Tendonitis and TRT

Buy Lab Tests Online

S1W

I’ve read that using exogenous testosterone, and in particular having high TT/FT levels, can cause some “stiffening” of tendons.

I’m experiencing extremely painful, chronic tennis elbow. It didn’t occur in isolation - it is an overuse injury. But one that simply will not heal.

It’s not as if I’ve put on a lot of muscle in a short period of time, etc.

Could exogenous testosterone be a contributing factor? If so, would lowering dosage help at this point?

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator
I’ve read that using exogenous testosterone, and in particular having high TT/FT levels, can cause some “stiffening” of tendons.

I’m experiencing extremely painful, chronic tennis elbow. It didn’t occur in isolation - it is an overuse injury. But one that simply will not heal.

Could exogenous testosterone be a contributing factor? If so, would lowering dosage help at this point?

I would be much more concerned with chronic overuse (repetitive lifting) let alone training with heavy weights especially if you are getting older than where your TT/FT levels sit using therapeutic doses of T.

Talk to anyone who has been lifting heavy let alone training for years eventually there will be some degree of wear and tear especially on the joints/ligaments/tendons.

Regarding tendonitis in most cases when one has been strength training for a long time (years) most in fact develop tendinosis as opposed to tendinitis (which they think they have) and when one develops tendinosis the tendons are much more prone to a tear as tendinosis is a degeneration of the tendons collagen from chronic overuse.

My reply from a previous thread:

If there was a tear to the muscle tissue then healing time should not be too long.

At your age, I would be more suspect of tendon tear/degenerative tendons which can take much longer to heal let alone in many cases surgery may be needed.

Aging has a negative impact on tendon health as they tend to become stiffer/reduced regenerative capacity/loss of stem cell function.

*Aged tendons exhibited structural, compositional, and biomechanical changes

Regarding tendonitis in most cases when one has been lifting weight for a long time (years) most in fact develop tendinosis as opposed to tendinitis (which they think they have) and when one develops tendinosis the tendons are much more prone to a tear as tendinosis is a degeneration of the tendons collagen from chronic overuse.

Tendinosis (degeneration) from wear/tear, aging.

As we age one needs to train smarter as you will notice it is very common for most who have weight trained for years to end up with damaged joints/tendons from the repetitive wear/tear on the body.

Most likely tendinosis.

Highly doubtful.

ajax31

I don’t know about the testosterone angle, but look up Drew Timmerman, ND on YouTube.

madman

Super Moderator

Where does your estradiol sit on your current protocol?

I would tread lightly when it comes to how low one drives down their estradiol when using an AI.

Sure many may feel better running lower levels but unfortunately, some are driving it down too low from overuse of an AI.

Having healthy estradiol levels is critical to your overall health due to its beneficial effects on (cardiovascular health, brain health, libido, erectile function, bone health, tendon health, immune system, lipids, and body composition).

S1W

Where does your estradiol sit on your current protocol?

I would tread lightly when it comes to how low one drives down their estradiol when using an AI.

Sure many may feel better running lower levels but unfortunately, some are driving it down too low from overuse of an AI.

Having healthy estradiol levels is critical to your overall health due to its beneficial effects on (cardiovascular health, brain health, libido, erectile function, bone health, tendon health, immune system, lipids, and body composition).
Thank you for both of your replies.

Current protocol is 38mg TC EOD. Trough labs morning before injection:

TT: 875 (250-1100 ng/dl)
TruT FT: 32.5 ng/dl
E2 (Quest LC/MS): 73 (<OR=29 pg/ml)

I do not take AIs.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs