Ipamorelin Dosage Discussion

Buy Lab Tests Online

wintermute

On recent labs, my doctor noted my IGF-1 was on the low end, 105ng/mL (range 88-246).

He added 350 micrograms of ipamorelin per day to my current protocol, injected before bed every night. I've been trying to do a bit of research on ipamorelin, its efficacy and safety, but have come up short. There is not a lot out there on Youtube, etc.

Is anyone out there using this? What are your thoughts on it? Is it worth it or a waste of money?

ipamorelin vial.png

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
M

MarkM

Here is a link to a webinar that Nelson did recently (May 31, 2018) in which they discuss ipamorelin.

Growth Hormone Secretagogues

Attached file - downloadable for registered ExcelMale members.

Attachments

• GH Secretagogue Product Fact Slides.pdf
    747.9 KB · Views: 421

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Ipamorelin is a very effective growth hormone releasing agent.

Functioning as a GH secretagogue (Ghrelin analog), Ipamorelin binds to receptors in the brain and pituitary cells to cause the production and release of growth hormone. Not only does it stimulate the pituitary gland to release growth hormone, it also inhibits the release of somatostatin. Ipamorelin creates a more steady slow release of growth hormone and as such mimics the natural release of GH. In laboratory studies it is shown that Ipamorelin has a more stable release of GH than most other GHRPs. In studies previously done on animal test subjects, it was found that Ipamorelin has the ability to strengthen connective tissue and joints, bone strength, and metabolism.

•Type: Ghrelin agonist

•Available Dosage Form: Lyophilized powder for subcutaneous injection (must be reconstituted)

•Strengths: Compounding pharmacies may offer several different strengths and combinations. The most common Ipamorelin concentrations offered as a multi-dose injection are 6mg, and 15mg. Compounded ipamorelin 500mg tablets (ODTs) remain pending until the investigation is completed in 2018

•Protocol: 250mcg-1000mcg every day qhs for 3-6 months to reach short term goals. Ipamorelin can also be taken chronically at 250-500mcg qhs for age-management/wellness in aging patients. Starting dose of 300- 500 micrograms per day may be sufficient to improve lean mass and decrease fat without water retention, hyperglycemia, and joint pain.

•Uses (off-label): Ipamorelin has similar uses as Sermorelin. It is most commonly used in aging patients and/or patients who are undergoing body composition changes including loss of body fat. Ipamorelin is used to reverse age-related, maladaptive changes in body composition such as reduced lean body mass (muscle), increased total and visceral fat, and decreased bone mass. It also is reported to increase physical performance, benefit sleep, and enhance quality of life.

•Patient Type: Elderly patients who may not have optimal pituitary function due to aging; younger patients who can optimize hGH output; Patients on a weight-management program; patients requiring long term chronic treatment of GH

Benefits:

•Appears to be more effective than Sermorelin at increasing IGF-1

•Does not increase hunger unlike other ghrelin peptides

•Reduced risk of increasing cortisol and prolactin unlike other ghrelin peptides

•It does not shut down endogenous GH production upon cessation, unlike Sermorelin.

•Commonly prescribed by physicians who report positive outcomes in patients who want to lose weight and/or who do not respond adequately to Sermorelin

•Safe and effective in elderly patients who have decreased hGH production

•In studies done on animal test subjects, Ipamorelin has been found to increase the amount of lean muscle with the development of new muscle cells.

•It has also shown to possibly have a positive influence on the immune system. This positive effect is due to secondary actions of ghrelin on the body.

•In a few studies, ipamorelin has also been found to increase the natural sleep patterns of test animals.

Negatives:

While few side effects have been reported, below are some that have been mentioned anecdotally. These if real, are undoubtedly related to excessive hGH exposure and thus, dosage should be reduced.

Headache/lightheadedness

Water retention

Numbness in extremities

Tiredness

Decreased Insulin sensitivity

Carpal tunnel symptoms

Studies:

Google Scholar

Available in the US by prescription at Empower Pharmacy. It comes in 15 mg vials ( 50 doses of 300 micrograms). Bacteriostatic water, syringes, and alcohol pads are provided free of charge with every shipped order. Prescriptions should be faxed as

Ipamorelin Acetate, 15 mg vial, 300 mcg/day, #3

More on Ipamorelin from ExcelMale.com

ipamorelin vial.png

Last edited:

Weasel

Ipamorelin is a very effective growth hormone releasing agent.

Functioning as a GH secretagogue (Ghrelin analog), Ipamorelin binds to receptors in the brain and pituitary cells to cause the production and release of growth hormone. Not only does it stimulate the pituitary gland to release growth hormone, it also inhibits the release of somatostatin. Ipamorelin creates a more steady slow release of growth hormone and as such mimics the natural release of GH. In laboratory studies it is shown that Ipamorelin has a more stable release of GH than most other GHRPs. In studies previously done on animal test subjects, it was found that Ipamorelin has the ability to strengthen connective tissue and joints, bone strength, and metabolism.

•Type: Ghrelin agonist

•Available Dosage Form: Lyophilized powder for subcutaneous injection (must be reconstituted)

•Strengths: Compounding pharmacies may offer several different strengths and combinations. The most common Ipamorelin concentrations offered as a multi-dose injection are 6mg, and 15mg. Compounded ipamorelin 500mg tablets (ODTs) remain pending until the investigation is completed in 2018

•Protocol: 250mcg-1000mcg every day qhs for 3-6 months to reach short term goals. Ipamorelin can also be taken chronically at 250-500mcg qhs for age-management/wellness in aging patients. Starting dose of 300- 500 micrograms per day may be sufficient to improve lean mass and decrease fat without water retention, hyperglycemia, and joint pain.

