me they are both low. I guess that is your thyroid medication pulling them down? I can't answer that but maybe others can.
I'm waiting for increase in my Nature Throid dose, its on backorder..
Taking now 3/4 of a grain 3x a day. Will go up to 0.875 grain 3x a day

SkyWarn

Pardon me for reviving an old thread, I have recently begun levothyroxine. I didn't know ferritin had an impact on thyroid. My ferritin is low (14) due to chronic blood donations. would that cause low T4/T4 and TSH?

Systemlord

Pardon me for reviving an old thread, I have recently begun levothyroxine. I didn't know ferritin had an impact on thyroid. My ferritin is low (14) due to chronic blood donations. would that cause low T4/T4 and TSH?

You lose the metabolism boosting properties of thyroid hormones when iron is low, you could in a sense experienced hypothyroid symptoms.

You cannot take T4 without also supplementing iron, taking T4 only treatment without supplementing iron when there is a deficiency is a big no no.

Last edited:

Vince

Super Moderator
Hi guys
Thyroid or Iron problem?
I do have a problem with heart palpitation, anxiety, chest pain, brain fog. Not always, I can be good for a 1-2 months and then it hit me and I'm bad for 1-3 weeks. I have taken "all" the blood tests and had EKG, 24 hour EKG, Ultrasound, and all "good" there. But after all the blood test that I have done I did see when the Iron panel was good I was feeling good, I do not know why the Iron panel is going off like that, any thoughts or input?
The only test that my Dr would not allow me to take was reverse T3.
Johann
How are your magnesium levels? Heart palpitations usually are caused by low magnesium. I would consider supplementing with a good magnesium supplement.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me