The Case Against Antidepressants

Buy Lab Tests Online

Fortunate

This article describes my experience thus far:

View attachment 27165

View attachment 27163
View attachment 27164

Good thing I listened to my Doctor. Now I can enjoy destroying the gym once again and QOL has improved significantly. Knock on wood it has only been a few months.

@Fortunate, @Belekas, @bixt and others who have wondered about TRT/TOT and exaggerated autonomic/inotropic/chronotropic effects...5 mg/day of escitalopram has me handling upping my "TRT" dose from 80 to 100 to 120 mg/week TC/TP mix much better than prior to its use. Probably another thing to watch out for as it may provide a cover to allow some of us sensitive folk to up our dose (more than we need for TRT) for ahem "hobby" purposes.

And full disclosure I am probably just late to the party from years ago about the touted low dose SSRI + TOT mix. Thanks for your patience @FunkOdyssey. It is nice to learn at the knees from someone with so much field experience.

The SSRI did nothing for my depression though which is pretty funny (no primary effect). Maybe made it a little worse. Good thing I learned how to cope with that years ago, and it allows me to lift and enjoy body dysmorphia (which helps with the depression - secondary vs primary effect).

SOLD!

This is interesting. I have been oddly, tolerating a slightly higher dose of enanthate than usual. Not sure why, but I have some theories. After I watch things a little while longer, I’ll post an update. Very glad you are making progress.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Fortunate

Ma

May not do much/anything for depression but sure as sh*t (complex scientific term) works on sympathetic regulation. Vast improvement in this chronic exerciser. Not even close as compared to exercise. But I have made the deal with Satan as my mood and anhedonia have gotten worse. Probably good time to add back in some nandrolone, oxandrolone and stanozolol!

And no one has commented on Rollins' masterpiece. I am disappointed in you all.
Love Henry Rollins. Actually, every time I look at @madman’s avatar, I think of him. I think maybe it’s Henry Rollins in disguise lurking among us!

T

tareload

4 month SSRI update:
Holding steady at 120 mg/week TC/TP blend (4:1). Escitalopram working like a champ with the anxiety and panic. Depression and anhedonia the same. Debating next ramp up on the Test but Hct already at 48-50% on last blood draw.

Last edited by a moderator:

DS3

This is consistent with the idea that something about excessively high or excessively stable levels of T and related hormones is numbing or depressing. The forms of TRT most likely to avoid these symptoms IMO are:

• Low/moderate doses of cypionate or enanthate injected once weekly
  • Low/moderate doses of cream. Once daily application might be preferable to twice daily.
  • Low/moderate doses of propionate injected ED or EOD
  • Jatenzo and similar orals
  • Natesto
I’m not sure how else to say it, but this bit of experiential knowledge goes hard. Rock on

T

tareload

I would not change a thing
That would be a thoughtful approach by a wise man. Gainz greed is a powerful master that torments constantly and patiently.

I used to do a little but a little wouldn't do it
So the little got more and more
I just keep tryna get a little better
Said the little better than before
I used to do a little but a little wouldn't do it
So the little got more and more
I just keep tryna get a little better
Said the little better than before

Stuck it in the middle and I shot it in the middle
And it, it drove outta my mind
I should've known better, said I wish I never met her
Said I leave it all–behind
Yowsa!

T

tareload

Overall I am still net positive but make sure you understand going in the risk vs reward. For someone with many years of experience with emotional blunting it is a tradeoff I am making.

T

tareload

Dropped this week to 2.5 mg/day escitalopram. 10 mg/day seemed to make depression worse. Will try to titrate down to lowest dose and hold on to whatever panic/anxiety improvement I can.

Recent article:

Very nice MM Kinetic workup for a number of ADs:

Example:
1675178295109.png

1675178325955.png

Lots of room to titrate down from typical 10 mg/day. Dial in your brain alteration as you like.

1675178505618.png

Very nice discussion. You should read it. You may learn alot.

1675178664380.png

T

tareload

Nice cheat sheet:

T

tareload

Update after 8 months on escitalopram:

Emotional numbing/pro-depression effect definitely there but the anti-anxiety/panic effect has been tremendous.

Fortunate

@readalot and I have been discussing SSRI's in another thread, so I thought I'd move it over here.

I started sertraline 50mg for four days followed by 100mg for the last few weeks. So far, the biggest challenge has been crushing fatigue in the middle of the day. It starts around 11 AM and persists for a few hours. Dissipates in the afternoon. I am pretty sure it's the SSRI, as I have never had this before.

I do think it has dropped my libido and sensitivity. The upside is that I am able to last more than two seconds, which my wife appreciates!

Charliebizz

Update after 8 months on escitalopram:

Emotional numbing/pro-depression effect definitely there but the anti-anxiety/panic effect has been tremendous.
Did you have depression before ssri ? I’ve actually had more depression since coming off low dose lexapro 3 years ago.

T

tareload

Did you have depression before ssri ? I’ve actually had more depression since coming off low dose lexapro 3 years ago.
Oh yeah, last 25 years at least. Good thing I never tried lexapro to treat it. Now I can use the lexapro to run more Test and cover anxiety while trying to look bigger than a swimmer.

SSRI is big time pro depressant for me. But used to dealing with depression. Anxiety and panic a whole different ballgame for me.

Charliebizz

Oh yeah, last 25 years at least. Good thing I never tried lexapro to treat it. Now I can use the lexapro to run more Test and cover anxiety while trying to look bigger than a swimmer.

SSRI is big time pro depressant for me. But used to dealing with depression. Anxiety and panic a while different ballgame for me.
I’m the opposite. I can deal with the anxiety better than the depression.

before ssri when your trt dose was too high. Did you also get fatigue. That’s my only real issue now if I crank my t up. I get more depression and more fatigue. But I get awesome libido and erections. So weird. I was thinking about going back on ssri. But was also dabbling in pregnenolone since mine is rock bottom.

T

tareload

I’m the opposite. I can deal with the anxiety better than the depression.

before ssri when your trt dose was too high. Did you also get fatigue. That’s my only real issue now if I crank my t up. I get more depression and more fatigue. But I get awesome libido and erections. So weird. I was thinking about going back on ssri. But was also dabbling in pregnenolone since mine is rock bottom.
Yeah I got the fatigue before the SSRI as well. I am just having to slowly come to grips with my poor anabolic drug tolerance.

I wish you the best finding what works for you. It surely is not a linear process for some of us

Fortunate

Yeah I got the fatigue before the SSRI as well. I am just having to slowly come to grips with my poor anabolic drug tolerance.

I wish you the best finding what works for you. It surely is not a linear process for some of us
I'm with you, brother. For reference, see my last 1000 posts!

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me