The risks of antidepressants

Buy Lab Tests Online

madman

Super Moderator

11:00-11:34

*leading on from the emotional numbing thing the single commonest thing any of these SSRIs drugs do is to genitally numb people, within 30 minutes of your first pill people will be to some degree genitally numb, a small number will be genitally irritable but for the most part, there is going to be genital numbness

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

robegu

SSRIs are big risk to relationships in part because of the emotional numbing. There is a FB group "Marriages destroyed by SSRIs" where you can read personal experiences and get a lot of information on the psychological dangers of these drugs I will not bore you with my experience. Enough to say they have been disastrous. Once again big pharma controls the spin and its hard to find this information elsewhere.

T

tareload

I will not bore you with my experience.
Bore me...:)

Seriously would love to hear your experience.

You may be interested in this thread:

FunkOdyssey here more sporadically now but I'll keep posting my updates there. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Marcel

Hi

Like I mentioned in previous posts, I've been struggling with depression, ptsd and anxiety for almost 2 decades. It robbed my sleep, joy and its been an uphill battle. I got married, had kids, bought a house had a good job as a first responder and I did it all while struggling with depression, anxiety and ptsd. It really stole a portion of my life. I started seeking treatment 3 years ago after realizing that I couldn't do my job anymore.

I got prescribed antidepressants but I never took them. I've seen what they can do for people (not all) so I refuse to take them. Therapy didn't really do anything.

I do have low test and apparently i had concussions in the past, most likely from years of boxing, kickboxing and wrestling (I didn't do a lot of tournaments but I still would get hit in the head several times a week) I guess the mix between ptsd and the concussions is bad, feels that way. Most days I have headaches, I dont sleep a lot 4 to 6 hours max (6 hours is a good night) I got prescribed trt from 2 different clinics but funny enough I'm still on the fence since I'm worried about sides and dependence. The other issue with trt is that I keep hearing that for some people it doesnt really help with their mental health.

I'm in good physical shape for almost 49, my symptoms are mental, fatigue and libido. I have morning erections but the libido or interest for sex is gone, it's very weird, it's almost like I forget about it or when I go to be I just want to avoid my wife. I can perform just 0 interest.

This stack (1 of many I tried) seems to help a bit with depression:

L theanine 150 mgs
Psilocybin 150 mgs
Alpha gpc 150 mgs
Modafinil 50 mg
Bpc 157 (nasal spray, 2 sprays)

I use this stack Monday, Wednesday and Friday. It helps relieve depression and control anxiety. The afternoons were terrible for me this stack helps me through out the day and on the days I still feel the effects or it. Mental clarity, a bit more focus and task oriented. Overall so far I like it and it works decently. I will change the alpha gpc to choline, I read somewhere that it might cause strokes. I'll find the study.

My sleep, libido problems are still there though. I guess I need to look at testosterone to solve those.

Fortunate

Hi

Like I mentioned in previous posts, I've been struggling with depression, ptsd and anxiety for almost 2 decades. It robbed my sleep, joy and its been an uphill battle. I got married, had kids, bought a house had a good job as a first responder and I did it all while struggling with depression, anxiety and ptsd. It really stole a portion of my life. I started seeking treatment 3 years ago after realizing that I couldn't do my job anymore.

I got prescribed antidepressants but I never took them. I've seen what they can do for people (not all) so I refuse to take them. Therapy didn't really do anything.

I do have low test and apparently i had concussions in the past, most likely from years of boxing, kickboxing and wrestling (I didn't do a lot of tournaments but I still would get hit in the head several times a week) I guess the mix between ptsd and the concussions is bad, feels that way. Most days I have headaches, I dont sleep a lot 4 to 6 hours max (6 hours is a good night) I got prescribed trt from 2 different clinics but funny enough I'm still on the fence since I'm worried about sides and dependence. The other issue with trt is that I keep hearing that for some people it doesnt really help with their mental health.

I'm in good physical shape for almost 49, my symptoms are mental, fatigue and libido. I have morning erections but the libido or interest for sex is gone, it's very weird, it's almost like I forget about it or when I go to be I just want to avoid my wife. I can perform just 0 interest.

L theanine 150 mgs
Psilocybin 150 mgs
Alpha gpc 150 mgs
Modafinil 50 mg

I use this stack Monday, Wednesday and Friday. It helps relieve depression and control anxiety. The afternoons were terrible for me this stack helps me through out the day and on the days I still feel the effects or it. Mental clarity, a bit more focus and task oriented. Overall so far I like it and it works decently. I will change the alpha gpc to choline, I read somewhere that it might cause strokes. I'll find the study.

