Thoughts on David Sinclair research

Buy Lab Tests Online

Belekas

nobody
Grip strength, gait speed, chair stand test -- these basic physical function tests are the biomarkers that rule them all. They predict everything from depression, cognition, surgery recovery, CHD risk, cancer risk, dementia risk, and most importantly all-cause mortality. Here's a good free text review: Grip Strength: An Indispensable Biomarker For Older Adults - PubMed

Here's a typical study associating grip strength with all-cause mortality:

View attachment 24562

The literature on this is overwhelming to the point that I don't even know where to start to present some interesting findings. I searched "gait speed mortality" on pubmed and it returned over 900 results: gait speed mortality - Search Results - PubMed

So this is where I think the research anti-aging scientists are doing in lower life forms may not directly translate to human longevity. If you restrict calories and protein and avoid anything anabolic you might reduce your cellular rate of aging and then become so frail, sarcopenic and osteoporotic that you die anyway from a simple fall.

I would like to pursue the hybrid approach and I don't see why you wouldn't. Look at Peter Attia, he talks often about how he is training for the "centenarian olympics" and is very concerned with carrying enough muscle mass into old age to maintain his mobility and physical function, while using time-restricted feeding, periodic fasting, and a weekly dose of rapamycin to slow his aging. I suppose professional bodybuilding is incompatible with longevity but there's no reason you can't be both athletic and long-lived.

Testosterone probably has a mixture of dose-dependent positive and negative effects on longevity, and the net effect doesn't seem obvious to me. Contrast with growth hormone: GH and IGF-1 are without question having a strong negative impact on lifespan at increasing levels. That's definitely one to avoid if you are concerned.
Very interesting. Just now finding some free time so will have a read. Thanks for posting Funkodyssey.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

sibuk

Anti-aging is a huge topic. I would recommend Josh Mittledorf's Aging Matters Blog and Paul Jaminet's Perfect Health Diet as a starter set of reading. One of the primary mechanisms behind Time Restricted Eating seems to be keeping insulin down, since chronically elevated insulin seems to drive almost every major disease state (Cancer, Dementia, CVD, and others.) Paul Jaminet has an excellent view on what healthy plant-based really means, and it doesn't mean there is anything inherently wrong with animal products.
Recently stumbled on a lot of interviews with longevity scientist and researcher David Sinclair. Many on YouTube. He is saying that research is showing that eating less and having longer periods of fasting activate genes that keep us younger and healthier. He is eating a mostly plant based diet. He has been basically eating one decent size meal a day for the past several years and says he feels better and looks younger. Some of the keys being a long period of fasting. Keeping glucose levels as low as possible. Just wondering what some of you thought about his ideas and research if you are familiar with it.
Dr David Sinclair, you be the judge

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching