Testosterone vs. Weight Loss Surgery

Buy Lab Tests Online

Jinzang

This is a news report on a presentation at the European and International Conference on Obesity. The research was funded by Bayer, who sells Nebido, the form of testosterone used in this study.

The researchers collected data since 2004 of 471 men with functional hypogonadism, or low testosterone production, and obesity from a German urological practice.

Around 58% of the men received an injection of testosterone every 3 months for the duration of the study, while the remainder chose not to have the treatment and therefore acted as controls. The average age of the participants was 61.57.

Medical staff administered and documented all injections at a doctor’s office, which assures that all participants received the treatment in a consistent manner. No participants dropped out of the study.

The men who received testosterone lost on average 23 kilograms (kg) (equivalent to 20% body weight) during the study period, while those who did not receive treatment gained an average of 6 kg.

Body mass index (BMI) correspondingly decreased by an average of 7.6 points in those who received testosterone therapy, compared with an increase of 2 points in the control group.

Waist circumference, which is a risk factor for cardiometabolic disease, decreased by an average of 13 centimeters (cm) in the treatment group, compared with a 7 cm increase in the control group.

The testosterone-treated men also had less internal (visceral) fat by the end of the study period. They may have had a lower risk of cardiovascular disease than those who did not receive treatment.

Overall, 28% of men in the control group had a heart attack, and 27.2% had a stroke during the study period. There were no major cardiovascular events in the men who received testosterone therapy.

Likewise, while more than 20% of the control group developed type 2 diabetes during the study period, nobody in the treatment group developed the condition.

The researchers also presented data specific to men who were eligible for bariatric surgery. This is a surgical treatment for obesity, which encompasses gastric band, gastric bypass, and gastric sleeve surgery.

Although bariatric surgery is a proven means of achieving weight loss, there are serious risks associated with the surgery, which does not always have positive outcomes.

This part of the study included 76 men with class 3 obesity (a BMI of 40 or above), making them eligible for bariatric surgery. Of these, 59 received testosterone treatment and lost 30 kg on average.

The BMI of the men also reduced by an average of 10 points, which could be enough to take them out of the highest obesity class, provided their BMI was less than 50 to begin with.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Jinzang

It's a common practice outside of the United States to give an injection of 1000 mg of testosterone undecanoate in the doctor's office every three months. That's the equivalent of 77 mg a week. A low dose, but not ridiculously low. The half life of test u is about 7-8 weeks.

DragonBits

It's a common practice outside of the United States to give an injection of 1000 mg of testosterone undecanoate in the doctor's office every three months. That's the equivalent of 77 mg a week. A low dose, but not ridiculously low. The half life of test u is about 7-8 weeks.

I am curious how you came up with 77 mgs a week?

At first, I thought perhaps you divided 1000 mg / 12 (weeks) but that is 83.3.

claire124

I have a lot of testosterone in my organism and I was advised to make it low. Because of the excess of testosterone I have extra weight and my hormones and I also have hormonal inbalance.

mushroom13

Unfortunately, obesity is the scourge of the modern world. But honestly, I wouldn't advise you to take any drugs, even vitamines, without a qualified consultation. For example, recently, I had problems with excessive hair growth. I thought that possibly my organism is very healthy because I consume a lot of vitamins. But it turned out that this is a metabolic disorder, and it can and should be treated. So, I searched on the internet for some advice and help. Finally, I found an exciting service Prescription Doctor - Online Pharmacy, UK Meds, Prescriptions Service that I liked a lot. They ask you some questions, and their doctor selects the drugs that are right for you and writes out a prescription, which is redirected to the pharmacy. The delivery brings you your order the next day. This way, you get all 3 types of services in one place is very convenient.

Last edited:

esmariakrider

The testosterone manufacturer funded the research, so there is no surprise it shows what they need. On the other hand, I think testosterone injections are still better than surgery.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me