Thoughts on my latest bloods?

Buy Lab Tests Online
I've been on trt since early August. Still trying to dial in my protocol. I've just received my latest blood test results and interested to hear thoughts from those on this board.

My protocol:

50mg testosterone enanthate every 2 days IM

250iu HCG every other 2 days SQ (so alternate between T day and HCG day)

.25mg Anastrozole every second T day

IMG_20181128_143756.jpg
IMG20181128142526.jpg
IMG20181128142501.jpg
IMG20181128142440.jpg
IMG20181128142418.jpg

Not sure why my TSH is so high. I had experimented with taking 12.5mg iodine every day for a week or two leading up to this test, so maybe I'll stop that.

Also obviously concerned about my high estradiol, so was thinking of taking .25mg each day I inject testosterone, so every 2 days. Or would it be better to take it on the HCG days?

Any other thoughts? I'm seeing my doc next week so want to be prepared with my own understanding of these results.

Is that testosterone level too high?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

BenM

Yes your free test is high. Your estrogen is high. Your SHBG is low so it isn’t binding much of the testosterone and estrogen and it’s flushing through your system pretty quick. How do you feel?

If it was me I’d suggest a lower dose but I’m a newbie at this. And the docs here in Aus are mostly not that well versed in TRT.

Yes your free test is high. Your estrogen is high. Your SHBG is low so it isn’t binding much of the testosterone and estrogen and it’s flushing through your system pretty quick. How do you feel?

If it was me I’d suggest a lower dose but I’m a newbie at this. And the docs here in Aus are mostly not that well versed in TRT.

Thanks mate! Free test high or too high? I feel good mostly, but definitely noticed symptoms of high e2.

BenM

I think the general feeling round here is that it's only too high if you're having negative symptoms or side effects. So for example if your E2 is too high and that's causing issues, or your haematocrit is high, etc etc. So it really depends. Yeah it's high in terms of the reference range but that doesn't mean much. Mine is also high by that measure.

Interestingly my lab printouts look exactly the same as yours (must use the same software) but the reference range for free T on mine is 9.9-27.8nmol/L and for calculated free T it's 91-579pmol/L. Wonder if it's age adjusted or something else - how old are you?

I think the general feeling round here is that it's only too high if you're having negative symptoms or side effects. So for example if your E2 is too high and that's causing issues, or your haematocrit is high, etc etc. So it really depends. Yeah it's high in terms of the reference range but that doesn't mean much. Mine is also high by that measure.

Interestingly my lab printouts look exactly the same as yours (must use the same software) but the reference range for free T on mine is 9.9-27.8nmol/L and for calculated free T it's 91-579pmol/L. Wonder if it's age adjusted or something else - how old are you?

Interesting. I'm early 30s. Could be different in different states maybe? What state are you in?

I'm a bit worried about the high e2 and low SHBG. Not sure what to do about the latter.

fifty

Your e2 is in range is it not? #wrongtest And it says your free testosterone results are pending.

Last edited:
Your e2 is in range is it not? And it says your free testosterone results are pending.
E2 is at top of range, but not sure what that means, considering the ranges are often arbitrary (Eg I used to have low t but still "in range")

Calculated FTe 931 pmol/L in second pic - is that not free T?

fifty

Calculated free t. You / your doc should get updated results with the actual free t which will probably be similar.

The only thing I will say is that .25mg anastrozole EOD would probably be too much to start. If you and your doc decide to add it, start as low as possible. Maybe .1 EOD. I wouldn’t add an AI at all unless you’re getting symptoms. A Free E test would be interesting for you.

The other solution to lower the E is to slightly lower your dose of T. You are taking more than most people on here.

Calculated free t. You or your doc should get updated results with the actual free t which will probably be similar.

The only thing I will say is that .25mg anastrozole EOD would be too much. If you and your doc decide to add it, start as low as possible. Maybe .1 EOD.

Thanks man. I've been on .25 every 4 days which is why I'm thinking of increasing. Definitely noticing e2 symptoms. Never received free t other than calculated in the past.

fifty

I missed the note where you were already taking the ai. Sorry.

In that case, most experienced posters here will say to lower your dose. Many people with your shbg level are on 16mg T daily and no ai.

BenM

Interesting. I'm early 30s. Could be different in different states maybe? What state are you in?

I'm a bit worried about the high e2 and low SHBG. Not sure what to do about the latter.

Tassie here. Early 40s. Yeah the low SHBG thing is difficult, mine is high thankfully. Think that makes life a little simpler.

What’s your body comp like? If overweight, getting leaner can help with aromatisation to E2 as well.

Tassie here. Early 40s. Yeah the low SHBG thing is difficult, mine is high thankfully. Think that makes life a little simpler.

What’s your body comp like? If overweight, getting leaner can help with aromatisation to E2 as well.

Weird, I'm also Tas! Curious, do you see an interstate doc? I went through two endos down here and gave up, and ended up working out to see someone from the mainland.

I guess I'm a little overweight but nothing crazy.

