The boron supremacy

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

DragonBits

But didn't it more than double your E2?

I am not sure you addressed that to me, but it did more than double my E2.

But that was healthy, as my E2 was unmeasurable at below 5 and my TT was between 348-390 at the time. Looking at all my lab results since then, E2 is usually around 3% of TT. So E2 shouldn't have been that low.

As a theory, I suppose you could say if you create a boron deficiency, it will lower your E2 but it might also lower your FT, as FT increased 40% on the same test after taking boron, but TT decreased.

I suspect boron was needed as part of some conversion process in the body.

acslater55

My recent experience with boron.

I did blood tests on 1/5/2018, 2/20/2018 and 4/21/2018. The only thing I changed was taking the boron supplement late February.

The first month I mixed up my own boron from 20 mule team borax, so I was probably taking 7-10 mg daily, since I would take a cap-full of borax concentrate I mixed up. The next month I took 6 mg of boron daily from a supplement, calcium borogluconate.

My SHBG, C-reactive protein, free testosterone, total testosterone levels and PSA levels all changed substantially.

I attached the last two labs. My SHBG likely declined from 42 to 35.9 nmol/L. I say likely because the last time I measured SHBG was in 2015, so I don’t have a good baseline. but it’s the only way to explain the increase in free testosterone. And as I have read, SHBG normally doesn’t change much.

C-reactive protein declined from 3.38 > 2.01, though I don’t have a baseline on c-reactive, these two tests were the only time I measured it.

Free T increased from 5.5 ng/dl > 7.5 ng/dl. I have measured FT numerous times, it has never been as high as 7.5 without either clomid or Nebido. Usually it is around 5.5 ng/dl.

Total Testosterone decreased from 390.01 ng/dl > 348 ng/dl. Not sure why. Question, if more TT is converted to estradiol, does this then mean TT will go down? Or is the change in SHBG the main factor in an increase in estradiol?

Estradiol increased from less than 5.0 pg/mL > 11.1 pg/mL. I do note that the first estradiol test was ECLIA method, the second was sensitive LC/MS/MS version.

PSA decreased from 2.8 > 2.4 ng/mL. This was interesting, I have 4 other measurements for PSA dating back to 1996, there has been a small increase in each test from 2.1 in 1996 to 2.8 in Jan 2018, then a decline to 2.4 ng/dl in 4 months. I think that was the most surprising blood test change.

Anecdotally, I believe I am absorbing magnesium more effectively. When I do 2 sets of 60 abdominal crunches, in the past I would always get some ab cramps when I would stand up. I would have to carefully stretch out my abs to get it to go away. Amazing, I didn’t get any cramps at all this time.

Now I do have a Vitamin D level of 46.1 ng/ml. which is in the middle of the range, a lot of people have low vitamin d. And I do take two types of magnesium, so I have more than adequate intake of magnesium. Serum MG was 2.1 mg/dL (1.6-2.3 mg/dl range).

I mention this because boron works synergistically with calcium, magnesium and Vitamin D. The USDA says boron reduced excretion of calcium by over 40% in the kidneys, and helped activate vitamin D.

So, I suspect that if one does not have adequate levels of Vitamin D or magnesium, or if you take less than 6 mg of Boron, or if you already have adequate blood levels of boron, your results will differ. I can see there are a lot of possible confounding factors.

(FYI, I orders the last blood test in 4/21/2018 to enroll in TRT, and I wasn't really expecting any significant changes. Though I did order tests I never did before, like IGF-1.)

My experience has been that I will always include at least 6 mg of boron in any future supplements.

I did boron for 6 weeks. SHBG dropped from 63.5 to 52.3. Free T went up from 7.38 to 9.2

DragonBits

I did boron for 6 weeks. SHBG dropped from 63.5 to 52.3. Free T went up from 7.38 to 9.2

I mentioned earlier my PSA level dropped a little after taking boron.

Quite recently I ordered LEF Ultra Prostate Formula and noticed it also had 3 mg boron in each capsule, they recommend 2 a day. I was already taking 2 3mg boron caps a day, I cut it out as 12 mg a day, while likely not a problem, is more than I intended to take.

So if anyone takes any sort of multiple like a testos booster or prostate formula, check how much boron they already have in it.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Boron is a dietary mineral which is claimed to increase testosterone when supplemented at doses higher than from food, but research is lacking. It might as a byproduct of its anti-inflammatory effects.

What is it? Previously known as “Boring Boron” (not really, but it certainly wasn’t exciting), boron is a trace mineral that’s not currently classified as an essential nutrient. That doesn’t mean it can’t be beneficial though!

What is it used for? Strengthening bones and boosting testosterone, among other potential uses.

What evidence did we add? We added 9 studies. Boron "might" increase testosterone. But more importantly, there’s some preliminary evidence for its reducing inflammation, including improvements in osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.

JYD21

I think I've been taking too much: 9mg daily. My E2 is on the low side, and I need it to come back up from 17 to 25-35 as that's where I tend to feel 'best' for E2.

I'm not on TRT yet as my labs are midrange and 'look good' for everything, but my libido and motivation have taken a hit lately, with lots of stress, so that's part of it for sure.

Gman86

I think I've been taking too much: 9mg daily. My E2 is on the low side, and I need it to come back up from 17 to 25-35 as that's where I tend to feel 'best' for E2.

I'm not on TRT yet as my labs are midrange and 'look good' for everything, but my libido and motivation have taken a hit lately, with lots of stress, so that's part of it for sure.

So boron lowers E2?

JYD21

Dr. Jorge Flechas, M.D., expert on boron.

So did he say Boron blocks DHT?
Could there be any other reason ur E2 went down other than the boron ur taking?

I don't think so. Unless stress causes E2 to go down like that. I sleep great, eat great, and exercise 4+ days a week, weightlifting for maintenance, nothing crazy.

I don't take any other supplement everyday. Usually 5/2 for everything like D3, K2, magnesium, Zinc, C, etc.

I am thinking possibly try a low dose DHEA and pregnenolone and maybe drop boron to 3 or 6mg per day. Then I want to get an updated bloodtest from DiscountedLabs.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me