My sleep, libido problems are still there though. I guess I need to look at testosterone to solve those.
I don’t know much about psilocybin, so I can’t tell from that dose if it’s considered a “microdose“. That said, I do have an interest in learning more about it and I’m curious if you get this above board or do you have to go underground for it?

t_spacemonkey

don't want to steal the SSRI thread (which are garbage), but;
i am curious how modafinil helps anxiety, it somewhat blocks gaba and ramps dopamine. depression - for sure. but in my exp. it can make anxiety worse. can you tell me why nasal BPC? and/or reveal your source. i got bad reactions to subQ BPC, made anxiety worse, but would like to retry.
also, where do you get '150mg psylocybin'?
i would also recommend SAMe + st johns wort for depression. it is very uplifting.
but I feel it is a fine line depression/anxiety, I would definitely look into TRT, might fix all your issues at once

Hi

L theanine 150 mgs
Psilocybin 150 mgs
Alpha gpc 150 mgs
Modafinil 50 mg

Marcel

I don’t know much about psilocybin, so I can’t tell from that dose if it’s considered a “microdose“. That said, I do have an interest in learning more about it and I’m curious if you get this above board or do you have to go underground for it?

I'm in canada so it's a bit easier here. I do get online (underground) but it's a reputable company. I never had any issues. I made a mistake it's not 150, it's 125. I don't really have any hallucinations or see anything at that dose just the colors are brighter and a bit more intense.

Marcel

don't want to steal the SSRI thread (which are garbage), but;
i am curious how modafinil helps anxiety, it somewhat blocks gaba and ramps dopamine. depression - for sure. but in my exp. it can make anxiety worse. can you tell me why nasal BPC? and/or reveal your source. i got bad reactions to subQ BPC, made anxiety worse, but would like to retry.
also, where do you get '150mg psylocybin'?
i would also recommend SAMe + st johns wort for depression. it is very uplifting.
but I feel it is a fine line depression/anxiety, I would definitely look into TRT, might fix all your issues at once

Modafinil seems to boost alertness and a bit of the mental fog and fatigue. I use it more for depression, the most I dose is 75 but go to dose is 50 with the above stack. I think that the l-theanin is helping to keep the anxiety that Modafinil brings.

I got nasal bpc 157 because I wanted to see if it made a difference in the sense of smell (I lost some after covid, like 25% and I couldnt get it back, it has helped a bit) I also read somewhere that it might help with concussions and brain issues administered that way. I can give you the source no problem, not sure if I can post it or not. I can dm it to you if I'm not allowed to post a sources. By the way I have no affiliation with any of these companies or people.

I'm in canada so its a bit easier to get mushrooms here, I'll attach their website in case you live in canada

I tried st John's wort in the past but I didn't do anything, I might try again, Thank you for reminding me. I never tried Sam-e but I'll give it a shot.

I got to be honest this stack has been pretty good so far. I do cycle BPC157 and Modafinil, specially BPC157, Modafinil I use it a bit more regularly but I still take a breaks from it

TLR

I know this is an older thread, however I’ve spent some time looking at threads related to SSRIs, TRT / Anxiety and benzos. I realize everybody has an opinion and we are all different, but I have had anxiety issues since high school. Started having full blown panic attacks in early 20s and was put on Zoloft 50 mg a day….it was a lifesaver, I popped one pill a day and went and kicked ass in a higher stress career field and never paid it another thought.

Fast forward to age 41….got diagnosed with low T (270) with all the symptoms OTHER than ED or lack of libido. After being on T for awhile I noticed an uptick in the anxiety that has consistently gotten worse, to the point the Zoloft did not touch it. Have tried a restart which didn’t work, and numerous other drugs to fix the anxiety, to include dropping my t dose to the 60-80 mg a week range.

Enter Clonazepam. The only thing that works. .5 mg twice a day, and may take another .5 here and there on bad days. I’m still on 10 mg Lexapro just because the doctor said it looks better on him that he’s not just prescribing a benzodiazepine. I initially had some fatigue and a “loopy” feeling, which has largely abated. I’ve never had to increase my dose, and it has remained effective for about 5 years.

I hate hearing these absolute statements about any of these drugs. Just because you didn’t have a good experience, read something about them, or know someone that has, PLEASE don’t out and out discourage someone from trying something under medical supervision that may improve their quality of life.

Charliebizz

I know this is an older thread, however I’ve spent some time looking at threads related to SSRIs, TRT / Anxiety and benzos. I realize everybody has an opinion and we are all different, but I have had anxiety issues since high school. Started having full blown panic attacks in early 20s and was put on Zoloft 50 mg a day….it was a lifesaver, I popped one pill a day and went and kicked ass in a higher stress career field and never paid it another thought.

