The longer I'm on TRT, the worse I feel. Idk what to do anymore.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Lokop

I started on my trt journey seven years ago. I had cycled steroids for a couple of years, and my system never recovered, so I started on self prescribed TRT. I used to get pharma test e. Whether I used 100 per week or 250, I always felt amazing. Never had gyno, estrogen issues. Sometimes I would use prop instead at 50 EOD. Again, felt amazing with no issues. I self treated for a couple of years and *always* felt good.

Someone convinced me I needed an AI so at this point I started taking aromasin 12.5mg twice per week with my test E. I started feeling terrible. Eventually I dropped the AI and went to 100mg once per week. I felt hypogonadal on this protocol and my trough had me at 330 and 16 E2 when we tested it.

I ran that test when i decided I needed a doctor's help. I signed up for defy. They put me on 140cyp and 800iu HCG per week. Immediately felt even worse. The HCG gave my gyno despite my E2 test being normal, bad enough to warrant surgery which I underwent.

My symptoms are: Low energy, ED, low libido, poor mood, poor confidence, intermittent facial redness, poor sleep.

I tried doses totaling 100-140 per week and just never felt good again. I tried prop from defy but just didn't feel good anymore. Can't handle HCG. Pregnenolone made me a zombie. Small doses of AI crash me. I've had my test everywhere from 650-1000 and my e2 anywhere from 16.7 to 45 and I never seem to find a sweet spot for more than a few days. I've tried everything from EOD injections to once weekly. SHBG is mid 30s, DHEA normal in the 300s. Full thyroid panel is fine. My lifestyle is great, I work out and eat extremely healthy and sleep well when I can.

Prolactin is sort of on the higher end, consistently between 13.5 to 16. Doc wants to try caber as a last resort option to see if the prolactin is what's dragging me down.

I realize you all can't diagnose me here. I know my post was more of a rant than a question but I was hoping that someone else here went through something similar and could give me some guidance or hope or an idea of where to start looking. I really feel like I am getting worse and worse.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

sh1973

I started on my trt journey seven years ago. I had cycled steroids for a couple of years, and my system never recovered, so I started on self prescribed TRT. I used to get pharma test e. Whether I used 100 per week or 250, I always felt amazing. Never had gyno, estrogen issues. Sometimes I would use prop instead at 50 EOD. Again, felt amazing with no issues. I self treated for a couple of years and *always* felt good.

Someone convinced me I needed an AI so at this point I started taking aromasin 12.5mg twice per week with my test E. I started feeling terrible. Eventually I dropped the AI and went to 100mg once per week. I felt hypogonadal on this protocol and my trough had me at 330 and 16 E2 when we tested it.

I ran that test when i decided I needed a doctor's help. I signed up for defy. They put me on 140cyp and 800iu HCG per week. Immediately felt even worse. The HCG gave my gyno despite my E2 test being normal, bad enough to warrant surgery which I underwent.

My symptoms are: Low energy, ED, low libido, poor mood, poor confidence, intermittent facial redness, poor sleep.

I tried doses totaling 100-140 per week and just never felt good again. I tried prop from defy but just didn't feel good anymore. Can't handle HCG. Pregnenolone made me a zombie. Small doses of AI crash me. I've had my test everywhere from 650-1000 and my e2 anywhere from 16.7 to 45 and I never seem to find a sweet spot for more than a few days. I've tried everything from EOD injections to once weekly. SHBG is mid 30s, DHEA normal in the 300s. Full thyroid panel is fine. My lifestyle is great, I work out and eat extremely healthy and sleep well when I can.

Prolactin is sort of on the higher end, consistently between 13.5 to 16. Doc wants to try caber as a last resort option to see if the prolactin is what's dragging me down.

I realize you all can't diagnose me here. I know my post was more of a rant than a question but I was hoping that someone else here went through something similar and could give me some guidance or hope or an idea of where to start looking. I really feel like I am getting worse and worse.

Seems to be a common occurrence and I have experienced most of what you feel over the last nine years. The only thing that has worked for me is cutting my dose to 60mg once weekly t only and no this isn’t a typo. I have shbg in the mid 60s and this low dose is the closest I’ve found to being right. I cannot tolerate any of the ancillary meds as well. Seem with a good number of guys we’re finding less is better. You got nothing to lose at this point.

Lokop

Seems to be a common occurrence and I have experienced most of what you feel over the last nine years. The only thing that has worked for me is cutting my dose to 60mg once weekly t only and no this isn’t a typo. I have shbg in the mid 60s and this low dose is the closest I’ve found to being right. I cannot tolerate any of the ancillary meds as well. Seem with a good number of guys we’re finding less is better. You got nothing to lose at this point.
This is certainly not a suggestion I was expecting. What are your levels like? I know when I go too low I don't feel well and that my skin gets very dry red and acne prone, so I'm a bit scared to try something like that.

sh1973

My trough levels are 650ng and my shbg is double yours. I’m just telling you what worked for me. Been on trt nearly a decade and tried it all other than pellets. I think keeping it simple is best. Also I feel better doing once weekly injections regardless of dose.

Lokop

My trough levels are 650ng and my shbg is double yours. I’m just telling you what worked for me. Been on trt nearly a decade and tried it all other than pellets. I think keeping it simple is best. Also I feel better doing once weekly injections regardless of dose.
Would you say your new approach has resolved all of your issues?

at15

you have fallen into this online trap of doing some weird frequent dosing and using a bunch of other drugs. try simplifying things and not worrying about trt and things should improve.

Lokop

you have fallen into this online trap of doing some weird frequent dosing and using a bunch of other drugs. try simplifying things and not worrying about trt and things should improve.
The thing is, I have these issues even on a simple twice a week t only protocol. How much more can I simplify?

sh1973

For me even splitting the same dose I’m taking now makes me feel like crap. You don’t have low shbg so why not just do once weekly. Sounds like you have nothing to lose.

Lokop

For me even splitting the same dose I’m taking now makes me feel like crap. You don’t have low shbg so why not just do once weekly. Sounds like you have nothing to lose.
I'm willing to try once weekly again. I know that on 100mg once weekly, my trough was 350ish and E2 was 16. If I did a shot on Monday, I only really felt good on a Tuesday and Wednesday. So I need to figure out the right dose to do once per week. Maybe 140?
I know my shbg isn't low, but a few of the guys that seem to do well with once weekly on this forum seem to be in the 50s for shbg. Is 35ish enough to cut it?

Last edited:

sh1973

It should be. I’ve never heard of anyone’s level being that low on 100mg per week. Are you using pharmaceutical grade test? Also are you a really large guy? 100 mg puts my trough at nearly 1000ng seven days after shot.

Lokop

It should be. I’ve never heard of anyone’s level being that low on 100mg per week. Are you using pharmaceutical grade test? Also are you a really large guy? 100 mg puts my trough at nearly 1000ng seven days after shot.
Yes I get my testosterone from Empower pharmacy. I'm 6'4" 205lbs.

sh1973

I only use Pfizer from Walgreens. I tried compounded one for a couple months and definitely felt worse. Honestly I’ve not tried anything compounded that I really care for. Also are you injecting IM or subq

Lokop

I only use Pfizer from Walgreens. I tried compounded one for a couple months and definitely felt worse. Honestly I’ve not tried anything compounded that I really care for. Also are you injecting IM or subq
Interesting, why would compounded be different? I thought it was held to the same standard?
I'm injecting IM. Subq was a disaster for me. Never got my levels up and I felt like terrible.

sh1973

Subq didn’t work for me either. All I can tell
You is my experience with compounded t has not been as good as pharmaceutical in either injectable or topical. With my insurance a 10ml vial is only $10 from Walgreens.

Lokop

Subq didn’t work for me either. All I can tell
You is my experience with compounded t has not been as good as pharmaceutical in either injectable or topical. With my insurance a 10ml vial is only $10 from Walgreens.
I'm out of state for defy so I can't use my local pharmacy. A vial of pharmacy testosterone through empower will cost me around $200, but I'm willing to spend it if there's a possibility of a significant difference.
Edit: come to think of it, I was using Bayer test enanthate when I was self treating and always felt pretty decent.

Last edited:

sh1973

All I can tell you is from my experience with trying both there’s a stark undeniable difference in the way I feel. Defy can write u a scrip for $25 that you can take to your pharmacy unless they stopped doing that. Then you can use a GoodRx coupon.

Lokop

All I can tell you is from my experience with trying both there’s a stark undeniable difference in the way I feel. Defy can write u a scrip for $25 that you can take to your pharmacy unless they stopped doing that. Then you can use a GoodRx coupon.
I'm willing to try it at this point. I asked for a script before and they told me that for out of state patients they are not allowed to but I will call and ask again.

sh1973

I had the same issue with topical when trying a compounded cream. The results with the same dose were substantially different. I’m certainly not bashing compounding pharmacies but in my case I’ve not had a good experience.

Lokop

I had the same issue with topical when trying a compounded cream. The results with the same dose were substantially different. I’m certainly not bashing compounding pharmacies but in my case I’ve not had a good experience.
I called and they won't write me a prescription, but I can get the pharmaceutical test at an inflated cost through empower. I'm going to try that along with a simple dose of once or twice per week for a while to start. I've seen other posts about compounded not feeling as effective but most of the responses brush them off as placebo. Also I have noticed that a lot of guys who feel good use regular docs and are probably getting their medication through the pharmacy. Maybe there's something to it.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me