•Uses (off-label): Ipamorelin has similar uses as Sermorelin. It is most commonly used in aging patients and/or patients who are undergoing body composition changes including loss of body fat. Ipamorelin is used to reverse age-related, maladaptive changes in body composition such as reduced lean body mass (muscle), increased total and visceral fat, and decreased bone mass. It also is reported to increase physical performance, benefit sleep, and enhance quality of life.

•Patient Type: Elderly patients who may not have optimal pituitary function due to aging; younger patients who can optimize hGH output; Patients on a weight-management program; patients requiring long term chronic treatment of GH

Benefits:

•Appears to be more effective than Sermorelin at increasing IGF-1

•Does not increase hunger unlike other ghrelin peptides

•Reduced risk of increasing cortisol and prolactin unlike other ghrelin peptides

•It does not shut down endogenous GH production upon cessation, unlike Sermorelin.

•Commonly prescribed by physicians who report positive outcomes in patients who want to lose weight and/or who do not respond adequately to Sermorelin

•Safe and effective in elderly patients who have decreased hGH production

•In studies done on animal test subjects, Ipamorelin has been found to increase the amount of lean muscle with the development of new muscle cells.

•It has also shown to possibly have a positive influence on the immune system. This positive effect is due to secondary actions of ghrelin on the body.

•In a few studies, ipamorelin has also been found to increase the natural sleep patterns of test animals.

Negatives:

While few side effects have been reported, below are some that have been mentioned anecdotally. These if real, are undoubtedly related to excessive hGH exposure and thus, dosage should be reduced.

Headache/lightheadedness

Water retention

Numbness in extremities

Tiredness

Decreased Insulin sensitivity

Carpal tunnel symptoms

Studies:

Google Scholar

Available in the US by prescription at Empower Pharmacy. It comes in 15 mg vials ( 50 doses of 300 micrograms). Bacteriostatic water, syringes, and alcohol pads are provided free of charge with every shipped order. Prescriptions should be faxed as

Ipamorelin Acetate, 15 mg vial, 300 mcg/day, #3

View attachment 6920
What does this run price wise Nelson? Is it available through Defy?

Sean Mosher

That was the best explanation of Ipamorelin I've heard/read.
Thanks for posting that Nelson.

Do you have something similar you could post for Tesamorelin?

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
We have no head-to-head, mg to mg comparison data among GH secretagogues, so it's hard to say anything. It is a matter of what you can access and at what price.

Sermorelin, ipamorelin, GHRP-2, ibutamoren and several others are available by prescription in some compounding pharmacies and, as you know, several websites sell what they claim are peptides.

Tesamorelin and Sermorelin are FDA approved.

JimGainz

Any personal success stories with Ipamorelin or first hand comparison to Ibutoren (mk677). Seems like the monthly cost is comparable now. I was curious about joint healing, fat loss, mass. I’ve run MK before and my joints loved it - needed to keep it at 12.5 mg / day to avoid water retention. No withdrawals either. I’m assuming Ipamorelin would so the same - or perhaps more since it’s injected?

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
If you can tolerate ibutamoren without getting water retention or gaining fat, I would stay with it since it is a good IGF-1 booster and probably increases cortisol better than ipamorelin (increased cortisol translates into less joint pain but can cause water and fat gain if too high). Your low dose should be fine. Are you very hungry?

JimGainz

If you can tolerate ibutamoren without getting water retention or gaining fat, I would stay with it since it is a good IGF-1 booster and probably increases cortisol better than ipamorelin (increased cortisol translates into less joint pain but can cause water and fat gain if too high). Your low dose should be fine. Are you very hungry?
Thanks Nelson. After a few weeks I did have a hard time controlling my appetite. Generally whenever I run MK I always dial it back to EOD after a while due to weight gain. No other sides when taking it at night. I heard Ipamorelin was “better” from a few folks so I was trying to see if that was the case. One good thing about MK is that it is very convenient dosing (oral) and a 24 hour half life.

Systemlord

Question, I know peptides aren't created equal but if Empower's Ipamorelin failed to show any increases in IGF-1, would Tesamorelin work where Ipamorelin failed?

Dr. Saya believed Ipamorelin failed do to insulin resistance.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Question, I know peptides aren't created equal but if Empower's Ipamorelin failed to show any increases in IGF-1, would Tesamorelin work where Ipamorelin failed?

Dr. Saya believed Ipamorelin failed do to insulin resistance.

There is only one way to find out. The real question is "can you get real tesamorelin online?"

JimGainz

I’m two weeks in Ipamorelin (300 mcg/day). Loving it. Great sleep and increased my lifts, with visibility noticeable fat loss and muscle fullness. Allows me to train like a beast. I’ll get labs in another 8 weeks and post back with more results - but initial impressions are very positive.

Mando

I like it also. I have also tried a higher dose of 2 mg per day but I had a lot of water retention. Now on 0.5 mg per day. No issues.
Hello Nelson,
What labs did you have ran prior to starting Ipamorelin? Have you had any new labs lately and what were your levels compared to the starting levels? What have you noticed on your regimen (better sleep, muscle gain, fat loss, blood glucose levels, cholesterol levels, liver enzymes, etc.)?
Thanks.

JimGainz

I’ve been on Ipam at 300 mcgs/day for about 2 months. I have seen some subjective benefits – in terms of some fat loss and muscle gain – better skin – but my bloods just came back with an IGF-I that was lower than my baseline level by a few points. I dosed about four hours prior to the test. Got all the gear from a legit pharma through a Rx . Is this normal due to the short half life of Ipamorelin? Doc suggested I increase my dose to 400 mcgs or switch to an Ipamorelin / ghrp2 combo. Any thoughts?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me