Testosterone Cypionate Losing Potency?

Buy Lab Tests Online

JRos895

I am nervous my T-cypionate is losing potency based on how I am injecting.

I’ve been using insulin syringes to both draw and inject testosterone. Since it is hard to draw up the testosterone with the insulin syringe, I generally pull my plunger back much higher than my intended dose (to .4 rather than .2 for example), so as to create greater pressure pulling downward. I then push back a good deal of testosterone back into the vial when I push back up to .2. Could this disturb the testosterone and reduce its potency?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
I think most everyone draws a little beyond the desired amount and then pushes some back in. I have to do that in order to get rid of the little bubbles at the top. Do you inject the same volume of air into the vial first that you are going to withdraw as oil? That makes drawing easier.

Vince

Super Moderator
I inject air into the vial first. Then pull way back way back on the syringe. When I think I have plenty of testosterone in the syringe. I'll push testosterone out till I get to my level. When the vial is new, I'll inject extra air into into the vial so it's easier to get the testosterone out.

JRos895

This is good to know. Thank you both for your input. It sounds like I’m just being paranoid because I have recently felt off. I’d imagine for HCG injections, that the above technique may hurt the potency but doesn’t seem like it’s the same for the T.

Do you guys use a withdrawal needle or just use one needle for withdrawing and injecting?

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
It seems like almost everyone now is using insulin syringes, drawing and injecting with the same needle, either shallow IM or subq. I use ridiculous tiny 30G 1/2" needles because I was paranoid about scar tissue. They draw slowly but I don't mind. 3/10 cc for better precision with daily injections.

madman

Super Moderator
I am nervous my T-cypionate is losing potency based on how I am injecting.

I’ve been using insulin syringes to both draw and inject testosterone. Since it is hard to draw up the testosterone with the insulin syringe, I generally pull my plunger back much higher than my intended dose (to .4 rather than .2 for example), so as to create greater pressure pulling downward. I then push back a good deal of testosterone back into the vial when I push back up to .2. Could this disturb the testosterone and reduce its potency?

One of the main advantages of using an LDS fixed insulin syringe for trt is that there will be minimal waste of medication due to low-dead space let alone you draw/inject using the same needle (fixed).

Whether one is injecting strictly sub-q or shallow IM most are using LDS fixed insulin syringes 27-31G various needle lengths 1/4"(6MM), 5/16"(8MM), 1/2"(12.7MM).

Numerous benefits of using an LDS fixed insulin syringe as injections are virtually pain-free, minimal trauma to the tissue, minimizing any waste of medication, easier for many to measure accurate doses when injecting lower volumes and you can draw/inject using the same needle to boot.

“Fixed insulin type syringes have no void space at the point where the needle joins the syringe, and so are known as Low Dead Space Syringes, which is sometimes abbreviated in the literature to LDSS. They are made like this so that the full accurate dose is delivered, and there is no waste”

Your injection technique has absolutely nothing to do with reducing the potency of the esterified T.

Some even have a bad habit of shaking the oily solution before drawing up their dose as they seem to think that doing such is needed as if somehow it is going to have a positive impact on the dose you are injecting.....LOL!

post #8

I have been on trt for 6 years injecting strictly sub-q using an LDS fixed insulin syringe (31G x 6MM).

150 mg TE/week (75 mg every 3.5 days).

Never once injected air into the vial before drawing and never had an issue with load times drawing .375 mL of the oily solution.

If anything even though drawing/injecting when using an LDS fixed insulin syringe 30-31G may be somewhat slower you can easily pull low volumes of the oily solution fairly quick.

Warming the vial before drawing will make the oily solution flow much easier.

Not sure why everyone is always complaining of the load times when drawing the esterified T using a fixed LDS insulin syringe!

bixt

Not sure why everyone is always complaining of the load times when drawing the esterified T using a fixed LDS insulin syringe!

Compounded \ UGL oils are thinner and can can be loaded far quicker than say genuine Pfizer Depo Test. Could be those complaining are using the thick pharma oils.

madman

Super Moderator
Compounded \ UGL oils are thinner and can can be loaded far quicker than say genuine Pfizer Depo Test. Could be those complaining are using the thick pharma oils.

Even when using big pharma Depo-Testosterone (TC) or Delatestryl (TE) you can still pull low volumes of the oily solution fairly quickly even when using an LDS fixed insulin syringe (30-31G).

If anything warming the vial before drawing.....easy peasy!

My reply from a previous thread:

Although big pharma cypionate uses cottonseed oil as the carrier which tends to be more viscous keep in mind that one of the excipients in the oily solution is BOH which acts as an oil viscosity reducer.

Regardless of the viscosity of the oil carrier used as some oils are more viscous than others one of the benefits of the added BOH which is a commonly used excipient in the oily solution is it acts as an oil viscosity reducer which should improve the ease of injecting.

You could always warm up the vial before drawing.

Benzyl alcohol (BOH) is a commonly used excipient in oil depots in concentrations ranging from 1.5-10% v/v and is used as a

* solubility enhancer
* oil viscosity reducer
* local anesthetic

Vince

Super Moderator
This is good to know. Thank you both for your input. It sounds like I’m just being paranoid because I have recently felt off. I’d imagine for HCG injections, that the above technique may hurt the potency but doesn’t seem like it’s the same for the T.

Do you guys use a withdrawal needle or just use one needle for withdrawing and injecting?
I use one syringe for both. Insulin syringe.

Blackhawk

What order do you go in to keep hcg out of the test or test out of the hcg bottle?

I draw T cyp and HCg in the same syringe. Oil and water. They do not actually mix.

With T cyp, I inject air into the vial and need to overdraw and push out excess to the proper dose along with expelling air (bubble). The HCG doesn't require this, it pulls easily to the proper amount without having to expel anything.

Last edited:

nodoctor

another vote for both in same syringe. I stretch so I don't feel I'm wasting time while I wait. I try to draw exactly the correct amount to not push anything back in mainly for maintaining sterility. And I do inject a full syringe of air before drawing cypionate for reasons mentioned.

nodoctor

Not to dignify your value-free comment with a response, but pushing air in is very different from the oil touching different surfaces.

Gladiator

In Australia we get TestE in prefilled syringes. I transfer the 3 1ml syringes into a sterile vial knowing its thick. I then draw with a 30g and I just have my morning coffee while it loads. I take 125mg 0.5ml every 5 days. The fact it’s castor oil let me go longer between shots as the castor oil is slower releasing and apparently it helps extend the half life.
08F8626C-BD48-475F-AC2E-4D5FDCB07A16.jpeg

Mastodont

In Australia we get TestE in prefilled syringes. I transfer the 3 1ml syringes into a sterile vial knowing its thick. I then draw with a 30g and I just have my morning coffee while it loads. I take 125mg 0.5ml every 5 days. The fact it’s castor oil let me go longer between shots as the castor oil is slower releasing and apparently it helps extend the half life. View attachment 24505
100% it won't extend enanthate to 33 days.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me