tendonitis - tennis elbow

Buy Lab Tests Online

Dezielpgd

I am currently using ASTYM treatments with my PT for my tennis elbow do u like that method....

I do like ASTYM treatment but add this.
Show this to your PT
Try this. It will work
But do wrist concentric extension with eccentrically lowering exercises

Habets, B, van Cingel, R. Eccentric exercise training in chronic mid-portion Achilles Tendinopathy: A systematic review on different protocols. Scandinavian Journal of Medicine and Science in Sports. 2015: 25 (1): 3-15

Background: Tendinopathy describes a condition in which the tendon is injured to due an overuse mechanism. The presentation is typically pain with activity, tenderness, decreased ability to tolerate tension, and decrease strength. These overuse injuries represent 7% of all PCP visits and 30% of sports injuries arise from tendinopathy.1 Eccentric exercises for lower leg tendinopathies have been shown to be effective in managing pain, improving function, and returning patients to work and sport. This systematic review was performed to determine which eccentric training parameters are most effective for reducing pain and improving functional outcomes in patients with Achilles tendinopathy.
Methods: 12 studies that met all inclusion criteria and were used in this study. They reviewed eccentric training protocols to determine if there was an optimum treatment regimen that had favorable patient outcomes.
Results: Strong evidence was found for the original Alfredson eccentric protocol from multiple high quality studies.2 This protocol is as follows:
Concentric heel raise with Eccentric lowering of the injured LE both with knee bent and straight
3x15 reps for each position twice daily for a period of 12 weeks
Once the exercise is performed without pain, weight was added
There was also strong evidence to utilize a gradual onset of exercise during the first week. This protocol is as follows:
o During the first week, patients initiated heel raises with 1x10 reps and gradually increased to 3x15 reps by day 7
o Weeks 2-12 followed according to the Alfredson protocol.
Clinical Implication: Based on the research, the above mentioned Alfredson protocol has been shown to be effective in targeting the affected area and should be implement to treat painful Achilles tendinopathy. Patients should be educated that reproducing pain during the exercise is acceptable, but it should not be progressive or disabling. The affected LE should perform the eccentric lowering and the exercise should be initiated slowly with speed increasing as the patient is progressed through the rehabilitation protocol.
Additional References:
1. Murtaugh, B, Ihm, J, Eccentric Training for the Treatment of Tendinopathies. Current Sports Medicine Reports. 2013: 12 (3): 175-182

2. Alfredson, H., Pietilä, T., Jonsson, P., & Lorentzon, R. (1998). Heavy-load eccentric calf muscle training for the treatment of chronic Achilles tendinosis. The American Journal of Sports Medicine, 26(3), 360-366.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Fireproof

Back a few years ago, I was doing very heavy weighted pull-ups. I developed pain in both elbows that presented like Medial Epicondylitis. (Golfer's Elbow). I did the following and the pain went away:

1. Complete rest for two weeks - no exercise for the upper arms.
2. Bought a Thera-Band FlexBar and performed rehab exercises 3x per Day for 1 week.
3. Continued the Thera-Band work and introduced light Eccentric-only weighted movements. I think I did this for 2 weeks.

All pain went away and I was able to gradually increase weight on pull-ups again (though I didn't go as heavy after that - I went for higher reps.

Link to Thera-band FlexBar ($20 on amazon)
Link to Instructional Video using FlexBar for Tennis Elbow. (They call it the Tyler Twist...plenty of vids out there).

Note: Supplement wise, I took Cissus Quadrangularis and Glucosamine Chondroitin, which seem to help joint repair.

Good luck.

covino33

I am over eight weeks now with tennis elbow is right arm....have not touched a weight for upper body since the beginning of February...very depressing...order the tennis elbow classroom program and doing ASTYM treatment with PT...my strength has improved and grip strength a little as well....but still have the pain and can not lift on it...boy this is frustrating...from my understanding it is the degeneration of the tendon and takes a lot longer than a muscle to heal...I am getting desperate and impatient but there is nothing I can do but continue to stretch and strengthen...any other input is appreciated...

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me