Fast forward to age 41….got diagnosed with low T (270) with all the symptoms OTHER than ED or lack of libido. After being on T for awhile I noticed an uptick in the anxiety that has consistently gotten worse, to the point the Zoloft did not touch it. Have tried a restart which didn’t work, and numerous other drugs to fix the anxiety, to include dropping my t dose to the 60-80 mg a week range.

Enter Clonazepam. The only thing that works. .5 mg twice a day, and may take another .5 here and there on bad days. I’m still on 10 mg Lexapro just because the doctor said it looks better on him that he’s not just prescribing a benzodiazepine. I initially had some fatigue and a “loopy” feeling, which has largely abated. I’ve never had to increase my dose, and it has remained effective for about 5 years.

I hate hearing these absolute statements about any of these drugs. Just because you didn’t have a good experience, read something about them, or know someone that has, PLEASE don’t out and out discourage someone from trying something under medical supervision that may improve their quality of life.
I also think they start people on too high of a dose. On low dose ssri I’ve had help With low grade and anxiety with no real side effects. Back in my Late teens I had really bad panic attacks. high dose paxil was a life saver. But I had the sexual sides from it. Also don’t forget some of us do need to be numbed a little lol.

t_spacemonkey

I had an amazing exp. on clonazepam. when i started taking it (8y ago) all my anxiety suddenly went away. started working out loosing weight. the problems started to creep in later. it started to cause a paradoxical reaction aside from all the other 'minor' side effects, like having all emotions blunt, memory etc. you need to think long term. go on benzobuddies and read through all the stories there. you might be ok for couple years. tolerance withdrawal WILL eventually set in. you will have to raise the dose. eventually you can't do this either. for many withdrawal is hell and lasts for years where they wish they had their original anxiety back. your doctor is an absolute idiot, and by saying 'it looks better' on him is a major red flag. i'm drug free now for 6 years, and learned to deal with anxiety in different ways. yes, those drugs work, but you will pay a price one day. there is a few which don't have issues. it is a gamble.

Pocketman

Hi

L theanine 150 mgs
Psilocybin 150 mgs
Alpha gpc 150 mgs
Modafinil 50 mg

Modafinil is stimulant often prescribed for narcolepsy. Have you tried Wellbutrin?

TLR

I am missing something. ?? Lexapro did not work but Doc kept it in as cover for the benzo?
Yes….he said just to stay on it because it may still be helping some and that family docs are starting to get scrutinized for prescribing benzos alone for anxiety….I didn’t push back because it’s not like I have any sides from the Lexapro…it just doesn’t work…

TLR

I had an amazing exp. on clonazepam. when i started taking it (8y ago) all my anxiety suddenly went away. started working out loosing weight. the problems started to creep in later. it started to cause a paradoxical reaction aside from all the other 'minor' side effects, like having all emotions blunt, memory etc. you need to think long term. go on benzobuddies and read through all the stories there. you might be ok for couple years. tolerance withdrawal WILL eventually set in. you will have to raise the dose. eventually you can't do this either. for many withdrawal is hell and lasts for years where they wish they had their original anxiety back. your doctor is an absolute idiot, and by saying 'it looks better' on him is a major red flag. i'm drug free now for 6 years, and learned to deal with anxiety in different ways. yes, those drugs work, but you will pay a price one day. there is a few which don't have issues. it is a gamble.
I hear you….I wish like hell I didn’t have to take ANYTHING….but you are talking to a guy that has done CBT, Mindfulness / meditation, tried every OTC / CBD combo, etc. And for me some of those things are very helpful for what I would call “normal” anxiety, tension.

But when the BEAST rears its ugly head (when it wants to, for no particular reason, for as long as it wants to) this is the only thing that is working anymore. I’m at the point where I’ve even developed a weird social anxiety around people I should have no reason to be anxious around, and I’ll be talking and my mind goes blank and I can’t even have a conversation. That has NEVER happened to me before.

I may end up regretting it later, or I may be one of those people I also read about that have been on it for decades and still swear by it. But I was at a point where someone could have told me “you can live 5 more years without ever feeling this way again, or you can live 30 more just like you are” I would have signed the 5 year contract with a smile on my face.

Systemlord

I had an amazing exp. on clonazepam.
I had an insane libido and erectile strength on Clonazepam, which was treating my diabetic hypertension which is why coming off caused so many health problems. Dr. Saya told me that Clonazepam works like Cialis, by relaxing the smooth muscle within the blood vessels.

T

tareload

Yes….he said just to stay on it because it may still be helping some and that family docs are starting to get scrutinized for prescribing benzos alone for anxiety….I didn’t push back because it’s not like I have any sides from the Lexapro…it just doesn’t work…
Gotcha. Thanks for clarifying.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching