The Decline In Men's Testosterone

Buy Lab Tests Online

madman

Super Moderator

In this episode of the Maximus Podcast, Dr. Cam interviews Dr. Eugene Shippen. Dr. Eugene has over 50 years of medical experience in endocrinology & family medicine. Dr. Eugene is one of the leading endocrinologists in the US, has been at the forefront of men's health and treating men with low testosterone.

In this episode you will learn about Dr. Eugene's backstory, what he has discovered after 50 years of experience, new treatments for men with low T & what every man should be changing in their lifestyle to get their hormones in order.

Chapters
00:00 Intro
02:54 How Dr. Eugene transitioned into endocrinology
06:00 What is andropause for men
12:00 Is low T common in men and why
15:00 There is no good training in men's health and we need to change that
20:30 Scientific research showing a drop in men's T scores
22:30 How Dr. Eugene became the number one endocrinologist treating men
27:00 What are the functions of Testosterone in the body
30:00 The ratio between testosterone and estrogen
36:30 Why TRT treatments may cause more harm than good
40:00 Testosterone replacement vs optimization
46:00 The differences between Clomiphene vs Enclomiphene
52:00 Zuclomiphene vs Enclomiphene in the Maximus King Protocol
57:00 How do patients feel after taking Enclomiphene
01:00:00 Why a man's T levels are so important
01:06:00 Why hormones are so important for different areas of health
01:09:00 Why lifestyle is more important than just taking drugs
01:11:30 How T levels can help with libido and the difference between ED drugs
01:16:00 How higher T levels increase initiative according to Dr. Eugene
01:18:00 How higher T levels can help with ADHD and dopamine levels
01:19:30 The myths of higher T levels and how testosterone decreases mortality
01:23:00 Why the maximus king protocol is the most innovative treatment to optimize men's testosterone
01:25:30 Why genetics cause hair loss and why androgenic blockers are not the way to go
01:31:00 Outro

34:50-39:05

*One thing I learned was more is not better in other words being high-normal everyone wants to be in the upper tertile of testosterone they want to be the alpha male they wanna have their testosterone at or even above the normal range

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
T

tareload

In this episode of the Maximus Podcast, Dr. Cam interviews Dr. Eugene Shippen. Dr. Eugene has over 50 years of medical experience in endocrinology & family medicine. Dr. Eugene is one of the leading endocrinologists in the US, has been at the forefront of men's health and treating men with low testosterone.

In this episode you will learn about Dr. Eugene's backstory, what he has discovered after 50 years of experience, new treatments for men with low T & what every man should be changing in their lifestyle to get their hormones in order.

Chapters
00:00 Intro
02:54 How Dr. Eugene transitioned into endocrinology
06:00 What is andropause for men
12:00 Is low T common in men and why
15:00 There is no good training in men's health and we need to change that
20:30 Scientific research showing a drop in men's T scores
22:30 How Dr. Eugene became the number one endocrinologist treating men
27:00 What are the functions of Testosterone in the body
30:00 The ratio between testosterone and estrogen
36:30 Why TRT treatments may cause more harm than good
40:00 Testosterone replacement vs optimization
46:00 The differences between Clomiphene vs Enclomiphene
52:00 Zuclomiphene vs Enclomiphene in the Maximus King Protocol
57:00 How do patients feel after taking Enclomiphene
01:00:00 Why a man's T levels are so important
01:06:00 Why hormones are so important for different areas of health
01:09:00 Why lifestyle is more important than just taking drugs
01:11:30 How T levels can help with libido and the difference between ED drugs
01:16:00 How higher T levels increase initiative according to Dr. Eugene
01:18:00 How higher T levels can help with ADHD and dopamine levels
01:19:30 The myths of higher T levels and how testosterone decreases mortality
01:23:00 Why the maximus king protocol is the most innovative treatment to optimize men's testosterone
01:25:30 Why genetics cause hair loss and why androgenic blockers are not the way to go
01:31:00 Outro

34:50-39:05

*One thing I learned was more is not better in other words being high-normal everyone wants to be in the upper tertile of testosterone they want to be the alpha male they wanna have their testosterone at or even above the normal range
Really helps to level set what supraphysiogic T level means at the individual level. Thank you.

But hey, I thought "optimal" means setting your hormones levels to the 102%tile, right?

No worries just go see our buddy Keith or one of Rouzier's "life extension" doctors. Or hilariously, Danny Bossa actually charges dudes for a "consult" on TRT best practice!

I've got Echos from the last 15 years that shows my atria have grown in the last 3 years since I started "TRT". I thought I was conservative and not going above "range". But my atria have grown since starting TRT and even though I am not exceeding "range", if my 18 year old level was 400 ng/dl (like it was at 30) and I am routinely running 1000 ng/dl peak and 600 ng/dl trough then I am still "supra" even if I am in "range". Be careful guys as time will catch up with you!

Last edited by a moderator:

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Some good stuff there:

I don't know of any hormone that's healthier when it's above the normal range.
The normal range is not a normative range for everyone. The normal range has to be individualized. ... Some guys are going to be normal at 450 and abnormally high at 800.

The explanation of the difference between clomiphene and enclomiphene seems weak. He makes it sound like zuclomiphene is just enclomiphene with less control over dosing. In fact zuclomiphene is quite different, activating estrogen receptors rather than blocking them. Per Wikipedia: "Whereas zuclomifene is described as mildly estrogenic, enclomifene is described as antiestrogenic. In accordance, unlike enclomifene, zuclomifene is antigonadotropic due to activation of the estrogen receptor and reduces testosterone levels in men."

goolapsh

Really helps to level set what supraphysiogic T level means at the individual level. Thank you.

But hey, I thought "optimal" means setting your hormones levels to the 102%tile, right?

No worries just go see our buddy Keith or one of Rouzier's "life extension" doctors. Or hilariously, Danny Bossa actually charges dudes for a "consult" on TRT best practice!

I've got Echos from the last 15 years that shows my atria have grown in the last 3 years since I started "TRT". I thought I was conservative and not going above "range". But my atria have grown since starting TRT and even though I am not exceeding "range", if my 18 year old level was 400 ng/dl (like it was at 30) and I am routinely running 1000 ng/dl peak and 600 ng/dl trough then I am still "supra" even if I am in "range". Be careful guys as time will catch up with you!

What is your dose read a lot?do you regret starting trt?

T

tareload

What is your dose read a lot?do you regret starting trt?
I am usually somewhere in the 70 to 100 mg/week of TC range. For the last year I've been inject once weekly.

Do I regret it?

From a health perspective, yeah. My numbers were on the fence and that may be where my body was meant to be.

From a physique standpoint, no.

Is my vanity getting in the way of my long term health? Probably.

goolapsh

I am usually somewhere in the 70 to 100 mg/week of TC range. For the last year I've been inject once weekly.

Do I regret it?

From a health perspective, yeah. My numbers were on the fence and that may be where my body was meant to be.

From a physique standpoint, no.

Is my vanity getting in the way of my long term health? Probably.

Yea I think it will shorten the lifespan of users but to what degree we may never know. Seems like a lot of these trt clinics claim to be helping you but are actually hurting you in the long run.still if the pros outweigh the cons then it may not have been a bad decision for you

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me