Testing for Copper/Zinc

Buy Lab Tests Online

cmatt15

Hey guys,

Does anyone have a recommendation on the type of blood test I would need to test Copper levels and Zinc?

I see that discounted labs has a Zinc RBC test but I don’t think it tests for copper.

Any guidance would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vvs1

I had both done. I had the RBC copper done through life extension but the last time I checked their site I did not see it. You'll have to search for a provider that offers it I guess.

My rbc copper was at the very bottom of the acceptable lower range, and I wanted to retest as I supplement.

My rbc zinc was fine. I usually feel worse after taking zinc supplements too.

Gianluca

I just ordered Zinc serum and Copper serum to asses them. Rbc is definitely a better measurement, but hopefully I can still get a good reading form this

CaptianCurious

serum zinc is readily available but zinc is under homeostatic control so serum can be normal without much of a reserve. Not sure about rbc zinc.

You can test ceruloplasmin for copper too. It's to copper as ferritin is to iron, a storage form of sorts.

Gianluca

serum zinc is readily available but zinc is under homeostatic control so serum can be normal without much of a reserve. Not sure about rbc zinc.

You can test ceruloplasmin for copper too. It's to copper as ferritin is to iron, a storage form of sorts.

so Zinc/Copper serum worthless to see if there is a deficiency?

CaptianCurious

I wouldn't say worthless. With a severe deficiency, they will likely be low but catching marginal status seems tougher.

Zinc was said to rise after a meal with zinc or from supplements, and stay up for a while but would drop if there was no reserve.

I've seen a nutritionist run 3 tests for copper before at the same time to try and figure it out: rbc copper, serum copper and ceruloplasmin. I've checked serum zn and cu before and ceruloplasmin a few times. Personally, if any are low, then I up my intake for a few months.
Zinc is great but some people overdo it, just my .02.

Gianluca

I wouldn't say worthless. With a severe deficiency, they will likely be low but catching marginal status seems tougher.

Zinc was said to rise after a meal with zinc or from supplements, and stay up for a while but would drop if there was no reserve.

I've seen a nutritionist run 3 tests for copper before at the same time to try and figure it out: rbc copper, serum copper and ceruloplasmin. I've checked serum zn and cu before and ceruloplasmin a few times. Personally, if any are low, then I up my intake for a few months.
Zinc is great but some people overdo it, just my .02.

just got back my results:

Copper, Serum 82 ug/dL 72-166

Zinc, Plasma or Serum 86 ug/dL 56-134

I started supplementing with 30mg Zinc and 2mg Copper at night before bed, and it is making a positive change. Sleep improved, and I feel better during the day as well.

Reason for the test is because my Iron serum is often elevated, Iron and Zinc compete for absorption, I think anyone on TRT should think about supplementing with Zinc but copper as well, because Iron also block copper absorption. Calcium is another good thing to consider for TRT, as Iron and Calcium compete as well

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me