BenM

Weird, I'm also Tas! Curious, do you see an interstate doc? I went through two endos down here and gave up, and ended up working out to see someone from the mainland.

I guess I'm a little overweight but nothing crazy.

Wow, small world. But same lab I assume (Launnie Path here, assuming you’re Hobart, both done in the same place anyway). I’m up north but using an endo in Hobart, who are you dealing with? Been thinking of changing, for a few reasons....

So yeah - losing a bit of weight is one thing that might help. Generally the fatter you are, the more estrogenic you are, fat cells produce the aromatise enzymes. But I would also look at dropping the dose a bit, the more T you have floating around the more that can be aromatised - there will be a sweet spot there somewhere.

Wow, small world. But same lab I assume (Launnie Path here, assuming you’re Hobart, both done in the same place anyway). I’m up north but using an endo in Hobart, who are you dealing with? Been thinking of changing, for a few reasons....

So yeah - losing a bit of weight is one thing that might help. Generally the fatter you are, the more estrogenic you are, fat cells produce the aromatise enzymes. But I would also look at dropping the dose a bit, the more T you have floating around the more that can be aromatised - there will be a sweet spot there somewhere.

Yeah crazy! I tried two endos in Hobart, both were terrible and even borderline cruel/malpractice.

The doc I see now is much more competent on an international level. Dr Z from Perth WA but. He goes to melb once a month and does phone consults. Still have to use my own initiative a bit though and educate myself.

Yeah going to try to lose some weight. I'm about 19% bf at the mo.

BenM

Yeah crazy! I tried two endos in Hobart, both were terrible and even borderline cruel/malpractice.

The doc I see now is much more competent on an international level. Dr Z from Perth WA but. He goes to melb once a month and does phone consults. Still have to use my own initiative a bit though and educate myself.

Yeah going to try to lose some weight. I'm about 19% bf at the mo.

Ahhh haha.. yes I am seeing one of those doctors at the moment which is why I want to change. He has been working with me ok but I would prefer someone who is better educated.

Have heard good things of Dr Z in the FB group - will have to try and get an appointment with him next time he is in Melbourne.

19% BF isn't out of control, I guess losing weight will help but it probably won't fix everything. I think lowering your dose might also be good, but it's a bit of a PITA with the compounds available commercially here. I split a 250mg dose into 2x125mg doses (so 0.5mL each) and even that is annoying, I can't imagine what it must be like trying to cut that into 5 doses - or are you buying compounded enanthate from somewhere rather than Primoteston?

Ahhh haha.. yes I am seeing one of those doctors at the moment which is why I want to change. He has been working with me ok but I would prefer someone who is better educated.

Have heard good things of Dr Z in the FB group - will have to try and get an appointment with him next time he is in Melbourne.

19% BF isn't out of control, I guess losing weight will help but it probably won't fix everything. I think lowering your dose might also be good, but it's a bit of a PITA with the compounds available commercially here. I split a 250mg dose into 2x125mg doses (so 0.5mL each) and even that is annoying, I can't imagine what it must be like trying to cut that into 5 doses - or are you buying compounded enanthate from somewhere rather than Primoteston?
Which facebook group? What's PITA? Lol.

I've divided up primoteston into 5 separate syringes in the past. Very easy and had no problems. Getting compounded now from a compounding pharmacy in melb that supplies in 3ml vials!

Yep, your doc is nice, but never spent enough time with me and isn't up to date with the science. He left me in quite a pickle after his protocol totally bombed me out (6months T followed by 6 weeks HCG, both with massive infrequent doses)

BenM

Which facebook group? What's PITA? Lol.

I've divided up primoteston into 5 separate syringes in the past. Very easy and had no problems. Getting compounded now from a compounding pharmacy in melb that supplies in 3ml vials!

Yep, your doc is nice, but never spent enough time with me and isn't up to date with the science. He left me in quite a pickle after his protocol totally bombed me out (6months T followed by 6 weeks HCG, both with massive infrequent doses)

There is a TRT in Australia Facebook group. PITA = Pain In The Arse!

How much do you pay for 3ml of compounded T? I would much rather that than what i am doing now. I just switched from Primoteston to Sustanon due to the shortage of Primoteston, and I don't think I like it. Think I'd much rather go back to straight enanthate if I can get it.

There is a TRT in Australia Facebook group. PITA = Pain In The Arse!

How much do you pay for 3ml of compounded T? I would much rather that than what i am doing now. I just switched from Primoteston to Sustanon due to the shortage of Primoteston, and I don't think I like it. Think I'd much rather go back to straight enanthate if I can get it.
I think it's about 80 bucks, but worth it for the sterility and convenience.

BenM

I think it's about 80 bucks, but worth it for the sterility and convenience.

If that's what it is, then yeah definitely. That's actually cheaper than Sustanon.... I would be keen to look into that!

I have made an appt with Dr Z in Jan.

But anyway, I've derailed your thread enough, probably should be focussing on getting your symptoms improved!

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me