Telmisartan for high bp causes fatigue

Buy Lab Tests Online
C

Chroniclowe

Hello guys, i started telmisartan 40mg day for high blood pressure couple weeks ago. But it makes me very tired, and my erections are little bit down. (Also my blood pressure is down only couple points so it is not too low blood pressure what causes these side effects for me, its the medication itself.)
Anybody else who use or have used telmisartan, how long did it took your body to get use to it?
I’ve seen it this side effect should go away after couple weeks, after your body get’s use to it. But it doesnt seem to be in my case. If this continues im thinking switch to —> valsartan or candesartan.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

HealthMan

I use 20mg of telmisartan and have no issues. Losartan though made me tired. But you should give it sometime to see if this is transient. How long have you been using it?

C

Chroniclowe

Day 16 now, two days ago fatigue surprisingly disappeared. Sex drive is still little bit down but hopefully normalize too as time goes.
If not, im going change to valsartan which actually seems to have positive effects on erections and sex drive on studies. Telmisartan should be neutral but some how it has been affect my sex drive negatively.

Last edited by a moderator:

madman

Super Moderator

Wilson7

ARBs and ACEi have been shown to cause anemia in some populations and in some circles Telmisartan is recommended to combat HRT related erythrocytosis. There has never been a study to support that contention. Personal experience was that it did nothing for Hb/HCT related to HRT and had little effect on BP and as others have noted, I just didn't feel good on it (fatigue). ACEi for me work better, but again have had no effect on Hb/HCT. In fact I dropped the ACEi while using Bactrim for an UTI (risk of hyperkalemia), interestingly there was no effect on BP, but I am prone to PACs and the ACEi helps to reduce them. That I did notice when I stopped the ACEi for a few weeks. Probably reduced sympathetic drive via reduced ANGII unrelated to BP. Given that ANGII is in part responsible for ventricular remodeling, IMO us older guys on HRT should be using a low dose ARB/ACEi under medical supervision for that reason regardless of BP.

T

tareload

IMO us older guys on HRT should be using a low dose ARB/ACEi under medical supervision
As long as you don't get the carcinogens with the ARB.

Aspirin works for me to combat Hct elevation. Long term may not be smart. Thanks for the summary.

Narrigo

ARBs and ACEi have been shown to cause anemia in some populations and in some circles Telmisartan is recommended to combat HRT related erythrocytosis. There has never been a study to support that contention. Personal experience was that it did nothing for Hb/HCT related to HRT and had little effect on BP and as others have noted, I just didn't feel good on it (fatigue). ACEi for me work better, but again have had no effect on Hb/HCT. In fact I dropped the ACEi while using Bactrim for an UTI (risk of hyperkalemia), interestingly there was no effect on BP, but I am prone to PACs and the ACEi helps to reduce them. That I did notice when I stopped the ACEi for a few weeks. Probably reduced sympathetic drive via reduced ANGII unrelated to BP. Given that ANGII is in part responsible for ventricular remodeling, IMO us older guys on HRT should be using a low dose ARB/ACEi under medical supervision for that reason regardless of BP.
Excellent info as usual Wilson7. So what's next for a guy on 75mgs/week TE and 80mgs/day of telmisartan who's BP is still in the high 140s? Is there another ARB with the health properties of telmisartan that actually reduces BP?

I really don't want to come off TRT permanently but it seems the only thing that gets my hb/hct and BP under control is to stop cold turkey for a month.

Wilson7

If you stop, assuming the TRT is actually making BP worse, then what? I would ask your doc to try Lisinopril or another ACEi (get off the ARB first), titrate up and see if there is a positive effect on BP. It might cause a cough, it might not. The health benefits of TEL don't outweigh hypertension and lowering ANGII is the end goal. PPAR-y is secondary. I have found taking 3 g of citrulline base and taurine twice a day in my coffee along with 5 mg of tadalafil EOD does wonders for BP and erections. Even wo the ACEi, BP did not go up but I only take 10 mg. I would not just jump into that combo though, it could tank you BP and be life threatening. Baby steps and discuss with your doc. You have to figure out what works for you. Giving all the different responses just in this post, clearly the effects/sides are individual.

Ja05

Hello guys, i started telmisartan 40mg day for high blood pressure couple weeks ago. But it makes me very tired, and my erections are little bit down. (Also my blood pressure is down only couple points so it is not too low blood pressure what causes these side effects for me, its the medication itself.)
Anybody else who use or have used telmisartan, how long did it took your body to get use to it?
I’ve seen it this side effect should go away after couple weeks, after your body get’s use to it. But it doesnt seem to be in my case. If this continues im thinking switch to —> valsartan or candesartan.
Old reply but telmisartan is strong for me and I have similar issues if I take 40-80. I only take 10 but I may change to just nattokinase as it does similar effects, reduce blood thickness, blood pressure and removes plaque build up. If you use extra virgin olive oil, nattokinase or blood thinners if could cause issues if you take telmisartan as well

Gman86

Old reply but telmisartan is strong for me and I have similar issues if I take 40-80. I only take 10 but I may change to just nattokinase as it does similar effects, reduce blood thickness, blood pressure and removes plaque build up. If you use extra virgin olive oil, nattokinase or blood thinners if could cause issues if you take telmisartan as well

Ya u don’t need any meds for BP. Ur on the right track tho with the K2/ nattokinase stuff. Getting enough k2 in ur diet is one of the best ways to maintain a healthy cardiovascular system, as well as possibly reverse cardiovascular issues. I’ve heard great things in regards to nattokinase, as far as having concentrated effects that intaking K2 can. Basically sounds like K2 on steroids

As far as maintaining a healthy BP goes, here’s a reply I sent to someone on here. It covers a lot of the things I think are important to maintain a healthy BP, and a lot of the things I personally do to maintain a pretty perfect BP. I’m a nurse, and check my BP all the time since I’m around BP machines daily, and I usually run around 110/70. Here’s the reply I sent to that other guy with the tips

It’s all about doing everything u can to keep ur blood vessels flexible and relaxed. So ya, magnesium is a huge one. I personally use Remag. It’s a high quality liquid magnesium chloride. I put it in my water and sip on it throughout the day. So I’m slowly getting magnesium in my system all day.
-A huge thing when it comes to BP is hydration. I personally only drink mineral water. And then throw in some Celtic sea salt, for extra electrolytes, and the magnesium, every time I open one. So i recommend everyone drink mineral water, with some added electrolytes. That has helped a ton, in regards to keeping my BP in a perfect range
-haven’t messed with high dose vitamin E. It’s usually not good to megadose anything. The body works in a balance system, so usually megadosing something will cause an imbalance somewhere else. For example, vitamin E and vitamin K have an inverse relationship. So too much of one can deplete the other. I do take a vitamin E supplement tho. Barry tan’s Annatto-e supplement. Just one cap per day
-but speaking of vitamin K, K2 is an extremely important vitamin in regards to cardiovascular health and keeping the blood vessels nice and relax. K2 helps guide calcium to the parts of the body that it should go to. Like nails, bones and teeth, for a few examples, opposed to going to arteries where it can increase a persons risk of atherosclerosis (build up plaque in arteries that can cause narrowing of blood vessels) which can result in blood pressure increasing, since the same amount of blood has less space to fit through
-the other main thing is to keep ur fasting insulin levels as low as possible. Aka be as insulin sensitive as possible. Being insulin resistant will make ur blood vessels stiff and brittle, and have a huge impact on BP, obv in a negative way. Anytime cells are insulin resistant, insulin has less of an effect, and blood sugars stay elevated longer in the blood than they should. This does two main things. Sugar in the blood makes the blood thick and sticky. Think of things high in sugar. Honey, syrup, high fructose corn syrup, etc. U want ur blood thin and viscous. The other thing elevated blood sugar in the blood does is turn ur blood vessels hard and brittle. Consequently the blood vessels don’t flex as much, and cause blood pressure to increase. And on a side note, when elevated blood sugar levels cause the blood vessels to become brittle and stiff, they’re subject to crack. Think of an old rubber band. When it’s new, it’s super flexible and stays in one piece. When it’s old and brittle it doesn’t stretch as much, and when u try to stretch it, it causes it to have a bunch of cracks. When this happens in the blood vessels, cholesterol then comes to fill in these cracks, which then cause plaque buildup, which then can cause narrowing of the blood vessels and blockages overtime
-Then u want to decrease inflammation as much as possible. The main offenders are usually pasteurized/ grain fed dairy (basically 99% of dairy people consume/ have access to), gluten and unhealthy fats/ oils.
-there’s obv other things u can do, like optimize sleep, and minimize stress. These will also have huge positive effects on BP when optimized
-but overall, u want to do ur best at optimizing everything I mentioned above. It’s hard to list them in a tiered manner, just because they’re all so important, if optimizing BP is the goal. But I would recommend someone just try to at least implement on recommendation at a time, let it become a habit to do, and then add another recommendation, and so on. And if u need help optimizing ur diet and becoming as insulin sensitive as possible, I can definitely help u out with that as well
-Oh, and ur potassium to sodium ratio is also important. Most people dont get enough potassium. So making sure ur intaking enough potassium everyday will also help decrease water retention, which can help lower blood pressure

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me