Thyroid blood results while on low carb. Are my results normal?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CROM

We must have a similar issue. I have tracked my caloric intake and calories burned via FitBit. over 30 days I had a 50,000 caloric deficit and lost no weight. My reverse T3 was at 20. After a few months of titrating liothyronine up to 50mcg my reverse T3 is now 7.7. However, still no weight loss. Very frustrating. I too lift weights. 5 days a week for 45 to 80 minutes. The issue with that is it lowers cortisol, which makes it harder to lose weight. I stopped lifting for a month. I have not done that in 20 years. It was a good break but it made no difference. It has been suggested that my cortisol levels are too low. I had them tested about a year ago a defy (saliva), they were low but no treatment was suggested. I am testing them again next week (saliva). Still searching for an answer. I am sure it is metabolically related, possibly low cortisol? Please let me know if you find any answers.

But how many calories are you consuming per day? These online weight loss calculators or apps are inaccurate. I just did one now. It said I should consume 2,638 calories per day to lose 20 lbs. in 90 days. That’s doing hard exercise 6-7 days/wk.

It said my maintenance calories should be 3,406 calories per day. Oh I wish I could consume 2,638 calories per day and lose weight.

Another Great Day

But how many calories are you consuming per day? These online weight loss calculators or apps are inaccurate. I just did one now. It said I should consume 2,638 calories per day to lose 20 lbs. in 90 days. That’s doing hard exercise 6-7 days/wk.

It said my maintenance calories should be 3,406 calories per day. Oh I wish I could consume 2,638 calories per day and lose weight.

Short background. My entire life - it is very easy to gain weight very difficult to lose weight. My current daily intake is 1,500 to 1,700 calories per day and I am constantly at a calorie deficit at the end of the day. I have a spreadsheet of daily foods that I eat to assure correct calories. About a year ago I became a patient at Defy. My reverse t3 was above 20. Titrated to up to 50 mcg of cytomel and now it is at 5.5. Some people begin to lose weight when reverse t3 is below 15. That was not the case for me.

I have also had several phone consultations with Janie Bowthorpe. She is the author of "Stop the Thyroid Madness" (Updated Revised edition in 2019) Janie is a wealth of knowledge. While she is not an MD she has studied and worked with thousands of patients thyroid issues and has provided great insight. Many providers look at lab results and if the results are within the "range" they say it is okay. Janie dissects those wide ranges and suggests were the results should be located. My cortisol levels were very low a year ago and I just had them tested again and waiting on the results. My issue could be due to high stress which have resulted in lowering cortisol levels. Factors - lifting weights reduces cortisol levels, I am type A++ personality, and naturally an over thinker. All factors that can reduce cortisol levels.

Vince

Super Moderator
Short background. My entire life - it is very easy to gain weight very difficult to lose weight. My current daily intake is 1,500 to 1,700 calories per day and I am constantly at a calorie deficit at the end of the day. I have a spreadsheet of daily foods that I eat to assure correct calories. About a year ago I became a patient at Defy. My reverse t3 was above 20. Titrated to up to 50 mcg of cytomel and now it is at 5.5. Some people begin to lose weight when reverse t3 is below 15. That was not the case for me.

I have also had several phone consultations with Janie Bowthorpe. She is the author of "Stop the Thyroid Madness" (Updated Revised edition in 2019) Janie is a wealth of knowledge. While she is not an MD she has studied and worked with thousands of patients thyroid issues and has provided great insight. Many providers look at lab results and if the results are within the "range" they say it is okay. Janie dissects those wide ranges and suggests were the results should be located. My cortisol levels were very low a year ago and I just had them tested again and waiting on the results. My issue could be due to high stress which have resulted in lowering cortisol levels. Factors - lifting weights reduces cortisol levels, I am type A++ personality, and naturally an over thinker. All factors that can reduce cortisol levels.
Have you ever tried a low-carb diet or even a carnivore diet?

Vince

Super Moderator
CROM, sorry. After reading over the thread, I see you have been on a very low carb diet. It seems that some people can't lose weight on a low-carb diet. You could try a carnivore diet, the nice thing is you won't have to count calories.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me