Testosterone and HDL

Buy Lab Tests Online

Larry B

I have been on Testosterone, HCG and Anastrozole since I was 48. I will be 60 in two months. Can testosterone replacement therapy continue into the later years in life? I monitor all my important bloodwork every six months and everything is ok except my HDL cholesterol. I feel much better being on testosterone than not. My concern is that I read testosterone can lower HDL and all cause morbidity increases with HDL under 50, mine is 39.

I've read what foods, supplements, behaviors increase HDL and I'm already doing all of those except red wine. Does anyone have any advise for me to increase my HDL?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Larry B

Correctly administered TRT should not lower HDL.

HDL can be lowered mainly by bad lifestyle, bad diet and using PEDs especially orals. AIs can lower HDL as well.
Thanks for your reply. I administer as instructed by my doctor Monday and Thursday .31 cc by intramuscular injection. I'm a pescatarian with my diet primarily plant based except wild salmon a couple times a week. I work out five days a week. I don't use any performance enhancing drugs. I'm not sure what "AI" is.

Thanks for your reply. I administer as instructed by my doctor Monday and Thursday .31 cc by intramuscular injection. I'm a pescatarian with my diet primarily plant based except wild salmon a couple times a week. I work out five days a week. I don't use any performance enhancing drugs. I'm not sure what "AI" is.

AI is aromatase inhibitor, like anastrozole, aromasin etc - medications often prescribed with TRT

Larry B

To my original question, any suggestions out there to raise HDL outside of what I'm already doing? Do others out there on TRT also have low HDL?

madman

Super Moderator
I have been on Testosterone, HCG and Anastrozole since I was 48. I will be 60 in two months. Can testosterone replacement therapy continue into the later years in life? I monitor all my important bloodwork every six months and everything is ok except my HDL cholesterol. I feel much better being on testosterone than not. My concern is that I read testosterone can lower HDL and all cause morbidity increases with HDL under 50, mine is 39.

I've read what foods, supplements, behaviors increase HDL and I'm already doing all of those except red wine. Does anyone have any advise for me to increase my HDL?

As long as blood markers remain healthy and you feel well overall the benefits of having healthy testosterone let alone estradiol levels will far outweigh having low/sub-par T levels.

Quality of life.

Testosterone can have an impact on lowering HDL, especially when using high doses.

I would be much more concerned with maintaining healthy estradiol levels which will have a positive impact on lipids.

Driving down estradiol too low with the use of an AI can hammer down HDL let alone have a negative effect on libido, erectile function, muscle, immune system, brain, bone, and cardiovascular health.

Everyone gets so caught up in wanting to achieve healthy let alone high T levels yet overlooks the significant role estradiol plays on men's overall health!

Larry B

I would stop anastrozole. You will see your HDL go up in a few weeks. Also, be careful with growing old with low estradiol since this can lower bone density.
Thanks for that great info! I take .5 mg once a week now and I'm at the high end of normal for estradiol at 32.2 pg/mL. I know you are correct about low estradiol lowering bone density but I'm worried if I stop anastrozole and my estradiol increases out of the normal range I run the risk of ED, depression, and increased fat.

Larry B

As long as blood markers remain healthy and you feel well overall the benefits of having healthy testosterone let alone estradiol levels will far outweigh having low/sub-par T levels.

Quality of life.

Testosterone can have an impact on lowering HDL, especially when using high doses.

I would be much more concerned with maintaining healthy estradiol levels which will have a positive impact on lipids.

Driving down estradiol too low with the use of an AI can hammer down HDL let alone have a negative effect on libido, erectile function, muscle, immune system, brain, bone, and cardiovascular health.

Everyone gets so caught up in wanting to achieve healthy let alone high T levels yet overlooks the significant role estradiol plays on men's overall health!
My last bloodwork shows a testosterone level of 845 ng/dL injecting .31 cc Monday and Thursday. My estradiol was 32.2 pg/mL with .5 mg of anastrozole once a week. I inject .5 ml of HCG twice a week so my balls don't shrink. My current lipid panel is Total cholesterol 143, Triglycerides 62, HDL 39, VLDL 13 LDL 91. My Lipoprotein (a) is 102.5. That is always elevated but it is genetic an as far as I know nothing can be done to lower that.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
In case that you have not read these

Larry B

In case that you have not read these

Very good info! I'll be busy reading this. Is .31 ml of testosterone Monday and Thursday along with .5 mg of anastozole too much? Would those amounts be lowering my HDL? I'm at the high end of normal now for estradiol at 32.2.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
If 845 ng/dL is your trough testosterone then the peak is possibly over 1,200, which is excessive. I would cut the testosterone dose by at least a third unless SHBG is especially high. This and cutting the AI should help the HDL. Supplementing with fish oil may provide an additional boost. Here's my personal correlation of HDL and estradiol:

Untitled 2.png

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching