Thoughts on my most recent bloodwork? IS my E2 too high?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator
So, TT, SHBG and Albumin are a reliable way to measure FT if one doesn't have access to dialysis and whatnot?

As I stated previously.

I would not rely on the piss poor direct immunoassay let alone outdated calculated methods especially in cases of altered SHBG

Although the newer cFTZ algorithm (TruT) should give fairly consistent results I would prefer to rely on direct testing using the most accurate assays such as the gold standard Equilibrium Dialysis or Ultrafiltration especially in cases of altered SHBG.

Z

Zibernet

As I stated previously.

I would not rely on the piss poor direct immunoassay let alone outdated calculated methods especially in cases of altered SHBG

Although the newer cFTZ algorithm (TruT) should give fairly consistent results I would prefer to rely on direct testing using the most accurate assays such as the gold standard Equilibrium Dialysis or Ultrafiltration especially in cases of altered SHBG.

If I'm asking again, that's because you are not being clear.
You are just parroting yourself over and over.

Just consider that I don't have access to dialysis or ultrafiltration when reading my question.

madman

Super Moderator
If I'm asking again, that's because you are not being clear.
You are just parroting yourself over and over.

Just consider that I don't have access to dialysis or ultrafiltration when reading my question.

Should have been clear enough.

The newer cFTZ algorithm (TruT) should give fairly consistent results especially in cases of altered SHBG.

What stands in your way from ordering the direct testing using the most accurate assays (Equilibrium Dialysis or Ultrafiltration)?

Even if your doctor was clueless when it comes to testing FT as many rely on the piss poor direct immunoassay you can easily purchase yourself through Nelson's discountedlabs.

Z

Zibernet

Should have been clear enough.

The newer cFTZ algorithm (TruT) should give fairly consistent results especially in cases of altered SHBG.

What stands in your way from ordering the direct testing using the most accurate assays (Equilibrium Dialysis or Ultrafiltration)?

Even if your doctor was clueless when it comes to testing FT as many rely on the piss poor direct immunoassay you can easily purchase yourself through Nelson's discountedlabs.

Not one single lab in France offers either of those two tests.

madman

Super Moderator
Not one single lab in France offers either of those two tests.

I see now.

My mistake as I thought you were from Texas.

Hope you at least have access to the sensitive assay for TT/estradiol (LC/MS-MS)?

Keep in mind that when using the calculated method let alone direct FT (Equilibrium Dialysis or Ultrafiltration) you would need to use the most accurate assay for TT (LC/MS-MS) to know where your FT level truly sits.

What assay was used for TT/estradiol when you had these labs done?

First off, the number bits:
- TT: 480 (240-870)
- FT: 10 (8-40)
- e2: 15 (11-44)

After 2 months taking a B-vitamin complex:
- TT: 860 (240-870)
- FT: 11 (8-40)

Z

Zibernet

I see now.

My mistake as I thought you were from Texas.

Hope you at least have access to the sensitive assay for TT/estradiol (LC/MS-MS)?

Keep in mind that when using the calculated method let alone direct FT (Equilibrium Dialysis or Ultrafiltration) you would need to use the most accurate assay for TT (LC/MS-MS) to know where your FT level truly sits.

What assay was used for TT/estradiol when you had these labs done?

For TT it was the CMIA (Chemiluminescent Microparticle Immunoassay)
For free T it was RIA (Radioimmunoassay)

How accurate are those two?

madman

Super Moderator
For TT it was the CMIA (Chemiluminescent Microparticle Immunoassay)
For free T it was RIA (Radioimmunoassay)

How accurate are those two?

The ARCHITECT 2nd Generation Total Testosterone assay (CMIA) should be fairly accurate but will struggle when measuring low T concentrations in women/children.

The piss poor FT direct RIA is not accurate!

As I stated FT needs to be tested using the gold standard Equilibrium Dialysis or Ultrafiltration (next best).

Would not rely upon let alone waste my time using the direct immunoassay.

If one does not have access to such assays then you would need to use/rely upon the calculated methods and even then I would be using the newer cFTZ (TruT) especially in cases of altered SHBG.

Unfortunately, you have no clue where your SHBG sits.

Now knowing what assay was used for TT there is a good chance that if your B-vitamin complex had a high amount of biotin then your results could have easily been skewed due to cross-reactivity.

post #24

*In competitive immunoassays, excessive biotin is likely to produce a falsely high result

Z

Zibernet

The ARCHITECT 2nd Generation Total Testosterone assay (CMIA) should be fairly accurate but will struggle when measuring low T concentrations in women/children.

The piss poor FT direct RIA is not accurate!

As I stated FT needs to be tested using the gold standard Equilibrium Dialysis or Ultrafiltration (next best).

Would not rely upon let alone waste my time using the direct immunoassay.

If one does not have access to such assays then you would need to use/rely upon the calculated methods and even then I would be using the newer cFTZ (TruT) especially in cases of altered SHBG.

Unfortunately, you have no clue where your SHBG sits.

Now knowing what assay was used for TT there is a good chance that if your B-vitamin complex had a high amount of biotin then your results could have easily been skewed due to cross-reactivity.

post #24

*In competitive immunoassays, excessive biotin is likely to produce a falsely high result

Yes indeed my B vitamins has a lot of biotin !
I was suspecting it was skewing the results, thanks for confirming !

I discontinued the vitamins and will re-test everything after a two-week wash off period, including SHBG and albumin to derive a "somewhat accurate" FT calculation using your website.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me