How to Treat Acne Caused by Testosterone Therapy

Buy Lab Tests Online
Status
Not open for further replies.
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Im now using Head & Shoulders with 1% Pyrithione Zinc as a full body wash after reading about Zinc and many others using H&S for the treatment of stubborn bacne. I'm only two days in but will update.

FabFred

Im now using Head & Shoulders with 1% Pyrithione Zinc as a full body wash after reading about Zinc and many others using H&S for the treatment of stubborn bacne. I'm only two days in but will update.

Does this work? Looking for body wash to help with slight acne

I had better luck with Selsun Blue and the selenium ingredient in it. I think that and getting me Estrogens undercontrol has done the trick to where I'm largely under control now with just minor nuisances.

CoastWatcher

Does this work? Looking for body wash to help with slight acne
You can consider Nizoral shampoo as well. Problem is, if you live in the States the strongest concentration, 2%, is only available by prescription. You can buy a 1% otc. I use the 2% here in Canada and it does a good job.

Jinzang

I've found that my acne flare ups are tied to consumption of dairy. No diary, no acne. If I consume dairy, three or four days later I'll have an acne flare up. I'm not the only one to make this connection. Here's an interview with a dermatologist on the connection.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
This is the most popular antibiotic for acne. Look at how many more benefits it may have!

Source: Minocycline: far beyond an antibiotic

"These findings specifically concern to minocycline as it has recently been found to have multiple non-antibiotic biological effects that are beneficial in experimental models of various diseases with an inflammatory basis, including dermatitis, periodontitis, atherosclerosis and autoimmune disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis and inflammatory bowel disease. Of note, minocycline has also emerged as the most effective tetracycline derivative at providing neuroprotection. This effect has been confirmed in experimental models of ischaemia, traumatic brain injury and neuropathic pain, and of several neurodegenerative conditions including Parkinson's disease, Huntington's disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, Alzheimer's disease, multiple sclerosis and spinal cord injury. Moreover, other pre-clinical studies have shown its ability to inhibit malignant cell growth and activation and replication of human immunodeficiency virus, and to prevent bone resorption. Considering the above-mentioned findings, this review will cover the most important topics in the pharmacology of minocycline to date, supporting its evaluation as a new therapeutic approach for many of the diseases described herein"

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
J Clin Aesthet Dermatol. 2018 Sep;11(9):37-41. Epub 2018 Sep 1.
Continuous Dark Chocolate Consumption Affects Human Facial Skin Surface by Stimulating Corneocyte Desquamation and Promoting Bacterial Colonization.

Abstract
Background: Nutrition can influence skin health. Dark chocolate possesses health promoting properties, but its consumption can exacerbate acne vulgaris in young people. Objective: We evaluated effects of continuous dark chocolate intake on morphological characteristics of the residual skin surface components (RSSCs) collected from the facial skin of young and middle-aged men. Methods: RSSC samples were taken from 17 young and 16 middle-aged men before and after a four-week consumption period of dark chocolate (10g per day). Lipid droplet size, corneocyte desquamation, and microbial presence levels were measured in the collected RSSC. The project was registered as ISRCTN89815519 in the ISRCTN registry (ISRCTN Registry). Results: Chocolate consumption caused a significant increase in corneocyte desquamation only in the group of young men, whereas Gram-positive microorganism presence significantly increased in both the young and middle-aged men, though this effect was noticeably stronger in the young men. Conclusion: Dark chocolate consumption appears to affect the facial skin of young men by enhancing corneocyte desquamation and promoting bacterial colonization of the RSSC. These changes might potentially contribute to acne development.
KEYWORDS:
Acne vulgaris; corneocyte desquamation; dietary chocolate; facial epidermis; microbial presence

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel