Thoughts on shallow IM injections

Buy Lab Tests Online

ChrisPBacon

Happy New Year everyone!

I have read of several doctors recommending 27g x 1/2" for testosterone injections into the thigh or delt. This is going to be shallow IM for me (fat calipers pinch about 8-10 mm at both locations). I currently use 25g x 1" into the thigh and the idea of less scar tissue formation in the long run is intriguing.

In Dr. Crisler's subq video I wonder if he is injecting slightly IM into his abs at his low body fat.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
If you heard of Doctors prescribing the use of a 27g x 1/2" for non subcutaneous injections than they don't know what they are doing.

You would only use that type of syringe for SC injections only.

IM injections need to go much much deeper into the tissue.

ChrisPBacon

Here is one of the recommendations.

http://naturalbiohealth.com/testosterone-tips-for-men-women/

Injectable Testosterone. Soreness at site of injection or lack of results.

At Natural Bio Health, many men (and some women) on testosterone replacement therapy use 1/2 inch 27 gauge needles for their injections. This produces minimal discomfort on injection and is satisfactory for most of our patients. This small needle is generally injected in the thigh area and sometimes in the Deltoids. Follow up lab tests prove that the smaller needle works for most men but not all. However, some men experience pain and/or swelling after some injections.

Pain or swelling at injection site.

If pain at the injection site develops the day after injection that lasts for several days the medication may have been injected into subcutaneous tissue (fat) instead of into muscle. This can cause an inflammatory reaction in the leg resulting in discomfort and decreased testosterone effect. This is generally seen in men who have a layer of fat 1/2 inch or greater although it can happen in men with less fat in the area of injection. If this happens only occasionally, it is not a problem and cold compresses and ice will often solve the issue. Regardless, if the swelling is pronounced or uncomfortable or continues, we recommend you visit one of our physicians for treatment and to avoid future reactions.

To make sure each patient gets the maximum benefits of the hormone and to avoid most of the inflammatory responses, a longer needle (1 inch) may be used. The injection is not more painful with the longer needle (and may even have less discomfort). The 1 inch needle may also promote higher testosterone levels in men who seem to not respond optimally to their therapy.

If you have a significant other person who can administer the injections, a gluteal (buttock) or deltoid (upper arm) injection site may be more comfortable. Our staff will show you how these alternative sites can be used. Please call for information.

Kelly

If you heard of Doctors prescribing the use of a 27g x 1/2" for non subcutaneous injections than they don't know what they are doing.

You would only use that type of syringe for SC injections only.

IM injections need to go much much deeper into the tissue.

Agree with you GD that doctors won't prescribe it and that it won't work for most guys. In my case it's actually my weapon of choice and has been for a long time now. Never an issue and exceptionally easy. I would not recommend it to anyone unless real lean though.

ps: good talking to you the other day and I will pass that message on!

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
If one is going to use a 1/2 needle they just might as well inject SC as that's what the needle was designed for.

But like everything else, if it works for you and you like it...all the power man!

1/2 works for IM in the lean and novice for specific injections but I wouldn't use anything less then 5/8. I personally prefer using a 26 5/8 for IM into the thigh and shoulder.

ChrisPBacon

Keith,

What brand of 26 g 5/8" needles are you using? I have had no luck finding 26g needles.

The 26g seems to have an ideal profile......if I could just find them.

robs2nd75

1/2 works for IM in the lean and novice for specific injections but I wouldn't use anything less then 5/8. I personally prefer using a 26 5/8 for IM into the thigh and shoulder.

but why? If I'm injecting into muscle what difference does it make if I'm in 1" more? If SC injections are just as beneficial, I would assume as long as I'm not hitting bone, cartilage, or blood vessels I should be good, no?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me