Testopel vs Injections and HCG: Very confused

Buy Lab Tests Online
Hello friends, Romans, countrymen:

I've been on TRT since forever (Never went through puberty). Idiopathic Hypogonadotropic Hypogonadism. Over the years I've only been on TRT and nothing else. For years, I did injections every 2 weeks subq on my thigh but found the cycles and mood swings to be not so great.

Later I switched to Testopel implants which I get about every 2-3 months: My question: A lot of posts I read here the gents are on the shots. Is there a reason why no one is on TESTOPEL? Am I missing something here?

Also, are you all doing HCG because of other benefits or your want sperm production. Very confused. Many thanks !

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
Hello friends, Romans, countrymen:

I've been on TRT since forever (Never went through puberty). Idiopathic Hypogonadotropic Hypogonadism. Over the years I've only been on TRT and nothing else. For years, I did injections every 2 weeks subq on my thigh but found the cycles and mood swings to be not so great.

Later I switched to Testopel implants which I get about every 2-3 months: My question: A lot of posts I read here the gents are on the shots. Is there a reason why no one is on TESTOPEL? Am I missing something here?

Also, are you all doing HCG because of other benefits or your want sperm production. Very confused. Many thanks !
From Nelson.

Most doctors that prescribe Testopel do so because they get a nice margin from the company that gives them a wholesale price for the pellets for them to mark it up. Once those pellets are inside of you, it is impossible to decrease the dose. And most doctors promise you too much. 12 pellets in a 160 Lb man really last 2 months if you want your total T to be over 500 ng/dL.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Injections give a lot more flexibility and control. They are also inexpensive. Injecting every two weeks is considered dated; most around here are injecting at least weekly. Some are even injecting daily, which means hormonal variations are not a problem. Implanted pellets more often do not get good reviews. Aside from expense, there's pain from the procedures, and occasional instances of pellets working their way out. If the dose is too high or too low then you must either wait it out or repeat the surgery.

Regarding hCG, many would experience pretty severe testicular atrophy without it. Even if it's just cosmetic, some find it objectionable to have shriveled testicles. There's also the possibility that hCG is lessening some of the problems caused by TRT-induced HPTA shutdown; some men report improved mood and libido after adding it to their protocols.

Thank you. I believe I may have suffered more from bad doctors than the condition itself!! No one told me once every 2 weeks was outdated. I experienced a lot of mood issues with that so out of frustration moved to pellets. I have been doing pellets a long time so if anyone has any questions on Testopel, be glad to answer.

Problem with injections is I had issues giving myself shots in the thight of that thick oily substance that required a massive needle for delivery. But I am realizing that Testopel, when I hit the end of cycle curve is really causing a big drop.

Regarding HCG, I never had it, I had 2 seperate doctors (Endo and Uro) who never mentioned it to me. Unfortunately, I never went through puberty so my testicles are pre-pubertal. Would HCG work on me??

Thank you all for this forum, this is better information than those damn docs!!!

La Bull

Thank you. I believe I may have suffered more from bad doctors than the condition itself!! No one told me once every 2 weeks was outdated. I experienced a lot of mood issues with that so out of frustration moved to pellets. I have been doing pellets a long time so if anyone has any questions on Testopel, be glad to answer.

Problem with injections is I had issues giving myself shots in the thight of that thick oily substance that required a massive needle for delivery. But I am realizing that Testopel, when I hit the end of cycle curve is really causing a big drop.

Regarding HCG, I never had it, I had 2 seperate doctors (Endo and Uro) who never mentioned it to me. Unfortunately, I never went through puberty so my testicles are pre-pubertal. Would HCG work on me??

Thank you all for this forum, this is better information than those damn docs!!!
Current protocol is Sub Q injections in belly fat twice a week…
Small injection needle, larger draw needle… no pain!
Much better control with injections than pellets in my opinion.
Did the pellets for over 2 years myself. Injections are a lot more cost effective!

Current protocol is Sub Q injections in belly fat twice a week…
Small injection needle, larger draw needle… no pain!
Much better control with injections than pellets in my opinion.
Did the pellets for over 2 years myself. Injections are a lot more cost effective!
Thank you, were you also injecting HCG?

Cataceous

Super Moderator
My guess is you would get some kind of response from your testicles. Your diagnosis of IHH implies that they were not the original problem. The conditions aren't exactly the same, but we do regularly see guys reversing testicular atrophy even after many years of only TRT.

