Testosterone Replacement After Prostate Cancer

Buy Lab Tests Online

Arturo

I am a 75 year old male. Originally diagnosed in 2011 and given a robotic prostatectomy, my cancer returned in 2016 and was treated with 40 radiation bouts and two 3 month worth shots of Lupron. The latter killed all my testosterone and it never returned to its previous level. With Low Testosterone (129), I incurred a compression fracture in my spine, a kyphoplasty healing the break. At this point Testosterone Replacement has been recommended and I was given "the Testosterone challenge" (a shot of Testosterone followed by blood work 2 1/2 weeks later. My Testosterone was 1750! My PSA remained undetectable and my doctor is recommending I begin Testosterone Replacement. I was warned that Low Testosterone is a precursor to diabetes, osteoporosis and severe cardiac events. However, cardiac issues can also occur with an increase in red blood cells as a result of T replacement. I am reluctant to begin the daily lifelong regimen that using Androgel requires for multiple reasons. Is anyone else on this forum grappling with similar issues? I would appreciate dialoguing with other men facing the challenges involved in beginning T replacement.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Arturo

Thank you Nelson and Wilson for responding to my concerns over starting Testosterone Replacement with Androgel, something that I must apply every day for the rest of my life "to avoid a major cardiac event, osteoporosis or diabetes." I will study the articles sent and listen to the lecture hoping to come closer to a decision as to whether or not to embark on this journey, something which could be quite time consuming at my age.

Wilson7

Thank you Nelson and Wilson for responding to my concerns over starting Testosterone Replacement with Androgel, something that I must apply every day for the rest of my life "to avoid a major cardiac event, osteoporosis or diabetes." I will study the articles sent and listen to the lecture hoping to come closer to a decision as to whether or not to embark on this journey, something which could be quite time consuming at my age.
Gels take about 1 minute to apply if that, the half life is short and you could stop anytime should your PSA start to go up or HCT rises and you are not comfortable with it. It is not like a pellet or even injection with a long half life. If your doctor is comfortable with it, and insurance will cover it, it is worth a shot for QOL if it isn't helping, stop. As I'm finding with advancing age, death isn't the concern, living with a declining QOL is.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me