Testosterone Blood Test Results - Time of Day?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Kram67

I have taken two blood tests over the last two weeks with very different results. I appreciate levels fluctuate all the time from day, week, month and clearly hourly, so getting a consistent results is almost impossible. I was very surprised at the difference in levels!

Test 1 - taken at approx 12:00

3EFB61E3-CC02-4478-881B-46F1757C78B0.jpeg

Test 2 - taken at 8:50 1 week later

A866F923-20A7-4566-832B-352220994E5F.jpeg

The NHS in the UK recommends taken tests early in the morning, when levels are at their highest. However is this really representative of the levels as they clearly drop off dramatically as the day progresses?

I have all the symptoms of low t, yet cording to test 2 I won’t be eligible.

What time of day do you recommend taking a blood test? Also, is there anything I should prior, such as eat or fast for 12 hours?

I am 55 and exercise several times a week, gym and cycling. Eat a reasonably healthy balanced diet.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gladiator

They say you should always have them done before 10am. But if you work night shift then I don’t understand how it will work. The doctor will argue that it’s an early morning test.

Kram67

Thanks for the replies.

Would you expect such disparity between the two levels? I read somewhere that the difference intraday should be around 20%? Looking at those numbers mine is considerably greater and the lower level of 9.9 was taken at 12:00. Based on the above graph, my levels will drop significantly over the rest of the day!

I am at a bit of a loss as to what to do… any suggestions?

seppuku

Thanks for the replies.

Would you expect such disparity between the two levels? I read somewhere that the difference intraday should be around 20%? Looking at those numbers mine is considerably greater and the lower level of 9.9 was taken at 12:00. Based on the above graph, my levels will drop significantly over the rest of the day!

I am at a bit of a loss as to what to do… any suggestions?

Were either of these tests done via finger prick?

By the way, even with your reading of just over 9 nmol/l, the nhs won't consider treatment

Kram67

Were either of these tests done via finger prick?

By the way, even with your reading of just over 9 nmol/l, the nhs won't consider treatment
The first test was finger prick and the second was venous.

NHS don’t want to know, and you’re right they won’t treat at that level. However, I was looking at private options. Two test below 12 nmol/L private companies will treat.

seppuku

The first test was finger prick and the second was venous.

NHS don’t want to know, and you’re right they won’t treat at that level. However, I was looking at private options. Two test below 12 nmol/L private companies will treat.

Ok, well all i'll say is that finger prick tests are notoriously hit or miss. I'd get another venous test if i were you, i suspect your 2nd result was more accurate

madman

Super Moderator
I have taken two blood tests over the last two weeks with very different results. I appreciate levels fluctuate all the time from day, week, month and clearly hourly, so getting a consistent results is almost impossible. I was very surprised at the difference in levels!

Test 1 - taken at approx 12:00

View attachment 21913
Test 2 - taken at 8:50 1 week later

View attachment 21914

The NHS in the UK recommends taken tests early in the morning, when levels are at their highest. However is this really representative of the levels as they clearly drop off dramatically as the day progresses?

I have all the symptoms of low t, yet cording to test 2 I won’t be eligible.

What time of day do you recommend taking a blood test? Also, is there anything I should prior, such as eat or fast for 12 hours?

I am 55 and exercise several times a week, gym and cycling. Eat a reasonably healthy balanced diet.

Natural endogenous testosterone secretion is pulsatile and diurnal (24 hr circadian rhythm).

Testing should be done in a fasted state between 7-10 am as we want to test at peak.

*Testosterone levels decline after a meal or glucose

I would go for bloodwork between 7-8 am.

Blood work should never be done in the late afternoon/early evening when levels will be lower as nadir (lowest point) would be around 6-8 pm.

Fluctuations from peak--->trough would be around 20-25%

Screenshot (13309).png

Screenshot (13310).png

Screenshot (13312).png

Screenshot (13313).png

Keep in mind that dysfunction (thyroid/adrenals) can mimic symptoms of low-t.

Always use the same lab/same assays (most accurate) when getting let alone comparing bloodwork.

I would retest again between 7-8 am and it is critical that you fast!

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me