My guess is you would get some kind of response from your testicles. Your diagnosis of IHH implies that they were not the original problem. The conditions aren't exactly the same, but we do regularly see guys reversing testicular atrophy even after many years of only TRT.
Thank you I will definetly look into adding HCG into the TRT therapy. I am still mulling daily TRT shots. All those needles or pellets every 2 months. Decisions decisions.

Askr

I was also afraid of super high frequency injections, but twice a week is fairly standard at my clinic. Seems like you'd have less of a roller coaster of levels.

I do my testosterone injections exclusively in my glutes (rotate each cheek Monday and Thursday) and it's a pretty easy injection after you do it a few times your a master at it.

I've heard thigh/quad injection can give charlie horse like pain so I skip those.

I've considered asking my doc to move me up to 3x per week to help manage my e2 levels without calcium d glucerate, but twice a week seems to work well enough so I haven't yet.

Hope this helps.

Also hcg Injections are a breeze. I do mine 4x a week 250 iu each time sub q, small insulin needle. About an inch away from belly button. Rotate each time. You get used to sticking yourself with needles a week or two into your injections.

Also rubbing the area with an alcohol wipe in a clockwise motion for about 10 to 15 seconds post injection helps absorption. And of course cleaning with alcohol beforehand every time.

I'm not sure about your situation with hcg working, but it has kept me from noticing any atrophy at all about 8 months into my trt.

Hope this helps man!

VacationMan

I tried the pellets at first. All they managed to do is spike my T levels -way- too high (in excess of 1500 high)...and since they're implanted, I was stuck with that condition until they metabolized.

Next up: Testosterone cypionate. Once I got on the shots, I was able to vary the dosage and shot frequency until I found my sweet spot. Took a while, but there is -far- more control when you take shots...not to mention that shots are more cost effective.

My wife was on the pellets for quite some time. Her experience was that they did wonders at first, but then the results tapered off too soon. She was on a roller coaster ride as a result (not to mention the scarring that she didn't like). Got her on shots now and she's doing great.

We both take shots twice per week (3.5 days apart)...and we give the shots to each other. I can always tell when she's angry - she twists the needle on me!

To each their own though. If you're doing fine on the pellets, no need to change. The pellets just didn't work for me or my wife.

Swilsondc

I did the pellets for about a year when my insurance covered it. I went from cream/gel to them & thought it was great at first. But then you start to notice especially the last month the highs & lows. Plus mine got way to high too over 1300. I’ve been on test cyp 2x/wk for the last couple years and my numbers have never been more consistent & stable. I only have to use .22ml of 200mg/ml test cyp each dose. I inject subq in my abdomen area. It takes just a minute to draw but I use 28g 1/2 inch insulin syringes. No big deal at all. I also use HCG and use 30g 5/16 inch syringe. I inject one on one side of my stomach & one on the other. I hate needles & was injecting test cyp in my gluts with a much bigger needle & hated it. I don’t mind doing the subq at all.

I did the pellets for about a year when my insurance covered it. I went from cream/gel to them & thought it was great at first. But then you start to notice especially the last month the highs & lows. Plus mine got way to high too over 1300. I’ve been on test cyp 2x/wk for the last couple years and my numbers have never been more consistent & stable. I only have to use .22ml of 200mg/ml test cyp each dose. I inject subq in my abdomen area. It takes just a minute to draw but I use 28g 1/2 inch insulin syringes. No big deal at all. I also use HCG and use 30g 5/16 inch syringe. I inject one on one side of my stomach & one on the other. I hate needles & was injecting test cyp in my gluts with a much bigger needle & hated it. I don’t mind doing the subq at all.
Thank you this is super helpful: I started T shots on my thighs with that giant needle and absolutely hated it. I have been doing the pellets a long time now and you are right, it boosts up T and drops it like a rock the last month. Now your regimen is interesting: you are doing 2 times a week. Some posters said here they do daily. Honestly I can't muck around with daily shots, especially when I am traveling. But 2 x a week T is something that is more paletable to me.

Are you taking HCG shots to maintain testicular size/volume or for sperm production? I never had testicular growth because I never went through puberty. Since day I was diagnosed with Hypogonadism, these doctors put me on T: No one even said anything about HCG to me, which makes me livid.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me