Testosterone Challenge in Men Post-Radical Prostatectomy with Profoundly Low T

Buy Lab Tests Online

madman

Super Moderator
Testosterone (T) Challenge in Men Post-Radical Prostatectomy (RP) with Profoundly Low Testosterone (2022)
JFlores Martinez, JPMulhall, SDeveci, KMatsushita, JTorremade, CASalter

Introduction

Prostate-specific antigen is the primary marker of prostate cancer recurrence. PSA secretion is T dependent with T levels below saturation point associated with sub-optimal PSA production. Men with an undetectable PSA level after RP with very low T levels might have an artificially low PSA level.

Objective

We aimed to evaluate the effects of raising T levels in such men.

Methods

The study population consisted of (i) men post-RP (ii) with undetectable PSA levels (iii) total T levels <200 ng/dl (two levels, LCMS) who (iv) underwent in-office intramuscular injection of 100mg of T cypionate (v) had a PSA level checked 5 days later, and if undetectable every month after that, 3 months later then every 6 months and (vi) follow-up of at least 24 months on T therapy.

Results

22 men have been challenged thus far. Mean age 62±18 years. Mean preoperative PSA 6.2. Mean post-RP TT value 140± 35 ng/dL 2.2. Median Gleason sum 7. 23% had GS ≥8. Mean post-RP, pre-challenge T value 140± 35 ng/dL. Mean time post-RP to challenge was 7± 9 months. Mean TT value 5 days after IMT challenge 640± 220 ng/dL, all with TT levels above 400. 5/22 has a PSA elevation, 2 immediately after IMT challenge (PSA values 0.07, 0.08). All other men started T therapy immediately and had PSA elevation at 9, 14, and 22 months after commencing T therapy (PSA values 0.08, 0.12, 0.11). All patients with PSA elevation had continued rise in PSA and had detectable disease on imaging. All men with PSA recurrence had either GS 7 with unfavorable pathology (2) or GS ≥8 (3).

Conclusions

This T challenge approach permits the early detection of prostate cancer recurrence permitting early intervention. About 10% of such men had a PSA rise immediately after T challenge.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Arturo

I took Dr.Mulhall's Testosterone Challenge in 2020 after a Robotic Prostatectomy in 2011 followed by a rising PSA in 2016 which was treated with 40 radiations and two 3 month doses of Lupron. My Testosterone never returned to a normal level and after 3 bone fractures I decided to try the challenge. My PSA remained undetectable and I have now been on daily TRT for about 18 months with amazing results.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me