The Powerful Effect of Estrogen

Buy Lab Tests Online

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
The following paper was written by my good friend Dr. John Crisler focusing on estrogen, estrogen management, testosterone injection protocols and hormonal balance in men. I highly suggest all members, regardless of your knowledge, to follow and read his work...it's excellent and on point.

The powerful effect of estrogen

Last edited by a moderator:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Good article but he fails to say what "low" or "high" estradiol is. He also fails to mention that "high estradiol symptoms" should not be assumed without an actual sensitive estradiol blood test since water retention, nipple sensitivity, and "moodiness" may have nothing to do with high estradiol. In fact, many men have these symptoms with sensitive estradiol under 40 pg/mL. Decreased cortisol clearance could be implicated in water retention.

There is not one study that has used the sensitive estradiol test to determine what is "high" estradiol while they control for testosterone blood levels and comorbidities. Is a estradiol of 45 pg/ml considered high for a man with testosterone of 1000 ng/dL? How about for a man with 350 ng/dL? Not one study has been done to prove that "high estradiol symptoms" improve with anastrozole. Not one! But doctors use anastrozole following dogma and because of pressure from misinformed patients.

In healthy men, 0.3% of testosterone is aromatized to estradiol in the testicles, liver and fat mass. The higher the T, the higher the E2. Assuming that there is a "high" estradiol level for all men regardless of T level is wrong. This downstream hormone balances and enhances the effect of testosterone specially in lipid control, cognitive function, libido, body composition and bone density. Too many factors to consider before abusing anastrozole!

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
Good article but he fails to say what "low" or "high" estradiol is. He also fails to mention that "high estradiol symptoms" should not be assumed without an actual sensitive estradiol blood test since water retention, nipple sensitivity, and "moodiness" may have nothing to do with high estradiol. In fact, many men have these symptoms with sensitive estradiol under 40 pg/mL. Decreased cortisol clearance could be implicated in water retention.

There is not one study that has used the sensitive estradiol test to determine what is "high" estradiol while they control for testosterone blood levels and comorbidities. Is a estradiol of 45 pg/ml considered high for a man with testosterone of 1000 ng/dL? How about for a man with 350 ng/dL? Not one study has been done to prove that "high estradiol symptoms" improve with anastrozole. Not one! But doctors use anastrozole following dogma and because of pressure from misinformed patients.

In healthy men, 0.3% of testosterone is aromatized to estradiol in the testicles, liver and fat mass. The higher the T, the higher the E2. Assuming that there is a "high" estradiol level for all men regardless of T level is wrong. This downstream hormone balances and enhances the effect of testosterone specially in lipid control, cognitive function, libido, body composition and bone density. Too many factors to consider before abusing anastrozole!

I think he was clear that labs for elevated E2 are not as important as the symptomatic presence of such. He states that if a man has no symptoms whatsoever, and he states what they are, he doesn't treat. Labs only come into play if there are tell tale signs of elevated E2 then he treat s very carefully...that's what I got out of it; besides the fact that two many men are starting out with Testosterone doses far in excess then where they should (i.e. 100mg weekly).

captain

He put me on anastrozole with E2 of 17 and no symptoms whatsoever. I asked what are we doing here E2 is not high and he said it will be. Well it wasn't and has never been high at any T dose. Treating carefully wasn't what I got from him but he may have believed in what he was doing.

Vince

Super Moderator
He put me on anastrozole with E2 of 17 and no symptoms whatsoever. I asked what are we doing here E2 is not high and he said it will be. Well it wasn't and has never been high at any T dose. Treating carefully wasn't what I got from him but he may have believed in what he was doing.
If you're E2 is at 17, no need for an AI.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me