Testosterone Mythology Debunked

Buy Lab Tests Online

madman

Super Moderator

We live in a polemic world of clashing misinformation. Especially about hormones. Including testosterone.

Too many men are taken off Testosterone (T) if they get a diagnosis of prostate cancer or heart disease even though the science shows otherwise. Today’s interview is with Dr. Abraham Morgentaler, Harvard urologist and world expert on Testosterone, who has done much of this science.

This is a must-hear conversation on hormones and health that you will want to share with your physicians and patients.

Dr. Abraham Morgentaler

Abraham Morgentaler, MD is an international authority on men’s health and a pioneer in the treatment of testosterone deficiency in men. Dr. Morgentaler’s research is credited with reversing the decades-old belief that testosterone therapy is risky for prostate cancer.

In this show you will learn:

That T does NOT drive prostate cancer.

How this myth started and has incorrectly affected medicine for 80 years.

The known and unknown symptoms of low T.

• The issue with just looking at total testosterone and why you must run “free testosterone” and also “SHBG”.

What do lizards and men have in common?

The unappreciated role of hormones in overall health and why so often our doctors don’t realize this or take this into consideration when treating us.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

goolapsh

We live in a polemic world of clashing misinformation. Especially about hormones. Including testosterone.

Too many men are taken off Testosterone (T) if they get a diagnosis of prostate cancer or heart disease even though the science shows otherwise. Today’s interview is with Dr. Abraham Morgentaler, Harvard urologist and world expert on Testosterone, who has done much of this science.

This is a must-hear conversation on hormones and health that you will want to share with your physicians and patients.

Dr. Abraham Morgentaler

Abraham Morgentaler, MD is an international authority on men’s health and a pioneer in the treatment of testosterone deficiency in men. Dr. Morgentaler’s research is credited with reversing the decades-old belief that testosterone therapy is risky for prostate cancer.

T is not all good. There are still lots of unknown, long-term risks, and I would still argue prostate cancer is up in the air, regardless of what current research shows. Also, you will more than likely live a shorter life if on test for many years according to disposable soma theory, which is largely accepted by the anti aging community. So there is some good and equally some not so good, like anything in life, you have to balance risk/reward with what fits for your lifestyle.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
...Also, you will more than likely live a shorter life if on test for many years according to disposable soma theory, which is largely accepted by the anti aging community. ...
Not exactly. "Although many models, both animal and human, have appeared to support this theory, parts of it are still controversial. Specifically, while the evolutionary trade-off between growth and aging has been well established, the relationship between reproduction and aging is still without scientific consensus, and the cellular mechanisms largely undiscovered."[R]

Other criticism of the theory here.

Jay-Jay

Huge thanks for posting this interview. I just turned 79, been on TRT for 10 years and it has been a life-changer for me and I give TRT credit for the very high quality of life I have and have had these last 10 years.
At the moment, I'm dealing with a new PCP (1 year) who thinks I should come off TRT because due to an "increased CV disease risk", dispite what the urologist says. It will never happen. This interview and Dr. Morgantaler's articles are exactly what I need.

jobshopper

Dr. Abraham Morgentaler

Excellent... a must watch... two thumbs up!!

jobshopper

T is not all good. There are still lots of unknown, long-term risks, and I would still argue prostate cancer is up in the air, regardless of what current research shows. Also, you will more than likely live a shorter life if on test for many years according to disposable soma theory, which is largely accepted by the anti aging community. So there is some good and equally some not so good, like anything in life, you have to balance risk/reward with what fits for your lifestyle.
I will take a shorter life with a higher quality over a longer life devoid of quality!! IMHO

madman

Super Moderator
Huge thanks for posting this interview. I just turned 79, been on TRT for 10 years and it has been a life-changer for me and I give TRT credit for the very high quality of life I have and have had these last 10 years.
At the moment, I'm dealing with a new PCP (1 year) who thinks I should come off TRT because due to an "increased CV disease risk", dispite what the urologist says. It will never happen. This interview and Dr. Morgantaler's articles are exactly what I need.

post #9/10/12/13

Cooper

At the moment, I'm dealing with a new PCP (1 year) who thinks I should come off TRT because due to an "increased CV disease risk", dispite what the urologist says. It will never happen. This interview and Dr. Morgantaler's articles are exactly what I need.I
Injections, cream ....? what has been your protocol?

Rabbit91476

Your 79. And they want to take away your quality of life booster.

MIP1950

We're almost a quarter of the way into the 21st century and testosterone is still 'controversial' with some clueless, incompetent, mediocre doctors! My urologist and I were once discussing some testosterone myths and he told me the cardiologist of one of his patients told him to stay on testosterone because it improves cardiac function.

Your PCP is an example of a physician who is likely to ruin someone's quality of life, or even kill them, because that doctor in ignorant. Make his life miserable; file a complaint with the medical licensing board in your state and submit articles by Dr. Morgantaler and other knowledgeable researchers/physicians who prescribe testosterone. Your primary will have to respond to the complaint.

Jay-Jay

We're almost a quarter of the way into the 21st century and testosterone is still 'controversial' with some clueless, incompetent, mediocre doctors! My urologist and I were once discussing some testosterone myths and he told me the cardiologist of one of his patients told him to stay on testosterone because it improves cardiac function.

Your PCP is an example of a physician who is likely to ruin someone's quality of life, or even kill them, because that doctor in ignorant. Make his life miserable; file a complaint with the medical licensing board in your state and submit articles by Dr. Morgantaler and other knowledgeable researchers/physicians who prescribe testosterone. Your primary will have to respond to the complaint.
You're absolutely right. I've recently learned that not only does TRT not increase CV event risk, as my urologist told me last week, taking me off TRT after many years and at my age would significantly increase the risk of a CV event.

Even though my health is excellent, I'm aware that I've surpassed the average life expectancy of a U.S. male and I fear being hospitalized for something unrelated to TRT, and the TRT being discontinued (forgotten) in the hospital.

I have one of Dr. Morgantaler's articles ready for my next PCP visit. If the doc does not respond favorably, I'll have to find a new PCP.

MIP1950

You're absolutely right. I've recently learned that not only does TRT not increase CV event risk, as my urologist told me last week, taking me off TRT after many years and at my age would significantly increase the risk of a CV event.

Even though my health is excellent, I'm aware that I've surpassed the average life expectancy of a U.S. male and I fear being hospitalized for something unrelated to TRT, and the TRT being discontinued (forgotten) in the hospital.

I have one of Dr. Morgantaler's articles ready for my next PCP visit. If the doc does not respond favorably, I'll have to find a new PCP.
That's it. Shop with your feet. We 'hire' a doctor and we can fire them. I'm 71, with health problems, most related to bipolar illness, but fortunately, I'm still physically strong. I know testosterone is helping me in that regard.

Rabbit91476

Last year a 40 year old male patient contracted covid. Was hospitalized and his testosterone was not give. I asked the doctor why. She gave a long drawn out answer. That essentially said. “. We don’t know what effect covid will have on his endocrine system when testosterone is involved. And he will be fine and can resume in discharge.” I assume he made it home he was downgrade from my floor a few days later.

xcpatr922

That's it. Shop with your feet. We 'hire' a doctor and we can fire them. I'm 71, with health problems, most related to bipolar illness, but fortunately, I'm still physically strong. I know testosterone is helping me in that regard.
I'm also tired of doctor that wants you to be the living sick or ED-castrated-like individual so they can give you more SSRI or Xanax. It's endless frustration with many doctors especially PCP. Even for dietary they ask folks to eat grains.......in 2021.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me