taking Prohormone while on TRT

Buy Lab Tests Online

JayLay777

Ive never taken a pro hormones before but if somebody took a pro hormone that was on TRT would there be any health consequences? Since they are already on TRT they do not have to worry about being shutdown.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Will Brink

Ive never taken a pro hormones before but if somebody took a pro hormone that was on TRT would there be any health consequences? Since they are already on TRT they do not have to worry about being shutdown.

Would depend on the prohormones and other factors. If TRT, health, etc is your goal (the focus of this forum...), then there's no reason to add any pro hormones (other than perhaps DHEA etc) to your regimen. Legit prohormones were banned a long time ago, and they had minimal to zero impact on T, FFM, strength etc, so a moot issue really.

HealthMan

If you are talking about the old days pre hormones to try to put on muscle mass... Save your liver. They come with a lot of side effects (liver toxicity, high blood pressure, kidney toxicity, etc) and not great results compared to other anabolics. But this is not the right forum to discuss this.

madman

Super Moderator

Your posts on the board are all over? You stated in a previous post you feel that you are experiencing low t symptoms and posted limited information total t/free t shbg asking if you should pursue trt and now you are asking about taking a prohormone while on trt? You make no sense!

JayLay777

Yes I was taking 25 mg. I heard DHEA is not suppressive though so I just take it for a little boost in the gym and I can actually feel a boost from it sometimes so it works for me.

By the way DHEA is not the pro hormone you think it is. It is completely natural.

Last edited:

Will Brink

If you are talking about the old days pre hormones to try to put on muscle mass... Save your liver. They come with a lot of side effects (liver toxicity, high blood pressure, kidney toxicity, etc) and not great results compared to other anabolics.

How old days are we talking? If you're talking the very first, such as androstendione, 4AD and such, they didn't show any major toxicity, but they also didn't do jack chit for FFM, strength etc. You may be thinking of stuff like Superdrol and such which came after the ban on pro hormones, but were not in fact pro hormones, they were slightly altered versions of legit AAS and did come with side effects such as those you list.

Will Brink

Yes I was taking 25 mg. I heard DHEA is not suppressive though so I just take it for a little boost in the gym and I can actually feel a boost from it sometimes so it works for me.

By the way DHEA is not the pro hormone you think it is. It is completely natural.

DHEA will give you no boost in the gym. I'd highly recommend you take some time to research the stuff you're putting in your body before you swallow it. What you're experiencing is placebo effects and if one were to replace them with sugar pills you'd get the same boost. DHEA can have various health benefits for men and women, but as a sports supp in men, it's worthless.

HealthMan

Methylated pro hormones will definitely mess with your liver. 4AD in higher doses can increase both DHT and estradiol. In some people elevated estradiol will cause high blood pressure. Epistane messed big time with my liver. The only ones I had bo side effects didnt do anything
But I agree with you. A lot of them were not really pro hormones but altered versions of AAS

HealthMan

My opinion is. Pro hormones are not worth messing with. The only ones that will give you great results will come with side effects. Better user other anabolic agents. But again. This is not the scope of this forum.

Will Brink

Methylated pro hormones will definitely mess with your liver. 4AD in higher doses can increase both DHT and estradiol. In some people elevated estradiol will cause high blood pressure. Epistane messed big time with my liver. The only ones I had bo side effects didnt do anything
But I agree with you. A lot of them were not really pro hormones but altered versions of AAS

There were no Methylated pro hormones. Epistane, for example, "...is an orally active anabolic-androgenic steroid (AAS) of the dihydrotestosterone (DHT) group which was first described in the literature in 1974."

Will Brink

Bad idea.. steroids are bad idea.. prohormones are even worse

Testosterone is a steroid. If you're here, I assume you're on TRT. Steroids are not defacto a bad idea. Per usual, depends on the Three D's. Many still think T is "a bad idea" when we know that's not true. Over generalizations don't help people make educated decisions.

HealthMan

Halodrol, superdrol, epistane are all methylated “pro hormones” or better saying designer steroids.
epistane = Havoc 2a,3a-epithio-17a-methyl-5a-androstan-17b-ol and Epistane 2a,3a-epithio-17a-methyl-etioallocholan-17b-ol)

Will Brink

Halodrol, superdrol, epistane are all methylated “pro hormones” or better saying designer steroids.
epistane = Havoc 2a,3a-epithio-17a-methyl-5a-androstan-17b-ol and Epistane 2a,3a-epithio-17a-methyl-etioallocholan-17b-ol)

And not one of those listed were pro hormones. That's my point. Designer steroids would be more accurate. Actual pro hormones were banned, then replaced by the "designer" stuff you listed which were modified AAS.

HealthMan

And not one of those listed were pro hormones. That's my point. Designer steroids would be more accurate. Actual pro hormones were banned, then replaced by the "designer" stuff you listed which were modified AAS.

True. But people usually use the term pro hormone for both which is wrong. The message is. Too toxic for the results it provides.

madman

Super Moderator
True. But people usually use the term pro hormone for both which is wrong. The message is. Too toxic for the results it provides.
You just contradicted yourself saying" halodrol,superdro,epistane are all methylated "prohormones" or better saying designer steroids" , there is no OR BETTER SAYING as Will stated earlier prohormones are not designer steroids and now you change your tune. As far as methylation (c-17 alpha alkylated oral aas) they definitely contribute to liver stress/toxicity but it is the drug/dosage/duration that will reflect the degree of impact the drug will have on ones liver function/health. If you search the literature you will find that not all of the methylated oral aas cause the same degree of liver stress as the androgenicity/steroid structure of the steroid also play a role - anavar(oxandrolone)/winstrol(stanozolol)/dianabol(methandrostenolone)/halotestin(fluoxymesterone)/anadrol(oxymetholone). Making a blank statement that methylated = too toxic for the results it provides is some what misleading. Hell alcohol/prescription drugs/toxins(food/environment) stress ones liver! Just tell me you are not trying to educate William D Brink because it is a battle lost before you start.

Will Brink

Which is exactly what you were doing. Spreading misinformation does not help people make informed decisions. The actual pro hormones were nether effective nor particularly dangerous. The designer steroids are a different matter. That's the message people need to know: don't mistake designer steroids for pro hormones

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me