Thoughts about propecia topical solution

Buy Lab Tests Online

German92

I am planning on getting some hair surgery in September to deal with the hair loss that has increased since I started testosterone and quit propecia.

Had the surgery done once already in 2004. Dr. in Atlanta who did the surgery had me taking topical medicine containing Propecia. Not the pill. A topical medicine in a solution applied to scalp.

When I called Dr today about the surgery they said that may not make sense to get the surgery if I'm not willing to use Propecia topical, because the hair will keep falling out as a result of the testosterone supplementation unless I block the DHT at the follicle

They say that they have not seen the patient side effects with the topical version. And that they don't think it gets into the bloodstream

Question for you is, do you think it would be a problem to try the Propecia topical again In view of my concerns about ED issues (Which have been much improved lately through T cyp and HCG)?

Thanks for any insight you can give me on the hair issue b

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
Last edited:
There are other topical options available which can be effective and do not contain finasteride. Many compounding pharmacies carry various formulas. Here is an article which lists some of these ingredients
http://defymedical.com/resources/health-articles/176-hair-loss-causes-and-treatment

Just like everyone stated, stay away from any form of finasteride. See if your Dr will write for any of these formulas. If not, Dr Crisler or Dr Saya will be able to assist

indydaddy

I have taken finesteride orally daily for over 20 years and never had a problem with ED, libido or difficulty reaching an orgasm. I still have a full head of hair with a horrible family history of male-pattern baldness. A certain percentage of men have always had problems with ED and IMO all this recent uproar that finesteride is the culprit has been caused by attorneys wanting to make money by filing lawsuits. I will continue to take finesteride without any fear.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Although this has not been proven with DHT blockers, some men may have different polymorphisms that may make them protected or susceptible to these compounds. All I can say is that I have met many more men with side effects from Propecia than men like you.

There are other topical options available which can be effective and do not contain finasteride. Many compounding pharmacies carry various formulas. Here is an article which lists some of these ingredients
http://defymedical.com/resources/health-articles/176-hair-loss-causes-and-treatment

Just like everyone stated, stay away from any form of finasteride. See if your Dr will write for any of these formulas. If not, Dr Crisler or Dr Saya will be able to assist
That is a very good article, Jasen.

Have you had any success masking the aroma of spironolactone in topical administeration.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me