Testosterone Expiration for opened vials

Buy Lab Tests Online

BillyJ03z

What's the opinion on Testosterone shelf life for opened vials.... ?

I was thinking of giving Test Prop a try again and have 90-95% full vial from Empower that was opened about 13-14 months ago....(it was stored in dark, dry place, the color and consistency still looks like new).

Any thoughts?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
T

tareload

Really trying to hold back and not ask you if you have ever used the search function or look at a thread 3 down from your brand new one. :)

T

tareload

Yes this thread is in the thread I shared.

You are a kind kind man Nelson.

Enjoy @BillyJ03z

BillyJ03z

Thanks Nelson Vergel !

@readalot I have Empower Test vials and I have no labels indicating 28 day usage as past labels and/other brands have previously stated... (further, no one in the TRT game ever paid attention to the 28 day rule for obvious reasons anyway) In fact the beyond usage date is a full year after compounding for the Cyp/Prop vial and 8 months for the Prop vial... My question was more or less concerning Empower brand vials specifically, which is the reason that when I "searched" I didn't find any thread specific to my question and the threads that I did read such as the many comments like yours which were along the lines of "I tried an old vial and nothing bad happened" doesn't cut it ..... Don't be an Ass Napkin.

T

tareload

Thanks Nelson Vergel !

@readalot I have Empower Test vials and I have no labels indicating 28 day usage as past labels and/other brands have previously stated... (further, no one in the TRT game ever paid attention to the 28 day rule for obvious reasons anyway) In fact the beyond usage date is a full year after compounding for the Cyp/Prop vial and 8 months for the Prop vial... My question was more or less concerning Empower brand vials specifically, which is the reason that when I "searched" I didn't find any thread specific to my question and the threads that I did read such as the many comments like yours which were along the lines of "I tried an old vial and nothing bad happened" doesn't cut it ..... Don't be an Ass Napkin.

Nothing in the thread above was helpful to you? The posts in the threads I shared only cover the 28 day issue? Nothing else pertinent to your question? Why do I get the feeling you didn't read them. Take a look at the ingredients on your vial. Post a pic. Now read these comments since it doesn't seem to have sunk in. What does Empower put in their testosterone injectables besides testosterone ester and grapeseed oil?

To reassure you, I am still working on a 10 mL bottle that I opened on 2/15/2020. With proper aseptic technique (wipe top of vial with ethanol/isopropanol wipe and careful how you handle needle/syringe) and given the contents of the vial [testosterone cypionate, benzyl alcohol, benzyl benzoate, and cottonseed oil], you will be just fine!

Testosterone Cypionate, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, and Cottonseed Oil], you'll be fine!
How are you, the one you use from pfizer has all those components?

Well here's a little anecdote. Was having massive anxiety off TRT and played around with troches for a few weeks to try pulsing T. Quite a half assed attempt if I am being critical. In the ER twice with panic attacks and exercise intolerance. Not fun.

So I am on week 3 back on T Cyp. Now I could have opened a new vial but I still had more than half of a 10 ml vial I opened in Oct 2021. I had quit using this vial in Feb 2022 when I stopped TRT. So I went back and started using this vial again. No issues.

Now I am not recommending you use a 9 month old vial (elapsed duration since first draw) but just wanted to share that the pharma TC vial (TC+BA+BB in cottonseed oil) with proper aseptic technique can last for quite a while. FYI.

Read harder. I would be fine injecting given the example you posed. I am not you. Good luck and you are welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

tareload

Don't be an Ass Napkin.

Use in health care​

Benzyl alcohol is used as a bacteriostatic preservative at low concentration in intravenous medications, cosmetics, and topical drugs.[11] Some caution is necessary if a high percent of Benzyl alcohol is used as benzaldehyde arises from benzyl alcohol when used as preservative in an injectable formulation solution. [11][12]

Benzyl alcohol, sold under the brand name Ulesfia, was approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2009, as a 5% solution for the treatment of head lice in people 6 months of age and older.[13] It affects the louse's spiracles, preventing them from closing.[13] These then become clogged with water or mineral oil or other matter and cause the insect to die from asphyxiation.[13]

Benzyl alcohol is used effectively for treating lice infestations as the active ingredient in lotion shampoo with 5% benzyl alcohol.[13]

BillyJ03z

@readalot you're not reinventing the wheel here and/or telling me any information that I didn't already know... benzyl alcohol, benzyl benzoate is standard in most Test compounds.... and the safety of the injection is just one part of the question... the other bigger part of the question is Testosterone degradation over time (even a few mg's of degradation can throw a whole trt protocol off).. can you answer this factually and not speculative? Some of us don't have time to play around and guess the amounts we are injecting and the threads I found are mostly subjective and a few anecdotal...

T

tareload

Some of us don't have time to play around and guess the amounts we are injecting
Great. Send a sample of your vial contents for HPLC testing at a reputable analytical chemistry lab. Your question borders on, no actually is, ridiculous. You want someone on this board to tell you definitively what's in your 13 month old vial? That's funny.

What do you think the error is in such a method? Do you think it will be able to pick up a few mg of degradation (it that vial 197 mg/ml or 200 mg/ml?)?

