Testosterone and Prostate Cancer

Buy Lab Tests Online

tayloruk

Hi guys,

Great to join up to to this forum, and I was very pleased to see the founder Nelson is ahead of the curve with T and PCa.

My Father has had PCa for over 20 years so it's a subject I am entirely versed on.

I'm friends also with Professor Edward Friedman. If any of you guys are not aware of him then I cannot suggest his book " The New Testosterone Treatment: How You and Your Doctor Can Fight Breast Cancer, Prostate Cancer, and Alzheimer's" enough. It is fantastic.

Ed is considered by many of the more forward thinking prostate oncologists as the leading authority on prostate cancer hormone models. I feel very lucky to have been able to call on him over the years.

It is important to note that high local levels of E2 in the prostate is the cause of PCa, and serum E2 levels do not reflect this. The only way high T can contribute to the development of PCa is via aromatase, and there is a tipping point where T isn't high enough anymore to protect against PCa.

So as T level drops, you reach a tipping point where for the initial PCa cell, the rate of cell growth now is greater than the rate of cell death.

So High T plus an AI should prevent most all PCa's from developing.

So as I am 39, and with a family history of PCa, I am soon to embark on Testosterone optimisation.

My bloodwork historically hasn't been the greatest anyway with T 9 (Latest result 663) so I'm looking forward to the benefits of testosterone optimisation. My E2 has always been on the low side (between 10-17) and my SHBG typically falls around mid 40's.

I've only ever had two PSA tests done.

Aug 2018 - PSA = 2.1
Nov 2019 - PSA = 2.2

Given the 0.1 increase over a 15 month period that does not imply a malignancy already present, although I will be undertake a new PSA / Free PSA and a 3T MRI of the prostate before starting T.

Be great to hear from anybody else who has experience here also.

I am looking at micro-dosing sustanon 250 daily or EOD to help mitigate aromatase and avoid peaks and troughs and as my E2 will rise when I start T, I will look to adding a very small dose of an AI also. Possibly micro-dosed in vodka maybe depending on bloods and how i feel of course.

There is a whole other discussion to have on the role of Prolactin with hormone refractory prostate cancer for another time, but really happy to be here to share this journey and learn from all you guys.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching