Thinking of getting a CPAP machine

Buy Lab Tests Online

Alive

I keep waking up in the middle of the night and a sleep study costs $700 AFTER INSURANCE where I live. A CPAP can be bought for cheaper. I did a home oxymetry and it showed no apnea but I have a genetic disorder which makes my body oxygen deficient. Any suggestions on where to buy one? Preferably somewhere where I can send it back if it wasn't helpful.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

HarryCat2

If you have no apnea it is doubtful that a CPAP machine will improve your oxygenation. Sounds more like you would need to use supplemental oxygen at night.

There are also a lot of other reasons why you could be waking up in the middle of the night. Such as too high or too low cortisol.

But if you really have your heart set on trying CPAP most online retailers will require a prescription from a doctor to dispense one. You could try secondwindcpap.com, I hear that they will sometimes bend the rules a bit.

The other alternative is to get one through Craigslist, Bonanza, or other online markets. If it doens't work out you can try reselling through the same marketplace.

Vince

Super Moderator
If you do want to buy a CPAP machine, I was told by friends to rent one first. After you use it, you can feel which one you're comfortable with. if you don't feel comfortable sleeping with it, you're not going to use it.

Alive

If you have no apnea it is doubtful that a CPAP machine will improve your oxygenation. Sounds more like you would need to use supplemental oxygen at night.

There are also a lot of other reasons why you could be waking up in the middle of the night. Such as too high or too low cortisol.

But if you really have your heart set on trying CPAP most online retailers will require a prescription from a doctor to dispense one. You could try secondwindcpap.com, I hear that they will sometimes bend the rules a bit.

The other alternative is to get one through Craigslist, Bonanza, or other online markets. If it doens't work out you can try reselling through the same marketplace.

Thanks. My cortisol is indeed low. What are the options for oxygen?

Guided_by_Voices

You might try taping your mouth shut when you sleep and see if that helps (H/T Superhumanradio). I have been doing this and it seems to help my sleep and it stops my occasional snoring completely. I use some $4 medical tape. A more sophisticated option is the strips by Somnifix. It sounds weird but mouth breathing is generally unhealthy and I got used to the tape after a couple of minutes. I still wake up at night occasionally but I think that for me has more to do with some sort of blood sugar regulation issue, and I rarely wake up with my mouth taped shut.

captain

CPAP requires it to be setup for person using it. If your oxygen deficient in your sleep you use a oxygen concentrator. If your dropping below 88% your insurance should cover it.

Virilist

Medical lobbyists push for a script for a machine that essentially just keeps your airway open. All it does. Cheap versions (approx2-300$) still in box can be found on Craigslist. Apparently whole ug market fueled by pilots, truckdriver's,etc not wanting the insurance hit/ diagnosis on their medical record.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me