Buy Lab Tests Online

mcs

Has anyone noticed an increased in glucose readings, specifically fasting glucose, after taking any thyroid replacement meds for some time (i.e. Armour, Synthroid, etc.)?

According to this article, "The levothyroxine elevated the patient’s blood sugar to the point where hypoglycemia resolved and thyroid levels improved. The medical commentary and interpretation was that the levothyroxine normalized (elevated) the blood sugar because the thyroid was under functioning. On the first read through, the levothyroxine seems to be the cure because of faulty thyroid function. However, if you think about this from the context of levothryoxine raising blood sugar as a side effect, it creates a different spin. "
Thyroid Meds Increase Risk for Elevated Blood Sugar

Another factor: some of the inactive ingredients in these meds may also be causing or contributing to increased glucose levels. Armour has dextrose, NP Thyroid has dextrose + maltodextrin, Synthroid has lactose. All these are high glycemic substances known to cause insulin resistance.

Anecdote:
Fasting BG was 98 before taking morning dose of NDT; water only no other food or supplements. 45 min. after it was 115.

Thoughts?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Anonymon

It’s plausible. If they do increase blood sugar, however, I doubt it has anything to do with the dextrose or maltodextrin. Those will contribute to blood sugar on a technical level but you’re taking such a small amount that I doubt it could be what they’re talking about. Even with a 2 Grain NDT pill I doubt there’d be a gram of sugar’s worth in there. At most maybe a gram. Functionally nothing. It’s not like anybody became diabetic because a kernel of sugar touched their tongue.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me