The Psychedelic Revolution Is Coming

Buy Lab Tests Online

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com

The Psychedelic Revolution Is Coming. Psychiatry May Never Be the Same.​

Psilocybin and MDMA are poised to be the hottest new therapeutics since Prozac. Universities want in, and so does Wall Street. Some worry a push to loosen access could bring unintended consequences.

It’s been a long, strange trip in the four decades since Rick Doblin, a pioneering psychedelics researcher, dropped his first hit of acid in college and decided to dedicate his life to the healing powers of mind-altering compounds. Even as antidrug campaigns led to the criminalization of Ecstasy, LSD and magic mushrooms, and drove most researchers from the field, Dr. Doblin continued his quixotic crusade with financial help from his parents.

Dr. Doblin’s quest to win mainstream acceptance of psychedelics took a significant leap forward on Monday when the journal Nature Medicine published the results of his lab’s study on MDMA, the club drug popularly known as Ecstasy and Molly. The study, the first Phase 3 clinical trial conducted with psychedelic-assisted therapy, found that MDMA paired with counseling brought marked relief to patients with severe post-traumatic stress disorder.

The results, coming weeks after a New England Journal of Medicine study that highlighted the benefits of treating depression with psilocybin, the psychoactive ingredient in magic mushrooms, have excited scientists, psychotherapists and entrepreneurs in the rapidly expanding field of psychedelic medicine. They say it is only a matter of time before the Food and Drug Administration grants approval for psychoactive compounds to be used therapeutically — for MDMA as soon as 2023, followed by psilocybin a year or two later.

After decades of demonization and criminalization, psychedelic drugs are on the cusp of entering mainstream psychiatry, with profound implications for a field that in recent decades has seen few pharmacological advancements for the treatment of mental disorders and addiction. The need for new therapeutics has gained greater urgency amid a national epidemic of opioid abuse and suicides.

Source: The Psychedelic Revolution Is Coming. Psychiatry May Never Be the Same.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com

MIP1950

Nelson, as I've written in many of my posts, I have treatment resistant rapid cycling/mixed state bipolar illness. Relapsed 17 1/2 years ago after 12 years of relative stability and function. The best 12 years of my life. Though the regulatory signs look encouraging regarding doctors being able to use magic mushrooms, MDMA and even LSD, I fear the federal government and states are going to be restrictive, excluding many. The focus has been on people with PTSD, whether combat related or due to other trauma. I have friends whose lives crashed and burned from bipolar. I have friends who have adult children with severe bipolar. I have friends who have depression. Right now, the only novel treatment available is ketamine. Troches of the drug can compounded with an rx or there's the intranasal version, Esketamine.

Two years is what I've heard for FDA approval for mushrooms and MDMA, IIRC. When you're ill and non-functional, that feels like a lifetime. Many of the atypical antipsychotics have black box warnings because the side effects have the potential to kill a person. 'Psychedelics' have been used for centuries by Native Americans and other indigenous cultures. I trust that, more, than the cumbersome regulatory process.

bixt

Two years is what I've heard for FDA approval for mushrooms and MDMA, IIRC

No guarantees. Im sure you can find a friend of a friend of a friend who uses mushrooms and can hook you up? Try microdosing them. Iv scratched my head before trying to think of solutions for you, but this could be an answer.

And then hows this....

"Mushrooms also contain an antioxidant called ergothioneine. Reduced levels of ergothioneine have been observed in people with mild cognitive impairment (MCI), who also have an increased risk of developing dementia"

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com

BigTex

Here is ore on this subject:

Mitchell JM, Bogenschutz M, Lilienstein A, Harrison C, Kleiman S, Parker-Guilbert K, Ot'alora G M, Garas W, Paleos C, Gorman I, Nicholas C, Mithoefer M, Carlin S, Poulter B, Mithoefer A, Quevedo S, Wells G, Klaire SS, van der Kolk B, Tzarfaty K, Amiaz R, Worthy R, Shannon S, Woolley JD, Marta C, Gelfand Y, Hapke E, Amar S, Wallach Y, Brown R, Hamilton S, Wang JB, Coker A, Matthews R, de Boer A, Yazar-Klosinski B, Emerson A, Doblin R. MDMA-assisted therapy for severe PTSD: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled phase 3 study. Nat Med. 2021 Jun;27(6):1025-1033. doi: 10.1038/s41591-021-01336-3. Epub 2021 May 10. PMID: 33972795; PMCID: PMC8205851.

These data indicate that, compared with manualized therapy with inactive placebo, MDMA-assisted therapy is highly efficacious in individuals with severe PTSD, and treatment is safe and well-tolerated, even in those with comorbidities. We conclude that MDMA-assisted therapy represents a potential breakthrough treatment that merits expedited clinical evaluation.

Attachments

• MDMA-assisted_therapy_for_severe_PTSD_a_randomized.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 39

sammmy

I don't know why but while reading this paper, I instantly started thinking of mind-control brain-washing experiments ...

I can imagine in the not so distant future, citizens not sharing the "right opinions" are made to attend mandatory MDMA sessions to "correct" their point of view LOL

The paper claims MDMA allows the patients to revisit traumatic memories with less fear, meaning they were less critical about what happened and adopted a more neutral point of view. The end result is that the patients internalized the therapeutic point of view with less analytical resistance i.e. MDMA facilitated subconscious suggestions flowing from the therapist to the patient. This sounds like mind-control experiment to me - patients that failed to see the trauma in the desired more neutral light, all of a sudden do it when MDMA was added on ...

As the paper points out, it is still unclear how long the effect of an MDMA session lasts.

BigTex

I remember back in the late 60's and early 70's guys were joining/setting up indian religions in New Mexico and Arizona claiming psilocybin and peyote were part of their religion. Law won't touch freedom of religion issues.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me