Abstract​

A high-performance liquid chromatography assay method for the quantitation of testosterone-cypionate-in-oil injection has been developed. The assay method is very simple, accurate and precise, with a percent relative standard deviation of 1.2 based on five readings. The extraction procedure is very simple compared with a very tedious and time-consuming procedure given in the United States Pharmacopoeia/National Formulary. The USP-NF assay method is based on gas chromatography. The benzyl alcohol (preservative) did not interfere with the assay preocedure. The newly developed method could not be applied to the quantitation of testosterone enanthate since the results were consistently low (-87%). The average recovery of testosterone cypionate from a commercial dosage form was 98.7%.

Thumbs down. Infantile.

T

tareload

Good read since OP is asking for extreme analytical accuracy with for no money. Evidently I am the only person that has the time.

See section 49. I know, not 13 months. You'll just have to take the accelerated aging data and do the math.

1674756112036.png

1674757130780.png

BillyJ03z

Great. Send a sample of your vial contents for HPLC testing at a reputable analytical chemistry lab. Your question borders on, no actually is, ridiculous. You want someone on this board to tell you definitively what's in your 13 month old vial? That's funny.

What do you think the error is in such a method? Do you think it will be able to pick up a few mg of degradation (it that vial 197 mg/ml or 200 mg/ml?)?

Thumbs down. Infantile.
For someone with the name "readalot", you have to be the biggest idiot on here as you clearly have no idea of ascertaining/discerning factual information opposed to anecdotal. And you seem to have a lot of time of cutting snippets of comments out of context and then trying to respond to them in some idiotic way. NO where did I ask anyone empirical factual information... I only posed that question to you since you seem to think you have all the answers... or ahem all the links.. lmao

And what's even more idiotic is that you think you need to send a vial in for testing, when the easier way is to find out if someone may have already used old vials at previous dosages and had their levels tested. Obviously, if the test levels came back almost the same as a fresh test vial then it would stand to reason there was minimal if to no degradation.

But I digress, I'll just go by all your previous similar comments in the threads of "I used an old vial and nothing bad happened"... Gtfoh lmao

PS- Why do I get the mental picture that you look like DJ Qualls??? lmao

T

tareload

For someone with the name "readalot", you have to be the biggest idiot on here as you clearly have no idea of ascertaining/discerning factual information opposed to anecdotal. And you seem to have a lot of time of cutting snippets of comments out of context and then trying to respond to them in some idiotic way. NO where did I ask anyone empirical factual information... I only posed that question to you since you seem to think you have all the answers... or ahem all the links.. lmao

And what's even more idiotic is that you think you need to send a vial in for testing, when the easier way is to find out if someone may have already used old vials at previous dosages and had their levels tested. Obviously, if the test levels came back almost the same as a fresh test vial then it would stand to reason there was minimal if to no degradation.

But I digress, I'll just go by all your previous similar comments in the threads of "I used an old vial and nothing bad happened"... Gtfoh lmao
Next I'll post all my blood work for you from all those experiments. You are one entitled dude. Mr mg-level accuracy. Your comments above make you a moron. Have a great day.

T

tareload

the other bigger part of the question is Testosterone degradation over time (even a few mg's of degradation can throw a whole trt protocol off)..

when the easier way is to find out if someone may have already used old vials at previous dosages and had their levels tested. Obviously, if the test levels came back almost the same as a fresh test vial then it would stand to reason there was minimal if to no degradation.

LMAO indeed. I bow to your intellectual superiority on all things pharmacokinetics, analytical chemistry, and "science".

BillyJ03z

LMAO indeed. I bow to your intellectual superiority on all things pharmacokinetics, analytical chemistry, and "science".

Nah, I think all of us on this forum would benefit greatly just by using your tried and true method/comments of "I tried it and nothing bad happened!" lmao

..... but have fun the rest of the way posting memes and answering yourself from here on out! lol

T

tareload

Nah, I think all of us on this forum would benefit greatly just by using your tried and true method/comments of "I tried it and nothing bad happened!" lmao

..... but have fun the rest of the way posting memes and answering yourself from here on out! lol
Thanks. A better approach would be to ask me the difference in blood work over the various time points if you wanted to use this inexact method assuming I had used the same protocol and testing strategy relative to injection time. But nah...

BTW, I don't like your suggested approach. Study up on propagation of error there!

T

tareload

BTW, I am sorry I wasn't very nice to you. It was not necessary. My relevant experience would indicate minimum decomposition of the testosterone under cool dark conditions. Supported but not definitive by blood work as you mention.

I apologize. I should be more patient and compassionate like Nelson.

BillyJ03z

BTW, I am sorry I wasn't very nice to you. It was not necessary. My relevant experience would indicate minimum decomposition of the testosterone under cool dark conditions. Supported but not definitive by blood work as you mention.
No worries.... I should have clarified initial question more towards the Efficacy... I apologize as well.....

T

tareload

No worries.... I should have clarified initial question more towards the Efficacy... I apologize as well.....
Thanks. I would be slightly concerned/curious with room temp shelf life of the Grapeseed oil (rancidity with minor oxygen exposure) as my oldest opened vial was about 9 months. Test cyp should be rock solid and bacterial growth is very slim.

Peace Brother @BillyJ03z

BTW, I did laugh at that pic you posted above lol.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me