They Want It to Be Secret: How a Common Blood Test Can Cost $11 or Almost $1,000

Buy Lab Tests Online

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
They Want It to Be Secret: How a Common Blood Test Can Cost $11 or Almost $1,000

It’s one of the most common tests in medicine, and it is performed millions of times a year around the country. Should a metabolic blood panel test cost $11 or $952?

Both of these are real, negotiated prices, paid by health insurance companies to laboratories in Jackson, Miss., and El Paso in 2016. New data, analyzing the health insurance claims of 34 million Americans covered by large commercial insurance companies, shows that enormous swings in price for identical services are common in health care. In just one market — Tampa, Fla. — the most expensive blood test costs 40 times as much as the least expensive one.

If you’re a patient seeking a metabolic blood panel, good luck finding out what it will cost. Although hospitals are now required to publish a list of the prices they would like patients to pay for their services, the amounts that medical providers actually agree to accept from insurance companies tend to remain closely held secrets. Some insurance companies provide consumers with tools to help steer them away from the $450 test, but in many cases you won’t know the price your insurance company agreed to until you get the bill. If you have an insurance deductible, a $400 — or even a $200 — bill for a blood test can be an unpleasant surprise.

Only $28 at DiscountedLabs.com

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

MarcoFL

Insurance is just not worth the headache when you can get cost effective labs like this! I also found a mobile phlebotomist for my draws now making it very easy right at home.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Insurance is just not worth the headache when you can get cost effective labs like this! I also found a mobile phlebotomist for my draws now making it very easy right at home.
Can you share the name of the mobile phlebotomy company? Also, do they do home based therapeutic phlebotomies? Thanks

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me